Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

What they should add to Halo Wars 2

OP Deadlykarma3313

The Prometheans and the Flood should be leaders on Halo Wars 2. I know the Prometheans would be hard to do but I believe that they would make a great addition to the game. And lets not forget about the Flood. The reason I think that they should be added as a leader is because it would not only be interesting to see what we could do as the flood but also there is the fact that they already have each type of unit. If the Flood were to be added as a leader I feel like the hive commander should be the super unit and some type of powerful flood should be the hero. They could also have the gravemind as a unit but have it act like Paviums Lich Vanguard were it attacks units but you can make flood infector forms only. This is only a suggestion but if someone could make this happen I have no doubt that it would make the game better and in turn attract more players.
The Prometheans and the Flood should be leaders on Halo Wars 2. I know the Prometheans would be hard to do but I believe that they would make a great addition to the game. And lets not forget about the Flood. The reason I think that they should be added as a leader is because it would not only be interesting to see what we could do as the flood but also there is the fact that they already have each type of unit. If the Flood were to be added as a leader I feel like the hive commander should be the super unit and some type of powerful flood should be the hero. They could also have the gravemind as a unit but have it act like Paviums Lich Vanguard were it attacks units but you can make flood infector forms only. This is only a suggestion but if someone could make this happen I have no doubt that it would make the game better and in turn attract more players.
Great idea but the Support by 343 is end month ago
Ingegnoso wrote:
Great idea but the Support by 343 is end month ago
Yea, maybe these ideas could be used in HW3 if they plan that.
I'd love this but like we all know, all hands on deck for Halo Infinite.
I always thought all of those other AI factions in the game should be playable. I mean, why not?
Please add space battles. SPACE BATTLES SPACE BATTLES SPACE BATTLES. It is needed as either DLC or entirely new game. either one is fine by me. However, if its a new game they can put it on game pass. EVEN BETTER
xxSPRIFTxx wrote:
Please add space battles. SPACE BATTLES SPACE BATTLES SPACE BATTLES. It is needed as either DLC or entirely new game. either one is fine by me. However, if its a new game they can put it on game pass. EVEN BETTER
The rarity of space battles in the halo universe has always surprised me. Seem like a series where they would be a more common occurrence, instead we really just have the first third of a single mission in Reach.
xxSPRIFTxx wrote:
I agree 100%

We NEED space battles.
xxSPRIFTxx wrote:
I agree 100%

We NEED space battles.
Have you tried Sins of the Prophets? Have a feeling it will scratch that itch for you
MorseyBaby wrote:
xxSPRIFTxx wrote:
I agree 100%

We NEED space battles.
Have you tried Sins of the Prophets? Have a feeling it will scratch that itch for you
I have and I absolutely love it!
I always thought all of those other AI factions in the game should be playable. I mean, why not?
Adding new factions makes it much more difficult to balance the game. I think one of two bad outcomes are likely:

1) The Flood and Prometheans are decidedly worse or better than other factions, such that either everyone picks one or both of them or nobody picks them.

2) They are balanced but only because the developer forced a symmetry with covenant/unsc factions that is unnatural to what those factions really are. This is especially problematic for the Flood. They fight in a fundamentally different way than all other factions so it would be lame to see them have too much similarity with the other factions.
The desperately needed more map variety. Just man Power Nodes everywhere and map features on the outskirts instead of the center hurt the game badly. Things like Rebels and Sentinels made Halo Wars 1 unique.