Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] What is your Halo Wars 2 Wishlist?

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 17
Not much I personally want at the moment besides Firefight improvements. Not that I'm against things like new leaders or maps - in fact, I'd like an extra Firefight map or two, and I'll be surprised if Regret never comes back after Forge, Arbiter and Serina made it in, not to mention Johnson - but something about Firefight above all else in this game keeps me coming back and wishing for more...

(Oh, and if I have to narrow the following down to just three individual things, I'd settle for an enemy health/damage update - either scaling back the automatic increase, or better yet, letting us lower it ourselves in the game options - enabling air units to collect bonus cores, and...ugh, somebody choose for me between new maps or the AI teammates option, I can't settle on one myself. >_>)

- Greater customizability(with a Random option for things like factions/wave types fought, post-boss bonuses and core drop locations/types so those who like current Firefight can still have that), including Skulls and other options from standard Skirmish games. Ideally, most of the below points(mainly the ones about enemy advantages) would also fit under this.
- Air units allowed to collect bonus cores. I'd also want to tweak the health pickups so units can grab them at any time and they only heal when the units are taking damage.
- Choice between the standard wave timer and a wave prep timer(only starts when the last enemy of a wave is killed, can be shorter than the standard timer if need be).
- Option for AI teammates, ideally with a "building reserve" feature in the radial menu to let us not only save base/turret/barricade spots for ourselves but request our allies to build specific ones we might want.
- Player units and Powers able to heal/cloak the Terminus and Spires.
- Enemy unit upgrades(this would include non-ability upgrades like the Marines' Combat Mechanics) and Leader Powers unlocked over time.
- DLC units added to the Banished/UNSC waves(including increasing numbers of attached Skitterers in later waves), as well as Banished Shrouds.
- New wave types. Examples: Artillery, where Kodiaks or Blisterbacks deploy and try to pummel you from range, and Blitz [insert specialty here] or Blitz Mix, where you face respective types or combinations of Blitz units.
- Player Leader Power buffs(Dying Breath, Vehicle Symbiotes, Field Promotion, etc.) able to be applied to allies' units and buildings, as well as Colony's Skitterers attachable to allies' units.
Zildjians wrote:
1. Unit type control groups on xbox (see link below)

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/38bd6e2ebbb14e5b9b359bb029588800/topics/how-control-groups-should-work-on-a-console/351d33e7-fc4a-458c-ba44-15970e09013b/posts?page=1
If we only get 1 thing it would honestly be this for me, some great suggestions though
1. Cross play on all ranked. Remove 3v3 X Wars.
remove 2v2 objective add below

2. Four player free for all with its own map.

3. In game leaderboards that reset every 14-30 Days
Make it so you can’t play ranked at all until level 10 to prevent smurfing.

I approve these wishes.
Free for all would be legit I remember Star Craft used to have that mode and it was lit.
That would be the next best thing to Decimus pink Y ability :)
Also make it to where you can queue up with friends so after you and your buddy eliminate the other 2, you can have a Mexican stand off with your friend.
A sandbox mode in Customs that allowed you to spawn units and maybe extend unit cap and have no cooldown on leader powers?
Just for some insane whackiness.
  1. Text chat support It works really well in other games ( Gears of wars 4 is a great example) and would allow for better communication between team mates in any mode.would work really well especially in an RTS
  2. More matchmaking options for terminus fire fight : Dedicated 3VE and 2VE playlists and pls add matchmaking to blitz firefight
  3. MORE MAPS
So I didn't post before what I'd like to see in case this doesn't mean that there will be brand new features developed, e.g. the cheapest ideas are being looked at:

1. Fix as many bugs as possible. Crashes, black screens, gameplay bugs with X mechanics, bad crate positions, buggy controls (right trigger for example, please don't ban me for saying trigger)
  2. Clean up spectator mode: Spectator should hear all audio if fog of war is off, and see radial menus, be able to turn off UI, be able to select a unit to look at HP etc.
  3. Clean up PC controls: option to turn off shift speeding up the cam or to reassign that function, allow queued commands on minimap, allow to reassign f5-f8 cam locations (not in options atm)
LUCIANHEAT wrote:

I approve these wishes.
Free for all would be legit I remember Star Craft used to have that mode and it was lit.
Also make it to where you can queue up with friends so after you and your buddy eliminate the other 2, you can have a Mexican stand off with your friend.
hows that ffa?nevermind, missunderstood
LUCIANHEAT wrote:

I approve these wishes.
hows that ffa?nevermind, missunderstood
It's FFA but you and your buddy have a pact to not attack each until the very end.
1- Remastered maps from HW1

2- Either make Banished Raid 2 points or put something interesting on the second (it's the one point that I feel I'm wasting) perhaps shields for Rangers or Banshees (those are 'Volir's stuff, and shields might be easier to program than a Y)

3-Switch Cutter's Jerome with Boomerang Co., They were cool on Spearbraker and he is lame compared to the other Spartans.
1. Steam release, this would open the game to a massive market, that would be willing to purchase that game and would artificially increase the games population
2. New maps, either brand new maps, or remaster Halo Wars maps
3. Skins for the units, similar to the flame-hog skin that was in Halo Wars. This would NOT be in a loot box, but instead you could visit the store and purchase skins that alter the appearance of units and buildings.
Postums wrote:
Hey Everyone,

If you had to pick 3 new things to add into the game for Halo Wars 2, what would they be. We are looking at ways to engage with our community more and grow the game so our ears are very open.

Cheers,
Postums and Wrensi
Postums what would be a legitimate request/wishlist?
Are we talking minor tweaking like patches buffing and nerfing units
Or are we talking about stuff more in depth like adding a Y ability to rangers and creating new maps or bringing back remastered maps from halo 1?
Just curious as to what we can except, sorry if this is a bit much to ask.

Anyways I appriciate everything you guys do and am thankful for whatever update you give us.
Just wanna say thanks.
A sandbox mode in Customs that allowed you to spawn units and maybe extend unit cap and have no cooldown on leader powers?
Just for some insane whackiness.
Oh yes please add a custom mode to where we can start with max leader powers, that would be perfect for testing new leaders and new strategies.
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
Postums wrote:
Hey Everyone,

If you had to pick 3 new things to add into the game for Halo Wars 2, what would they be. We are looking at ways to engage with our community more and grow the game so our ears are very open.

Cheers,
Postums and Wrensi
Or are we talking about stuff more in depth like adding a Y ability to rangers and creating new maps or bringing back remastered maps from halo 1?

Anyways I appriciate everything you guys do and am thankful for whatever update you give us.
Just wanna say thanks.
Literally anything. We are working to see what our community wants the most.
Postums wrote:
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
Postums wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Cheers,
Postums and Wrensi

Just wanna say thanks.
Literally anything. We are working to see what our community wants the most.
After that reply I feel like a fat kid on Christmas morning. 😀😁😂🤣😃😄😅
Ok give me a minute let me compose my thoughts .

Maps is definitely a top priority

Custom match options to where you can customize blitz and death match where you can start with all your learder powers.

A free for all mode that can let you queue up with friends

Last but not least cross play release HW2 on steam and make it cross play on all modes. This will help the player population immensely. Who cares if PC has a slight advantage which I honestly don't
Think its that much . I rather get a match right away that to wait in queue forever just saying .
I decided to make a video instead of typing it out, it might be more use since there are some pretty good comments too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbNmU7Frt9A&feature=youtu.be Hope it helps.
Going from easiest to hardest
1.more customization ex hunters get covenant skins or hornets get stripes camo
2. More maps
3 a gamemode that allows you to mix leaders up live colony voice with arby hero warthogs and a retriever sentinel mega unit and a combonation between voridus and paviums leader powers.

Optionaly maybe a theater mode
1. Remastered/redesigned HW maps. More maps!
2. Office tournaments
3. Dlc in tff
4. Skins. As many as possible. Since multiplayer isn't cannon it shouldn't matter what they are. Just bring everything in, we will pay for it.

Edited ps... Free for all! Or 2v2v2
I'm sure your team will put all these requests into a backlog, prioritize, and come up with the best ones but I feel that if you greatly increase the number of people playing HW2, it will solve a lot of issues. If the demand is high, you must supply and support the product (and fix bugs).

I agree on exploring a free option and/or releasing on steam. Full cross-play across PC and Xbox is needed as well. Money to support the project will come as this game matures and if the demand stays strong. There are 3 major tournaments this weekend which seems like demand is growing. Bringing HW2 into a competitive eSports platform would help.
I want the Mastercheif Vaughn ODST chimera Overlord Dragon
Much balance
Very Powerful

Any other suggestions for them to add to this game that aren't what I just said should be rendered obsolete.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 17