Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

who liked halo wars 2

OP Rougespartan116

i just got halo wars 2 and i have been enjoying it so far as a fan of halo wars 1 i always wanted a sequel to my favorite strategy game it is a lot harder than halo wars 1 so i have to step up my game i just want to know who enjoyed halo wars 2.
i just got halo wars 2 and i have been enjoying it so far as a fan of halo wars 1 i always wanted a sequel to my favorite strategy game it is a lot harder than halo wars 1 so i have to step up my game i just want to know who enjoyed halo wars 2.
I like soo much the Campaign and the Artsyle want to se on Infinite!
No real complaints from me. The art style was great, and the introduction of the Banished was so cool. Atriox's opening cut scene was incredibly well done with him crushing the helmet. My only real complaint is that it ended on a cliff hanger. However, unlike H5, I feel that HW2 earned it's cliff hanger.
I though it was great. The art style and music were really refreshing and reminded me of the older Halo’s. By far my favorite Halo spin-off game.
meeeeee!
I do, but the game keeps crashing after like 8 minutes on PC (Ultawide user 2560x1080) and I don't think a reinstall fixed it. I think it's better than the original honestly, it feels much more engaging, rather than the previous one.
Though they completely destroyed atriox presence and threat.
I honestly loved Halo Wars 2 and find it to be much more enjoyable than the first game (I'm on the fence about how I feel about Halo Wars 1. Not that it was terrible, but I just can't find the replayability others can with it.). The first game was rather slow (literally) with how you could build units, Halo Wars 2 is much better about deployment time. Plus the artstyle is amazing! I love everything about it from the in game graphics to the breathtaking cinematics.

The only thing I can't say I like is some of the Brute voices (ex: the first Brute you hear in game in Awakening the Nightmare). They sound kinda bad to me, but that's about my only complaint with the game (other than the constant use of Leader Powers the AI use on Legendary).
I have played for hours when Halo wars 2 launched and that was the best game for the ultimate game designs that we could expect in Halo Infinite.
Loved it!

The music, art design, atmosphere, it was perfect for a side-series. It wouldn't have felt right if the plot had been made into Halo 6, or something. It's different from normal Halo style, but not so much that it isn't appropriate for the franchise. I was also glad to see the return of the Brutes - although the modeling (like the head model) was a bit off, the general aesthetic/weaponry was perfect for a Brute-led faction. Also, outside of the blitz packs, I felt that this was a rare case where the monetized DLC was truly worth it. Each piece of content you could pay for (again, minus the crummy blitz packs lol) had a real bang for the buck. Every time I grabbed a new leader DLC it put a fresh take on how I played the game.

I hadn't had the privilege to play Halo Wars 1 when it came out, but I'd been waiting for a sequel for years, especially after HW: DE was released. HW2 certainly earned it's keep, IMHO.

Possibly the best thing I can say about it is this; Halo Wars 2 has been added to my perennial games list. That's the list of games that I know I'm going to keep and play again and again every so often for years, and it's a small list of under a dozen games (out of the hundreds I've ever owned, most games I've eventually sold or just gotten rid of). There are only a couple Halo games on that list, too.
I enjoyed it very much. A break from the FPS games. Also enjoyed fireteam raven and the spartan assault and spartan strike series.
I enjoyed it very much. A break from the FPS games. Also enjoyed fireteam raven and the spartan assault and spartan strike series.
is better than the first Halo Wars
I love the game. Almost been released for 3 years and I still enjoy it. Just recently got back into it after not playing much for a year or so (mainly because the crew I played with quit playing and I like team more than solo) but a month or so I jumped back in and can’t believe I quit playing it for so long.