Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Which leader do you use?

OP Themoneyguy7

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So while I was playing halo wars 2 I have seen a lot of people use captain cutter, and I was wondering what leaders do you use and why. I use professor Anders because of her ultimate unit and her R&D ability. Let me know who do you use and why.
i use cutter simply becuse isabell is useless and proffesor anders dont have hawks. i missing leader so is focus air ablity.
Woot woot random all every game
i am still trying to master the Shipmaster. he is powerful, too powerful at times. but if i can get a good mid game strat figured out with him, him and i will be unstoppable.
I use all of the Banished leaders. I love their factions units!

That said, I love Atriox's economy powers, it's really powerful mid and late game.
Shipmaster is the king of hit-and-run, sneaky tactics, so fun.
Decimus is like a hammer to me. Not pretty, but very very effective!
Vdub iddqd wrote:
i am still trying to master the Shipmaster. he is powerful, too powerful at times. but if i can get a good mid game strat figured out with him, him and i will be unstoppable.
Have you tried Banshee/Hunter or Banshee/Locust? Those are usually the best mid game strats for me.
Vdub iddqd wrote:
Have you tried Banshee/Hunter or Banshee/Locust? Those are usually the best mid game strats for me.
i havent, but i am willing to try anything to improve my game.
also trying to find other players to game with is a struggle. the AI really doesnt do much in terms of figuring things out hahaha

thanks for your advice!
Vdub iddqd wrote:
Vdub iddqd wrote:
also trying to find other players to game with is a struggle. the AI really doesnt do much in terms of figuring things out hahaha

thanks for your advice!
If you want to add me on Xbox by GT is BreezyStarfish1, I'd love to play some scrims with you to practice strats or to even do 2v2's if you'd like.
Vdub iddqd wrote:
Vdub iddqd wrote:

thanks for your advice!
If you want to add me on Xbox by GT is BreezyStarfish1, I'd love to play some scrims with you to practice strats or to even do 2v2's if you'd like.
cool, request sent.
i typically game in the evenings, 7-11pm central time.
Been playing a lot of Kinsano and Cutter/Atriox lately because I like infantry atm. Still would say that Anders and Forge are my go to characters like.

I don't feel like Decimus, Isabel and Shipmaster have enough unique or distinct about them. I much prefer Atriox economy boosts to Decimus damage boosts. Atriox just has such map control. Plus I generally go UNSC so usually I am not playing the Banished at all.

Yeah per my Service Record, Forge, Atriox and Kinsano in that order. Since Anders was my most played at one point I am guessing she is No.4. Must have played Kinsano a lot to get her to No.3.
Anders all the way. I just miss cryobomb and hawks. I'm over the loss of the cobras, though. The new kodiaks are way better. =].
I've played strictly as Cutter, but for no other reason than I really try to master a leader before I change anything (In madden, I'll play as 1 team for the entire season, it's the same idea).

With that said, I'm starting to look into making a change. Since the new update and the release of Kinsano, I just can't justify playing as Cutter anymore. He is simply too under powered to keep up with the top 4 or 5 leaders. It's really necessary to have powerful, unique units for each leader. The best leaders have them (or just REALLY good leader powers), where as the worst do not.

The list right now seems to be as follows (from best to worst):

Atriox
Kinsano
Shipmaster
Forge
Anders
Cutter
Decimus
Isabel
Off-topic but I reckon Serina will get Hawks. :)

Saw a few grumbles about the lack of Hawks.
Most ppl online use cutter he is a nice allrounder but if u have a good reaction time and RTS experience shipmaster is the master of dirty gaming:)
I use all of the Banished leaders. I love their factions units!

That said, I love Atriox's economy powers, it's really powerful mid and late game.
Shipmaster is the king of hit-and-run, sneaky tactics, so fun.
Decimus is like a hammer to me. Not pretty, but very very effective!
Very well said! And I have to agree, being a very big Banished fanatic myself!
Especially Shipmaster, his cloaking abilities are very fun to someone who likes to often 'stealth' they're way to victory.
And don't even get me started on Tactical Giveaway, one of my favourites in the entire game. Its no Super Unit, its no eradicating spell, but somehow it can wreak havoc among those who play their cards right!
I started off playing Forge but I think I will move to a Banished.
i use forge/ atriox and my teammate goes shipmaster and trolls the enemy to death
I love the new ledars in halo. I love the most is voridus
I usually use forge
A lot of players use Cutter because he can pick early game engagements. By that I mean that once you get Raid, you can run from unfavorable fight and go in when the odds favor you and the enemy can't escape. Mid-game he gets ODST drop which is very cost efficient as it can stun retreating armies and then blow them sky high with mines. Then late game, if he's losing he can drop in a veteranized army and if he's winning he can push on the enemy base and use Close Air Support and finish the game just like that. There is no point in the game where he falters. He has no weaknesses. I'd say he's #1 right now.

As for #2 I'd give it to Voridus. You can get super aggressive early game with just a handful of Grunts because you have a super cheap, super fast recharging, and super devastating mine. Grunts, Grens, and Voridus can wreck any army of infantry. Some people don't know that after you use Voridus' Y ability, he trails infusion wherever he walks. You can just paint the entire battlefield with infusion. He's not invulnerable like Cutter though. Infusion doesn't affect air, so he struggles against them.

As for me, I play Decimus. Warlord is the most powerful hero in the game, and mid-game his Vortex-Sui drop combo is Cutter's bane. Later on he gets passives that makes his army superior to anyone else's, and a hero drop with a Y ability that is effectively a mini-eradication.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2