Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

who else bought the ultimate edition for HW DE?

OP Irate Templar

... just annoyed with lack of communication from 343... bought this preorder specifically for HW DE cause i loved the original. now im like a lot still waiting for some code that may never come, with little to no information for 343 with there plans for contiuning to release these codes to there customers.

i understand that they stated it would take 7-10 days starting from dec 20, 2016 no matter your purchase date... just feel robbed not being able to play when some lucky individuals are...
I'm the same! I was going to wait to see if a physical release was going to be announced with some sort of statue like previous special editions of Halo games. But because there was early access to HW DE I snapped it up straight away. Granted we'll still hopefully get it a couple of months earlier than release anyway but it's annoying when you hear of people pre ordering after yourself, but getting it before yourself.

It was a completely pointless way of releasing the game. Allow everyone to get the campaign side, and slowly open up the servers across the continents. For all the good things I love about 343, and trust me there's a lot, they always manage to make the biggest mess ups of the smallest things from time to time. It's as if they're trying too hard to break the mould.
yea, i just wanted to replay the campaign but not much point on the old verison as i already have 100% unlocked cheevos... so literally just waiting for that lol
I got the game for the DE. But i dont feel its right to complain till the 10th day has passed. Not fair they warn you about this wait so you don't complain but you complain anyways
I got the game for the DE. But i dont feel its right to complain till the 10th day has passed. Not fair they warn you about this wait so you don't complain but you complain anyways
Ok won't complain again
I, cause i never played
I got it because for 20$ extra I got another game and all the DLC for both games, something that on its own would cost an extra 50 and remember that they said early access not full game, at least it has private matches, a lot of early access don't even start with that. (also I think he alluded to it Ill put the quote below.)
Quote:
In addition to the great campaign and multiplayer modes fans will remember, Halo Wars: Definitive Edition also features a new multiplayer session browser in place of the legacy matchmaking system. This allows players to create and join their favorite multiplayer, skirmish, or co-op campaign games quickly and easily on their preferred platform.
Spoiler:
Show
This hurts, first MCC and now this. Why wouldn't this be instantaneous. I know we can do better than this. I love this franchise and especially HW, but I'm dying here.