Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] What is your Halo Wars 2 Wishlist?

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
****UPDATE*****
We are going to be locking this thread on Friday 3/2/2018 at 3PM PST/6PM EST and evaluating the results. If you haven't or know people who haven't posted their wants - please get them to do so by Friday!
***End Update****

Hey Everyone,

If you had to pick 3 new things to add into the game for Halo Wars 2, what would they be. We are looking at ways to engage with our community more and grow the game so our ears are very open.

Cheers,
Postums and meJordan
  1. 1v1 Open Ranked Blitz
  2. More cross play options
  3. More customizable options for customs (both deathmatch and Blitz)
EDIT (unrealistic wishes)

1. More maps (new and remastered)
  2. New/more unit upgrades
  3. More unit camos
1. More maps
2. maybe one more leader
3. a terminus fight update allowing us to fight all dlc leaders
  1. Perhaps a new Kig' Yaar leader, because the lack of jackals on the game is upsetting.
  2. An option to deactivate HUD elements, I've seen some machinimas very greatly done and they could use some love.
  3. I know this is a huge long shot, and most likely wouldn't do the cut, but, an option to play campaign missions with different leaders, using their respective units and powers and all that good stuff
1) cross play for all playlists
2) spectator mode fixes (spectator mode for blitz)
3) in game leaderboard with more than just the Top 250 players in each playlist. I want to know EXACTLY how bad I am
Realistically:

1. Advanced customs options
2. In game leaderboards
3. Official tournaments

Unrealistically:

1. More maps
2. Free for all gamemode
3. Replays
1. CSR system adjustment so that it rewards smurfing to a lesser degree and doesn't completely screw over people trying to get ranked wins and gain CSR. I'd like an increase in the minimum CSR gained and decrease in the max lost. This could also make it less devastating when player's get hit by a nasty disconnect.

2. Slow down tech 2. UNSC anti-infantry turrets are far too effective at fending off rushes.

3. Spectating black screen fix. This one REALLY hurts the streaming community.

Honorable mention: Colony to get teleport, minor jack rabbit buff, Atriox help in general while fixing countermeasures.
Completely selfish and partially joking but maybe serious request: Serina buffs ;) Frostraven cool-down on y-ability is way too long atm

Edit: Don't listen to RunninRebel67, he has an agenda, not me.

I love this game. Any of these, or most of the other ideas in this thread, would make it nearly perfect.
My dream wish list:

1. Unit type control groups on xbox (see link below)

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/38bd6e2ebbb14e5b9b359bb029588800/topics/how-control-groups-should-work-on-a-console/351d33e7-fc4a-458c-ba44-15970e09013b/posts?page=1

2. Add more then 1 building to a control group and be able to cycle through them.

3. Better handling of a player that left, either give us control of their units (like WC3), or give them to Heroic AI.
3b. See stats on resign

<3
1. Crossplay to be mixed into all playlist instead of "X wars".
2. Some fixes to spectator mode black screen, and game freezes that make you lose games because you can't micro for 20 seconds.
3. More time for Post and Jordan to make this game what it has the potential to be (you guys have done great so far).
EDIT: I'm gonna add a 4th point here because I loved to be able to access the HW1 leaderboards from in game. I would absolutely love to be able to do the same in this game (might give me some motivation to actually go for rank for once).
1. Custom Leader Wheels in TFF
2. TFF Direct Air and UNSC Heavy Air Nerf (Less Units on DA and remove Phoenix Missile from AI Vulture.)
3. Make Flood and Forerunner the only Factions that can appear for the first round in TFF.
1. New/Remastered maps.
2. And upgrade/Y ability for each unit
3. In game leaderboards
My wish-list as a PC player

1. Crossplay. I don't care about any of the other things on my list as long crossplay is made available to all playlists. The advantage is minimum and if people don't want to play PC a opt in switch could be added.

2. Maps. More maps, more variety, more fun.

3. 2 or 3 more balance patches. This last balance patch was good in my opinion, but more can be done and more op strats will arise.
My biggest thing is the CSR system, it sucks, especially when you have boosters/smurfs/disconnects. Maybe make a max drop and a max gain of CSR. That would do the most to keep me playing.
2nd is I would love to be able to see what leader points ppl are getting when I'm spectating.
3rd I would like to see the black screen fixed.

Thanks for all the community outreach! It's been great.

PS- don't listen to SpaceMail Man, serina is fine :-)
  1. Maps from Halo Wars 1 remastered
  2. New spectator and streaming features
  3. More detailed stats on Waypoint: Pop graph can show composition/veterancy over time, total resource quantities, etc
More playlist options on PC and more crossplay options.
Realistically:
1.) Not sure why but the last marine in a marine squad has no voice when selected, even combat tech has no voice. Pls add voice.
2.) A disable HUD option for screenshots.
3.) Some extra custom match options like choosing color and stuff

A long shot:
1.) MOAR STUFF
2.) Fix stats, they're like half updated on Waypoint (also my total time played got cut a bunch for some reason). I guess I can just do that reset thingy though.
3.) Robertson, marines have been missing him since forever.
In game leaderboards
Free for all
Some kind of anti smurf system
1. CSR system adjustment so that it rewards smurfing to a lesser degree and doesn't completely screw over people trying to get ranked wins and gain CSR. I'd like an increase in the minimum CSR gained and decrease in the max lost. This could also make it less devastating when player's get hit by a nasty disconnect.

2. Slow down tech 2. UNSC anti-infantry turrets are far too effective at fending off rushes. Quick teching is really easy and very rewarding and hard to counter with most leaders.

3. Spectating black screen fix. This one REALLY hurts the streaming community.

Honorable mention: Colony to get teleport, minor jack rabbit buff, Atriox help in general while fixing countermeasures.
Completely selfish and partially joking but maybe serious request: Serina buffs ;)
Edit: Don't listen to RunninRebel67, he has an agenda, not me.

I love this game. Any of these, or most of the other ideas in this thread, would make it nearly perfect.
Why slow down tech 2 the main point of tech 1 is to rush your enemy, build your economy and to get to tech 2 unless you want rushes to be more mainstream which absolutely suck but this is my interpretation of that tell me what you think I am a bit curious now
1. whenever I kill a mini base as kinsano I hear Johnson say that the mini base has been destroyed.
2. The flame mortar upgrade has no text. just says N/A when I hover over the garage.
3. id like the leaderboards to update faster. OR remove blitz from the game completely.
1) port halo wars 1 maps
2) allow non xbox live gold users to play unranked multiplayer with others (at least with friends)
3) A San Shyuum leader (special units being the same as Arby’s and Shipmasters except for leader; him being prophet of regret)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17