Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Where are the jackals?

OP Mr Corporal

Is there any information about why the jackals were not added to Halo Wars 2?
Something in the lore or anything like that?
I think it's as simple as Atriox never hired any Jackal groups, whether that's because he didn't want to or never got the chance too, I don't know.
I think it's just that they're just not loyal.
I think it's just that they're just not loyal.
These jackals an't loyal.
Jackals are essentially space pirates, they hold no loyalty and only joined the Covenant because of the power threshold they provided. Large army willing to protect anything you find because it might serve a purpose = great security for the things you bring back. Despite we never really saw any of this in the games as they were just shielded infantry and marched onward to die just like every other Covenant.

Despite Atriox having a large army, they probably saw no benefit to joining him and thus didn't.

That's my best guess.
Jackals are essentially space pirates, they hold no loyalty and only joined the Covenant because of the power threshold they provided. Large army willing to protect anything you find because it might serve a purpose = great security for the things you bring back. Despite we never really saw any of this in the games as they were just shielded infantry and marched onward to die just like every other Covenant.

Despite Atriox having a large army, they probably saw no benefit to joining him and thus didn't.

That's my best guess.
I understand this cultural aspect and that make a lot of sens for me
Is there a reason why any other non-human leader have not yet introduced the jackals? As Arby was killed during the human / covenant war, i was really suprised that his Anti-Infantry units were not jackals (as it was the case for the previous game)

Also, if the covenant are completely defeated and the banished replace them as the next enemies, do it mean the jackals will disapear from the future games?
Is there any information about why the jackals were not added to Halo Wars 2?
Something in the lore or anything like that?
The jackal are the faction of the fedel covenant
I think it's as simple as Atriox never hired any Jackal groups, whether that's because he didn't want to or never got the chance too, I don't know.
of Corse because Atriox power is OP

That's my best guess.
I understand this cultural aspect and that make a lot of sens for me
Is there a reason why any other non-human leader have not yet introduced the jackals? As Arby was killed during the human / covenant war, i was really suprised that his Anti-Infantry units were not jackals (as it was the case for the previous game)

Also, if the covenant are completely defeated and the banished replace them as the next enemies, do it mean the jackals will disapear from the future games?
All of them seem centralized around their own kind in Halo Wars 2. Colony uses mostly Hunter or simply Lekgolo worm controlled groups. The Brutes such as Voridus, Pavium, Decimus, etc seem to stick to Brutes, and the Shipmaster sticks to mostly Elite infantry while YapYap keeps his army exclusively Grunt (with the exception of the riders who are riding Brutes). Seeing as there is no Jackal leader, it may simply be they stuck to a theme of 'this type of leader sticks to their own people' mindset. Or perhaps there is a different reason altogether?

Jackals were included in Halo 5, so it's very likely they may be in Infinite, but as for being in Halo Wars 3? Not very likely.
They're on the far side of the Ark, duh
nuchey wrote:
Atriox probably locked them for future DLC use, a Red Beam Rifile would be beast.
nuchey wrote:
Atriox probably locked them for future DLC use, a Red Beam Rifile would be beast.
Banished Skirmishers Drools
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Banished Skirmishers Drools
Man...this post got more hype than it was supposed to.
I guess the best answer would be "atriox tried to recruit them once but they double crossed him and almost got him and his men killed according to the rise of atriox comic series i atriox won't trust them again. That's the canon reason imo
however, i think in reality the only answer i could think of is that the banished are NOT the covenant they're new and different and one thing 343 did to make a difference between the two of them is to remove an entire species from the banished so as to avoid having a mere copy of covenant wearing red.
It’s because after the major covenant hierarchy collapsed into mayhem, the jackals went back to being pirates and mercenaries. Some jackals have even served as guns-for-hire for humans.
I’m 95% sure that Atriox has at least a few jackal mercenaries that he has hired.
The scientific identification or name of their species is Kig-Yar. They are actually space pirates and mercenaries that work mainly for the Covenant because of the power and threshold they provide.
DankyPiggy21
Please don't revive old topics, as that's against the Forum Rules.
Quote:
Do not spam. Spam includes but is not limited to commercial posts, single word responses, petitions, non-English posts, cross-posting, posts containing all-caps, necroposts and bumps (replies purposely made to move the thread to the top of the active thread list).