Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

When Is The New Season?

OP CommanderrPeace

I have been training all season so when I do my placements for Season 12, I will get hopefully at least 8/10 placements won because I know they are very important but now I am thinking if I wait to long it will reset on me and go to Season 13, so here's my question...How often do the seasons change and when is season 13?
Seasons change whenever a large balance update drops, so we're not sure when season 13 will begin.
Seasons change whenever a large balance update drops, so we're not sure when season 13 will begin.
Will there be a Season 13?
Will there be a Season 13?
I'd assume yes
Season changes are not scheduled. They usually happen with a major balance patch, which is also not scheduled.

If you just care about your rank then I recommend playing whichever ranked playlist now and try to win. As long as there is not a hard reset, your season 12 rank will have the most impact on your season 13 rank. Placement matches are not super important. Winning a large number of games consistently is.

As an example, spending the next month training just to win 10/10 placement matches is less beneficial than playing now and going 30/40 for that month.
EiTeNeR wrote:
Season changes are not scheduled. They usually happen with a major balance patch, which is also not scheduled.

If you just care about your rank then I recommend playing whichever ranked playlist now and try to win. As long as there is not a hard reset, your season 12 rank will have the most impact on your season 13 rank. Placement matches are not super important. Winning a large number of games consistently is.

As an example, spending the next month training just to win 10/10 placement matches is less beneficial than playing now and going 30/40 for that month.
This is extremely helpful, does the rank from the previous season impact your placements?
EiTeNeR wrote:

This is extremely helpful, does the rank from the previous season impact your placements?
As long as there is not a hard reset, your rank from the previous season will roughly be where you start at for your first placement match.
this game still has active support right? i arrived late so just wondering.
Yep, the game still gets love every now and then. There just aren't many developers still on it.
Yep, the game still gets love every now and then. There just aren't many developers still on it.
I wish they were