Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

What is with people...

OP AgentMaryland93

Seriously, what is with people in the multiplayer?

Granted, I play only vs AI, so I'm not going to expect the best of the best, but I just don't understand a lot of the people that I come across.

Sometimes it's people that join a game, then quit after a few minutes in of doing nothing (usually low levels, but max levels have been known to do this too). Other times I get people who are level 40+ but you'd swear they just picked up a controller for the first time as I watch their cursor just swivel around the map without doing much at their own base only to either get overrun or just leave (possibly someone who plays a fair amount letting someone who's never played before in their lives try on their account?). Then there are times where I get people that, even if they're not being focused; they'll amass an army and just sit at their base with it trying to protect it from nothing while everyone else is being bombarded.

Sure, I don't have too much room to complain as it's only vs Heroic difficulty AI which are super easy to predict and counter. But if I was in an actual match against actual people, I don't think I'd be able to come back from having one or two guys who have no idea what they're doing, twiddling their thumbs while I try to build a force to push...

Does anyone else ever have experiences like this? Even in normal matchmaking?
Well some people might not have played for a while and are a little rusty...and others are just a bit slow haha, but yeah considering this is a team game and if you play online...you're best playing in a team of 1 or 2 others who are on your skill level or higher to avoid getting too frustrated :)
Well some people might not have played for a while and are a little rusty...and others are just a bit slow haha, but yeah considering this is a team game and if you play online...you're best playing in a team of 1 or 2 others who are on your skill level or higher to avoid getting too frustrated :)
I dunno if I'll ever go to a real match, I'm almost afraid of what I'll find there lol (plus, I'm pretty bad at RTS games :()
I dunno if I'll ever go to a real match, I'm almost afraid of what I'll find there lol (plus, I'm pretty bad at RTS games :()
Well 3v3s is a mix if you're a solo queuer...most games are close matchups tbh (unless you're up against a team of 3). You should be fine in 3s if you have the basics down and help your teammates out when they need help, don't be afraid to try out multiplayer :)
Well 3v3s is a mix if you're a solo queuer...most games are close matchups tbh (unless you're up against a team of 3). You should be fine in 3s if you have the basics down and help your teammates out when they need help, don't be afraid to try out multiplayer :)
Maybe I will once I get stable internet. Right now I'm stuck using a wifi that acts like a child (kinda does whatever it wants. Nice, clear, sunny day? Disconnect every 5 minutes. Rainy, windy day? Perfect connection sometimes...nothing most of the time).