Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Who is the best late game leader?

OP CarsandCameras

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So, we've got a lot of late game-centric leaders in this game. At this point it's getting hard to keep them straight. I don't know who the best is but if I had to guess I'd say Pavium, since Rain of Fire III can clean a base to it's bones and burnout gives him a tech time to match even Forge. But there are others that are quite good as well. This is my (very uneducated) list:

1. Pavium
2. Shipmaster
3. Johnson
4. Serina
5. Atriox
6. Isabel

I know Anders and Colony are also kind of considered late game, but I don't think that's really how most people play them.
Throw Voridus up there past Johnson. Once he gets all his leader powers it's a mess.
Throw Voridus up there past Johnson. Once he gets all his leader powers it's a mess.
is cutter the only early game one?
Once the patch goes through there might be some adjustments to that list. Lets pray really hard for it to come this week! I might have to throw the disc outside as far as I could!
Forge has an interesting late game that could prove extremely difficult to stop. Army of grizzlies with nights, with any necessary units.(cyclops, snipers or wolves). You have the level 3 vehicle upgrade and you use the the heavy metal level three leader power just before someone drops their leader powers on you. They are so tough that leader powers barely touch them as they destroy an enemy base and laughing at the 4 siege turrets.
Johnson doesn't belong anywhere on that list. He's missing too much in his kit to be considered the biggest threat in the field late game.

It may depend on your definition of late game but mine is, more or less, having access to all your abilities and having multiple established bases.

I know there are other points in the game that may be considered "late" but for the purposes of this discussion that's my definition.
I'm not saying Johnson is bad, but he has no unit drops, and one of his ultimates is a passive that offers him no benefit in a direct engagement and is even useless if every base on the map is already built on.

Isabel should be higher on the list, certainly better than Johnson. Shipmaster is good but his two ultimates offer him little. The rest of the folks on there are fine.

Just my 2 cents. I'm not going to make a long list about a particular order I just think Johnson lags behind the rest in there.
I would push Ship and Atriox to the top (not considering the two new leaders).
Johnson might beat every UNSC late game, but, for mobility reasons, might lose out to most Banished.
So, we've got a lot of late game-centric leaders in this game. At this point it's getting hard to keep them straight. I don't know who the best is but if I had to guess I'd say Pavium, since Rain of Fire III can clean a base to it's bones and burnout gives him a tech time to match even Forge. But there are others that are quite good as well. This is my (very uneducated) list:

1. Pavium
2. Shipmaster
3. Johnson
4. Serina
5. Atriox
6. Isabel

I know Anders and Colony are also kind of considered late game, but I don't think that's really how most people play them.
Kinsano
Kinsano is extremely strong with her RL2 and unit drops and offensive powers. Had a 2h long as shipy against her and i couldnt break her turtle in any way.
I'd put Arbiter in the discussion, constant access to COR is scary.
I'd put Arbiter in the discussion, constant access to COR is scary.
Those Phantoms, though.
Once the patch goes through there might be some adjustments to that list. Lets pray really hard for it to come this week! I might have to throw the disc outside as far as I could!
Balance update dropped, rejoice my Unggoy friend!
Decimus by far late game. His units are literally stronger and heal themselves. His Passives and actives are amazing in any engagement (try siphon 3) with stun from vortex. Then when 10 pop dies you drop in a nuke that red bars everything. Not even a competition.
Probably Pavium. The mines, level 3 rain of fire, mega turrets, and unlimited cash from burn out.
Johnson might beat every UNSC late game, but, for mobility reasons, might lose out to most Banished.
Johnson's pretty mobile, the cooldown on Pelican transport is sick.
That's true. One of my favorite LPs.
How many units can it transport at one time? as many as you fit in the circle?
Condor 57 wrote:
How many units can it transport at one time? as many as you fit in the circle?
I think as many as will fit.
I main Cutter, and he has a terrible late game. He has no economy buffs, no unit replacements (combat salvage), and his final leader power is only helpful in certain situations, and is pretty easy to dodge or defeat. If I don't beat someone in 10 minutes and they know what they are doing, I have a hard time closing the game out. He has a hard time cracking bases late game. Other UNSC leaders with combat salvage or other economic bonuses have a much easier time late game. I can only speak to UNSC since those are the only ones I have any experience with. Maybe my late game is just terrible, but Cutter seems at a disadvantage to almost every other leader late game.
DA Cleric wrote:
I main Cutter, and he has a terrible late game. He has no economy buffs, no unit replacements (combat salvage), and his final leader power is only helpful in certain situations, and is pretty easy to dodge or defeat. If I don't beat someone in 10 minutes and they know what they are doing, I have a hard time closing the game out. He has a hard time cracking bases late game. Other UNSC leaders with combat salvage or other economic bonuses have a much easier time late game. I can only speak to UNSC since those are the only ones I have any experience with. Maybe my late game is just terrible, but Cutter seems at a disadvantage to almost every other leader late game.
I know he is bad for late game but is he the only one though.

edit: that's why early game is everything for cutter , to at least give in a hug head start when it comes to late game
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2