Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

When do we get ranked?

OP EmperorPotatos

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Title says it all...

I don't partially like Vsing players who are new to RTS.

I'd like to vs people who are experienced..

is there an ETA?
Same here hoping for ranked soon for deathmatch.

It better not be blitz exclusive.

Oh dear god, please don't be blitz exclusive - that's a bullet to the game
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Kiing PurP wrote:
Not soon enough , someone should lose their job over releasing without ranked play, to get a challenge playing this game I have to get myself drunk otherwise I win every game way too easy, if there were ranks I would just face good players ....
A new game never has ranked right away, right now i cant even play online because of bugs(pc).

Let them fix everything and let people play the game before ranked is introduced

I really hope Blitz doesn't get ranked..
is there an ETA?
Quote:
The team agrees - if all goes according to plan the goal would be roll out ranked playlists within a month-ish of launch. As soon as I have some concrete details I'll certainly pass them along! @ske7ch343
Thanks buddy
in my eyes it doesn't matter if it's with or without ranked modes. you can still play the complete game and you can play good, you can have fun and you can win in a non-ranked game. and yep, i know that there are ppl with other priorities (like in hwde)
yoink on this small ranking list and you will have fun for dozens or hundreds of hours.

ppl will cry anyway when we get ranked... then they talk about unbalanced units, "bad" netcode and other nonsense only because they lose in a ranked mode.
Kiing PurP wrote:
Not soon enough , someone should lose their job over releasing without ranked play, to get a challenge playing this game I have to get myself drunk otherwise I win every game way too easy, if there were ranks I would just face good players ....
A new game never has ranked right away, right now i cant even play online because of bugs(pc).

Let them fix everything and let people play the game before ranked is introduced

What do you mean a new game doesn't have ranked right away ? Starcraft had ranked right away .... original halo wars had it right away , -Yoink- even rocketleague had rank right away ...
in my eyes it doesn't matter if it's with or without ranked modes. you can still play the complete game and you can play good, you can have fun and you can win in a non-ranked game. and yep, i know that there are ppl with other priorities (like in hwde)
yoink on this small ranking list and you will have fun for dozens or hundreds of hours.

ppl will cry anyway when we get ranked... then they talk about unbalanced units, "bad" netcode and other nonsense only because they lose in a ranked mode.
Ranked playlists provide a more competitive experience. No one likes roflstomps. Not the stomper, not the stomped.

Ranked playlists provide a more competitive experience. No one likes roflstomps. Not the stomper, not the stomped.
no one stops these guys when they want to join a ranked game. (the difference is only with higher ranks on a later time noticable - if it get a good matchmaking...)
Kiing PurP wrote:
No?
RNked is needed month from now I can wait
Kiing PurP wrote:

Disagree, blitz would be great ranked
Kiing PurP wrote:

Disagree, blitz would be great ranked
Wouldn't makes sense though... its pay to win - you'd literally pay to have a high rank
There is a hidden matchmaking skill that u have and it looks for people in your range so people complaining about playing vs scrubs its because you havent beatin anyone good yet... u can see it says looking for people and then says expanding search and then basically looks for anyone.
Kiing PurP wrote:
There is a hidden matchmaking skill that u have and it looks for people in your range so people complaining about playing vs scrubs its because you havent beatin anyone good yet... u can see it says looking for people and then says expanding search and then basically looks for anyone.
Kiing PurP wrote:
Not sure if this isn't correct.. I'm on an 80% winrate and win quite easily. Surely I'd be vsing better players by now
Not sure if this isn't correct.. I'm on an 80% winrate and win quite easily. Surely I'd be vsing better players by now
It's not really up for debate it's directly stated by the developers. And it's only been one week (for a minority of the playerbase..) in and most people are playing campaign, trying various playlists (likely with their own trueskill), etc... even if its got you higher it takes some time for everyone else to get sorted as well and be found before the game widens search parameters to get a match going. The matchmaking itself will definitely be looser in unranked modes than it would be in ranked, but as long as there is a half decent population it will get tougher.

And it's not like people can't go on long win streaks to start off other games. After my rank got reset for skipping a couple seasons I made it to 72-3 in ranked 1v1 of Starcraft 2 (a notoriously competitive ladder) before it had me properly adjusted and I resumed winning 50%. It's why "smurfing" is a thing.

Regardless, I do hope the actual ranked mode comes soon. Just don't think people should be completely dismissing matchmaking 2 days into the normal release.
Werd5 wrote:
It's not really up for debate it's directly stated by the developers. And it's only been one week (for a minority of the playerbase..) in and most people are playing campaign, trying various playlists (likely with their own trueskill), etc... even if its got you higher it takes some time for everyone else to get sorted as well and be found before the game widens search parameters to get a match going. The matchmaking itself will definitely be looser in unranked modes than it would be in ranked, but as long as there is a half decent population it will get tougher.

And it's not like people can't go on long win streaks to start off other games. After my rank got reset for skipping a couple seasons I made it to 72-3 in ranked 1v1 of Starcraft 2 (a notoriously competitive ladder) before it had me properly adjusted and I resumed winning 50%. It's why "smurfing" is a thing.

Regardless, I do hope the actual ranked mode comes soon. Just don't think people should be completely dismissing matchmaking 2 days into the normal release.
I appreciate the explanation :)

72-2 in StarCraft.... I Ann actually amazes you didn't go up vs a GM at one stage to get into Masters from Diamond you had to beat GMs lol
miss them days.. Masters isn't what's it use to be
If anything, there should be a separate ranking for Blitz and one for regular MP modes.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2