Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Who is the best late game leader?

OP CarsandCameras

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Anders can do kinda decent late game, but she's not the best. Also, Forge late game strong?
Decimus by far late game. His units are literally stronger and heal themselves. His Passives and actives are amazing in any engagement (try siphon 3) with stun from vortex. Then when 10 pop dies you drop in a nuke that red bars everything. Not even a competition.
I'm a Decimus main and I 100% Disagree.
Yes he makes his army stronger but he can't beat a forge with Combat Salvage and Double Acc.
Decimus's Boundless Fury is a small and very minor buff but can still make a tiny difference.
His effects are all on his army, only has 2 Damage dealing LP's which don't do a whole lot compares to RoF or MAC Now.
Siphon isn't going to out heal an Eradication or a Cataclysm Maelstrom.
I think decimus is the best late game with all the healing buffs and power buffs. It took three army's to kill my war Lord and decimus himself lol. He is so oped.
I wish Johnson would be better given his defensive theme, but having mostly passive powers and buffs that don't improve damage, with EMP MAC being the sole exception, makes it hard against late-game offensive powers.

Digging In Deep could be given a 30-40% reduction on all structure/upgrade times, and possibly all leader power cooldowns. Having free structures isn't much use if the base gets destroyed before your first turret gets built. It'll make late-game base trades more likely to benefit Johnson, since his bases will be built to a more productive and defensible state faster. Since most of his powers are passive, being able to use the fewer direct ones more often can help compensate for having less available.

Mech overcharge could also be given a damage buff, since it's most often used as either a bail out card for losing battles, or clearing stragglers after winning them. 15/25% for points 1 and 2 should be enough to deal with units slightly more powerful for a short while.

If they aren't already, bunker's health/shields, and the damage output of units garrisoned in them, should be increased when researching fortifaction upgrades. They're good against early game armies at base stats, but late game, even fully upgraded bunkers are much less effective at providing meaningful defense. Having attack/defense upgrades applied will keep them relevant at every tech tier.

Bunkers cannot currently be healed with marines when they have combat repair researched. I haven't checked yet, but they should also be allowed to heal outside units with combat repair, similar to Mastodons. This QoL fix will allow bunkers to be as easy to maintain as any other structure or vehicle.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2