Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

[Locked] who are the best leaders now after patch?

OP LUCIANHEAT

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
First off I'm definitely no pro but it seems like the same leaders and being used and mass air is still a thing. But with this meta I can fight off a mass air attack with almost little to no trouble, just use an offensive leader ability and a couple wolves or reavers and they're done. On the flip side I've noticed more well rounded armies like tanks with AV and air.

My top 5 leaders in any order would be Isabel because of her tanks, Forge because of his forgehog, even if it got nerfed it still seems good and all his drops, Anders because of her sentinels and kodiaks, Cutter because well of course his infantry since they did get a slight buff as AA and Decimus because well he's Decimus. His Nerf to siphon is hardly recognizable thb.

Please don't roast me I like my steaks medium well :)
Hard to say, because the latest balance patch worked better than expected tbh. The meta isn't focused on 1-2 leaders anymore, most leaders can be viable if played properly and games are mostly determined by player skill, not by leader choice.

In 1's I'd say that Cutter, Arbiter and Anders are currently the strongest leaders. Cutter because of map control and the strongest infantry, Arbiter has COR which is still a very strong passive and Anders has a tough early game with cheap upgrades and her spartan.

I agree that Decimus is still one of the best choices for team games, but I'm not sure how viable he is in 1v1.
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
Lol

Anyways, my number one would be Arbiter. CoR just makes it so you can defeat just about any army composition with any of your own. After him in no special order I'd put Kinsano, Cutter, Anders, and Forge.

Really though the rest of the pack isn't far behind
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
What a coincidence, I like mine salty
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
First off I'm definitely no pro but it seems like the same leaders and being used and mass air is still a thing. But with this meta I can fight off a mass air attack with almost little to no trouble, just use an offensive leader ability and a couple wolves or reavers and they're done. On the flip side I've noticed more well rounded armies like tanks with AV and air.

My top 5 leaders in any order would be Isabel because of her tanks, Forge because of his forgehog, even if it got nerfed it still seems good and all his drops, Anders because of her sentinels and kodiaks, Cutter because well of course his infantry since they did get a slight buff as AA and Decimus because well he's Decimus. His Nerf to siphon is hardly recognizable thb.

I like this list, it make sense and you have some good points. I don't necessarily think that Isabel needs to be here but i guess I could see it. The tanks are still a bit squishy with Izzy for my taste but it definetley helps in those long and drawn out fights. I do agree with the deci nerf claim though. It is insane when a full pop of blister backs melts your army.
Yes I totally forgot about Arby he's definitely top 2 on the list. His COR is nuts and you're right after seeing really good gamins video of him wrecking Decimus Scarab with ease have to say you're right. I should know this coming from an Arby slash Shippy main.
In my opinion :

S Tier
Cutter
Arby

A Tier
Anders
Isabel
Kisano
Jerome
Atriox

B Tier
Shipmaster (maybe A tier)
Forge (also maybe A)
Pavium
Colony
Voridus
Deci
Serina

C Tier
YapYap ( maybe bottom B Tier )
And like every other meta the "Bottom Johnson"
In my opinion :

S Tier
Cutter
Arby

A Tier
Anders
Isabel
Kisano
Jerome

B Tier
Forge (also maybe A)
Pavium
Colony
Voridus
Deci
Serina

C Tier
Atriox is so bad he doesn't even get put on the chart lol
In my opinion :

S Tier
Cutter
Arby

A Tier
Anders
Isabel
Kisano
Jerome

B Tier
Forge (also maybe A)
Pavium
Colony
Voridus
Deci
Serina

C Tier
Atriox is so bad he doesn't even get put on the chart lol
My bad fixed it :D
Ok I totally agree with your S tier.
A tier as well.
B tier i'm flattered you hold Shippy in such high reguards but I would definitely put Decimus in A tier maybe even S tier.
Yap yap would go up to B tier because hes a good leader, he can overwhelm you very easy if you're not prepared he just has a higher skill gap and has to be heavily micro-ed.
Also Jerome would go to A tier as well.

Everything else seems spot on, side note Johnson isn't as bad as you think.
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
A tier as well.
B tier i'm flattered you hold Shippy in such high reguards but I would definitely put Decimus in A tier maybe even S tier.
Yap yap would go up to B tier because hes a good leader, he can overwhelm you very easy if you're not prepared he just has a higher skill gap and has to be heavily micro-ed.

Much agreed, people underrate Johnson really bad.
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
A tier as well.

Still not competitive on high level due to issues, like that marines can' repair the Bunker when inside or the repair becon can be destroyed.
I would partly agree with YapYap. In higher leagues he would move up to top B or may even A rank. But in lower leagues he is very vunerable to every anti infantery spam, even with Methan weagons.
Jerome may go up with another buff of his bombardment, which is still a lackluster, but since his nerf , he gets dmg If the Mantis is destroyed, I wouldn' t give him the early game, but his lategame with Omega team rocks.

But I can't agree with Deci. All of his units are powerful and beat their Counterparts most times, but due to all his leaderpowers going into passives, he can easily be countered with nuking units and leaderpowers in my opinion.

Snippy can be a monster in the hands of a pro player. His Ghosts are fairly good and his honor guard is a annoying piece of $!%#^! Which can ruin your whole day :D
Yes Shippys honor guard can be a pain and his base damage is almost equivalent to and locust if not more. I love sending him around to mini bases to take them out, hell even a T1 base he ll take out in seconds and if he's a level 1 man that's some fun times right there. For people who like to all units extract him back to base when a full pop army rolls up to take him out while your army wipes out their base.
Ou, I love tier lists. Here's my take;

SS - Arby
S - Cutter, Anders, Kinsano
A - Jerome, Isabel, Forge
B - Yap, Decimus, Serina, Vord, Pav
C - Atriox, Shipmaster
D - Johnson, Colony

Fun facts:

-a large factor in this list is UNSC > Banished
-Cutter, Anders, and Isabel have among the best heros in the game. Kinsano's hero is also very, very strong
-Kinsano has some of the best base stripping tools in the game
-Atriox would be D Tier if it weren't for his Jump Brutes
-Johnson isn't a bad leader, he just really struggles in early-mid game and can be walked on
-Colony also isn't a bad leader, but just doesn't really shine anywhere
My opinion:
1. Arbiter
2. Cutter
3. Anders
4. Kinsano
5. Forge
6. Isabel
7. Jerome
8. YapYap
9. Decimus
10. Serina
11. Voridus
12. Colony
13. Pavium
14. Johnson
15. Atriox
16. Shipmaster

Arbiter, even without Phantoms, is still too good. Enforcers don't die to scouts, he has access to the best scout in the game (Ghosts), and his hero is one of the best in the game. Add CoR on top of this, and he's OP. As for Cutter, infantry is very strong right now, and he has the best infantry. Combat Tech Marines pretty much beat everything. Anders is right behind him because she can buff up her infantry so quickly, even if they aren't as fast.
My opinion:
1. Arbiter
2. Cutter
3. Anders
4. Kinsano
5. Forge
6. Isabel
7. Jerome
8. YapYap
9. Decimus
10. Serina
11. Voridus
12. Colony
13. Pavium
14. Johnson
15. Atriox
16. Shipmaster

Arbiter, even without Phantoms, is still too good. Enforcers don't die to scouts, he has access to the best scout in the game (Ghosts), and his hero is one of the best in the game. Add CoR on top of this, and he's OP. As for Cutter, infantry is very strong right now, and he has the best infantry. Combat Tech Marines pretty much beat everything. Anders is right behind him because she can buff up her infantry so quickly, even if they aren't as fast.
Our lists are almost the same :')

SS - Arby
C - Atriox, Shipmaster
D - Johnson, Colony

Fun facts:

-Cutter, Anders, and Isabel have among the best heros in the game. Kinsano's hero is also very, very strong
-Johnson isn't a bad leader, he just really struggles in early-mid game and can be walked on
Cutter, Anders and Isabel have the best heroes in the game must be a typo, maybe leader powers definitely not heroes.
Colony shines in early rushes, especially now with the skitter buff that means Goliath's got better as well if skitters are attached to them.
LUCIANHEAT wrote:

SS - Arby
C - Atriox, Shipmaster
D - Johnson, Colony

Fun facts:

Cutter, Anders and Isabel have the best heroes in the game must be a typo, maybe leader powers definitely not heroes.
Colony shines in early rushes, especially now with the skitter buff that means Goliath's got better as well if skitters are attached to them.
No, not a typo. Allow me to explain.

-Spartans don't die. If you're Banished, good luck killing a Spartan, seriously
-Spartan stuns win games and allow for amazing LP combos
-Excluding Jerome, Spartans have amazing DPS; capable of fighting small armies

The only hero that is better would be the The Arbiter, and arguably Kinsano (situational).

As for Colony, his early game is easy to shut down, especially as UNSC, and is very expensive. His mid game is weak and his late game is okay. He's just not that great.
Ok noted I might be a little biased I hardly play UNSC lol except for Isabel but I agree with you now. That's why I love Shippys ghosts as an opener, I would ram your hero down with ghost shields. As for leader heroes, Pavium is a beast his upgraded Y ability will completely stop an army dead in their tracks and by stop i literally mean stop or slow down plus his heal is amazing. Axtriox has probably one of the best heroes but lets be honest who plays Atriox anyways. Arby is a beast and Colony is good, was better before they nerfed him.
LUCIANHEAT wrote:

SS - Arby
C - Atriox, Shipmaster
D - Johnson, Colony

Fun facts:

Cutters hero is one of the worst at the moment. Less dmg than all other Spartan, no splash , slow fire, close range and needs 5 shots to kill a marine Squad. Even vs vehicle and air he is at least decent. Douglas is the best Spartan dmg wise for the moment .
I main Anders super hard, even after the patch. Although i do find it funny that i never EVER see Johnson online ever.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2