Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Where is the Campaign DLC?

OP HASHTAG JOHN117

It's all in the title. I thought we would have more by now.
Patience my good friend.
It's coming.
Probably.
Don't count on it.
I sure hope they plan on having some. I thought at first there would be like a mini campaign for every new leader, but that obviously isn't happening :(
Not intending to be "that guy" but you could always go back through and beat the campaign on legendary. Or round out the achievements. Or play some matchmaking. Plenty of things to do. To borrow from another developer, it's done when it's done. :)
It'll come in due time.
Word on the street (and buried withing game files) is that Campaign DLC will hit around 6 months after HW2 launch date.
nice season pass lol
I am guessing there might be something announced at E3 this year. Makes sense to announce something like a Banished Campaign at a big venue like E3. :)
I'm not really surprised it's not out. I mean HW2 has been out for like what, 2 months? I feel like a campaign you have to design the story, come up with objectives, record new audio of the characters speaking in the story. I feel like it's much more work than just adding a new leader.

Plus maybe if it takes longer we'll get Blur cutscenes...........
It's too soon, only two months. We'll be lucky if we see it in the next two months. I was expecting the campaign dlc to be the last dlc for Halo Wars 2 but we might get at least 1 or 2 leaders after that.
The game has been out for 2 months now. Expecting to get new campaign DLC in such a short time frame is optimistic at best, somewhat naive at worst. Expect it some time this Summer, would be my guess.
Now I'm not 100% sure about this, but I do recall seeing somewhere that they are planning to release a total of 8 DLCs for HW2 and ( knowing that Forge & Kinsano are already two of them ) that the Campaign DLC was only going to be the 8th one on the list. Like I said I'm not sure about this since I believe my sole source are files within the game's folders that hint towards this conclusion. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I wouldn't be too surprised if this were to be the outcome for incoming DLCs. I hope it won't be the case ! HW2 needs the campaign DLC sooner because, for me anyway, multiplayer isn't even fun IMO ( not like HW1 anyway, though I hope they'll add stuff and new game modes to make it more enjoyable overall in the future ).
I am guessing there might be something announced at E3 this year. Makes sense to announce something like a Banished Campaign at a big venue like E3. :)
That would a prime opportunity yes !