Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] What is your Halo Wars 2 Wishlist?

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17
1 elephants
2 mongoose
3 a free banished leader a bit like forge one for each side.
1. Modding Support (like a menu where you can pick different mods to choose from, should somewhat increase lifespan a bit more, can be done as paid mods too but most likely wont be seen as good)
2. Modding Tools
3. More Blitz
  • A new Terminus Firefight Map (Maybe 2)
  • New multiplayer Maps
  • Skulls in Terminus Firefight
  • DLC units and Heros in TFF and Blitz FF
  • Changing color in Terminus Firefight
  • Bonus wish: Yap Yap's scout unit should be a Grunt driving a ghost
1. Add small side campaign vs prometheans.
2. New Blitz map.
3. A ranged Brute infantry unit.
1) remastered maps from halo wars one
2) shield gens don’t go up by 100 each
3) new maps not all semitrical
4) a way to get more people to buy the game
5) the kobra
6) a playable promethian faction
7)a season pass #2 mabye
1) A map pack featuring the best maps from Halo Wars 1. My wishlist on this would be Fort Deen, Terminal Moraine, the Docks, and Frozen Valley
2) More options for custom games. Why cant we start a game off with all leader powers unlocked, unlimited supplies, etc?
3) 60fps support for Xbox One X. My PC can do it with much worse specs than my X.

Maps are the obviously the biggest thing this game desperately needs. And PLEASE, if new maps are added, do not make them 3 lane symmetrical maps. Every single map in the game has this and it gets old after a while. Look at previous maps that changed it up like The Docks from HW1.
1. Modding Support (like a menu where you can pick different mods to choose from, should somewhat increase lifespan a bit more, can be done as paid mods too but most likely wont be seen as good)
2. Modding Tools
A Steam release is more likely.
1. New Units Upgrades and General Upgrades
(Every unit should have at least 2 [if 3 not more] upgrades, also more general upgrades would be nice, like Advanced logistics and Fortify)

2. New Units and Leader Specific Units
(It would be nice if the UNSC's Barracks and Air Pad didn't have those empty slots. Also If each leader had a special unit that would be welcome)

3. New Maps
(Everybody wants that, new Skirmishs and Terminus maps. If put, in they would make the game that much funner)
Postums wrote:
Hey Everyone,

If you had to pick 3 new things to add into the game for Halo Wars 2, what would they be. We are looking at ways to engage with our community more and grow the game so our ears are very open.

Cheers,
Postums and Wrensi
This is pretty ballsy to ask!

I really appreciate you guys engaging with the community but this is giving us hope for some additional content. DO NOT give us hope when there shouldn't be any. DO NOT mess with our feelings.

But to answer your questions:
1, 2 and 3. Have some official tournaments, where people can win money. I'd really like to watch some HW2 at an MLG Halo event. That would be a dream come true.
l Hagen l wrote:
Postums wrote:
Hey Everyone,

If you had to pick 3 new things to add into the game for Halo Wars 2, what would they be. We are looking at ways to engage with our community more and grow the game so our ears are very open.

Cheers,
Postums and Wrensi
This is pretty ballsy to ask!

I really appreciate you guys engaging with the community but this is giving us hope for some additional content. DO NOT give us hope when there shouldn't be any. DO NOT mess with our feelings.

But to answer your questions:
1, 2 and 3. Have some official tournaments, where people can win money. I'd really like to watch some HW2 at an MLG Halo event. That would be a dream come true.
I am in no way making a move to create a false hope. We are legitimately asking what the community wants and are wanting to act on them.
1. FULL CROSSPLAY
2. MOUSE SUPPORT
3. ACCESS TO REPLAYS

BONUS FROM NAKA
In-game leaderboards for the ranked modes
I'd like to see Vordius's Hero receive a Overhaul, a rework.
His hero is a reskin warlord and is worse, much worse.
A meele unit withno mobility and is only good to spread good.
Perhaps he can receive Hammer Pull at T3? The Cloak isnt massive honeatly or giving him Siphon to and some speed might make him useful.
T3 Slam could coat enemies in Goo that spreads throughout the map for a short duration?
I always wanted Kinsano's Hero to leave flame marks on the ground like leader powers do.
FFA.
FFA.
Uhh.
FFA.
Maybe some new gametypes?
King of the hill? One hill.
CTF.
1. FULL CROSSPLAY
2. MOUSE SUPPORT3. ACCESS TO REPLAYS

BONUS FROM NAKA
In-game leaderboards for the ranked modes
By the term "Mouse support" can you expand on what it is exactly that you mean? Like what specific features are you wanting to be added?
I want to be able to play with a mouse on my Xbox One. Like in Minecraft. Postums

If Minecraft can have mouse support (in game mouse support instead of controllers) then surly HW2 can implement the ability for me to be a Micro King on XB1

minecraft
1. I would like to see the game display player's CSR after a ranked match on the post carnage stat screen. That a game with ranked competitive multiplayer doesn't have this is very disappointing. I shouldn't have to get on the internet on another device and access a website to see the skill rank of my prior opponent. Also I would like to see ranked leaderboards for competitive multiplayer in game for all previous, present and future seasons. That might be a bit of a stretch request wise but it would be awesome to have that.

2. Cross play with PC for all playlists and the option on Xbox on to disable crossplay if the player so chooses.

3. I would like it if the game wouldn't reset my save data every time there is an update server side or otherwise. This includes all my campaign progress, saved game settings, etc. This is a real hindrance. I have one friend who's settings are reset everytime he launches Halo Wars 2. That shouldn't be happening.

(Also don't listen to Spacemail Man about giving Colony teleport we all know that would be broken with the 'teleport'/ 'taunt' / 'Hunter's Brand' combo)

Seriously though...Colony would be broken with teleport
Ai controlled neutral bases
More maps
Add the concept art hero like the prometheans
Flood leader
1. new maps to blitz and standard
2. Captain cutter hero unit is the odst form operation spear breaker
3. Add a req points like system to blitz.
Firstly, thank you Postums and 343 for asking for community feedback. Answering your question is not easy as there are items that I think would help grow the user base vs. others that existing players would just like to have. Both are important for the longevity of the game but I think it would be better to implement more "simple" changes vs. tackling complex development projects if resources are limited. Your continued support is the most critical item in my opinion. Everyone, please feel free to tear this apart and re-order priorities but I wanted to cover a larger potential set of options that have come up multiple times since the game launched.

For Player Growth:
1. Expand cross-play. I use Xbox primarily but the PC landscape is pretty barren which gives a bad first impression to new players. I know there is a concern for fairness but I don't think this would be a big problem in all playlists other than 1v1 Ranked as additional players would level out the field.
2. Can Halo Wars 2 be released on Steam with full Cross-play to Xbox and Windows Store users?
3. Add full In-Game leaderboards. This will help keep players engaged as they try to hit the top rank for each leader.
4. Make AI Versus match difficulty to the ranks (levels, not CSR) of the players. For example, if a player is over rank 30 they should go up against a Legendary AI opponent. New players could then start with Normal AI and a varied group could play against a mixture. Almost like AI matchmaking. Skulls could also be added to up the challenge even further. Add domination to the rotation.
5. Schedule some official tournaments and/or engage with you tubers like BtC to host some with prizes (and contact these guys directly for feedback as they have great ideas). Fix any existing bugs with spectator mode. I don't know the problems but I am sure the streamers do.
6. Expand the Demo to include a core version of Deathmatch (maybe Cutter on 1 map). Let us help advertise the game by inviting friends to try it with us in a limited mode other than Blitz.

Fan Favorites:
1. Improve control groups and advanced "right trigger" controls. Not only are they "hidden" in the menu options but are very confusing to use effectively. I know I would use Zildjians suggestions every game if they were available. If these were implemented better then it would reduce the concern for PC cross-play implementation as well.
2. Replace disconnected teammates with Legendary AI. This really should be there to improve the user experience.
3. Improve CSR system (better explained by others)
4. Free-4-All would be amazing.
5. Expand Terminus Firefight to include DLC units and Skulls for more variety
6. Add more custom game support to expand tournament and streamer options
7. Add more options for Blitz Open. Blitz is a very fun mode but the packs just don't work and give too large of an advantage. A req system would be better but ranked lists should all be Open.
8. Blitz Firefight matchmaking
9. Add more variety to the daily and weekly challenges.
10. Keep balancing the game based on feedback from top players and community members.
11. More maps. It would be great if each new map had a key differentiating feature (rebel bases / etc.)
12. A replay option for analyzing gameplay.

Personal Requests:
1. Allow players to review the full battlefield after the end of a match.
2. Identify on the start menu what players are no longer in the game.
3. Give Cutter the ODST squad vs. Spartan Jerome as he is now his own leader.
4. I don't know if this can be done with the game already being sold as "complete" but I would gladly pay for more quality content.
1. 1v1 open blitz ranked
2. Open blitz option in customs
3. In game leaderboards
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17