Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Who wants a holiday Xbox Arena tournament?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I'm sorry breezy. But I think your thinking about this the wrong way. If this truly is going to be are only real OFFICIAL tournament then it should be 1v1. 2s and 3s can be saved for fun and unnoficial tournaments. But give this tourny the respect it deserves and make it a 1v1. Now I'm not very good but ied still participate if possible but ied much rather be able to watch the best players in the world fight it out in 1s and get to see some bomb gameplay.
Hi! If u want high level games do a 1v1 Tournement. It is the best option u can open it for 32 people. They are not many teams to play 3v3.
Hi! If u want high level games do a 1v1 Tournement. It is the best option u can open it for 32 people. They are not many teams to play 3v3.
Yes^^
If prizes ever get involved, you will need to address the smurf issue. You guys might as well test out how to deal with it in this tournament. Honestly there has to be someone that 343 can contact in the xbox live team that would know what accounts share gold and only allow one account in the tournament per gold subscription. This would remove most of the smurfs
1v1 with double elimination
Double elim should be in arena but yeah do this
  • 1v1 should be 32 players or 64players single or double elimination
ske7ch wrote:
thanks for the feedback!
Unfortunately there's not a lot we can do with the Xbox Arena system to prevent certain leaders or enforce 'no smurfs.'
At this point I'm pretty sure the Colony issue will be addressed and some minor additional balance adjustments will be implemented before we kick off a tournament. But, I hear you (and many others) - I think the tournament timing is TBD pending those fixes - I don't think we should have a larger tournament w/ actual prizes until we've addressed those problems.
My only concern with a 3v3 is I assume the system requires each team to form on their own and register together - which I think could be tough for a lot of folks. That said, I'm honestly not totally sure how a team tournament works w/ Arena so it's definitely worth checking into. Also I know the game is much, much more stable than it was months ago but the more players in a match, the greater the risk of disconnects or desyncs (which we'd have no way to account for w/ an Arena tournament).
I understand that moderating in Arena is hard, maybe we'll just have to run with the honor code lol.

As for 3v3s I know that the community itself has run a couple 3v3 tournaments on Arena and they've gone pretty well. Few dysncs and as long as the teams are organized everyone shows up on time and it works smoothly. You have a point with disconnects though, we'd probably have to watch to see how stable the community run 3v3s tournaments continue to be.

Additionally I'd like to question how competitive we want this tournament to be. If we're offering prizes to the winners and it's a 1s tournament I can like of 5-10 people that would probably win every game until they matched up against each other, and I don't think that would be as fun for the casual crowd. If we want it to be a more casual tournament with prizes for entering or just randomly generated prizes then we could have a 1s tournament where less skilled (or just more casual players) feel like they could have fun and still have a chance at getting free stuff.
i understand where you are going but free stuff for a loser also takes out the real reward for winning and everyone being a winner has killed so many others games that it will most definitely not work in RTS.
It would be nice if the prize was a xbox one x, just sayin'
ske7ch wrote:
thanks for the feedback!
Unfortunately there's not a lot we can do with the Xbox Arena system to prevent certain leaders or enforce 'no smurfs.'
At this point I'm pretty sure the Colony issue will be addressed and some minor additional balance adjustments will be implemented before we kick off a tournament. But, I hear you (and many others) - I think the tournament timing is TBD pending those fixes - I don't think we should have a larger tournament w/ actual prizes until we've addressed those problems.
My only concern with a 3v3 is I assume the system requires each team to form on their own and register together - which I think could be tough for a lot of folks. That said, I'm honestly not totally sure how a team tournament works w/ Arena so it's definitely worth checking into. Also I know the game is much, much more stable than it was months ago but the more players in a match, the greater the risk of disconnects or desyncs (which we'd have no way to account for w/ an Arena tournament).
I understand that moderating in Arena is hard, maybe we'll just have to run with the honor code lol.

As for 3v3s I know that the community itself has run a couple 3v3 tournaments on Arena and they've gone pretty well. Few dysncs and as long as the teams are organized everyone shows up on time and it works smoothly. You have a point with disconnects though, we'd probably have to watch to see how stable the community run 3v3s tournaments continue to be.

Additionally I'd like to question how competitive we want this tournament to be. If we're offering prizes to the winners and it's a 1s tournament I can like of 5-10 people that would probably win every game until they matched up against each other, and I don't think that would be as fun for the casual crowd. If we want it to be a more casual tournament with prizes for entering or just randomly generated prizes then we could have a 1s tournament where less skilled (or just more casual players) feel like they could have fun and still have a chance at getting free stuff.
i understand where you are going but free stuff for a loser also takes out the real reward for winning and everyone being a winner has killed so many others games that it will most definitely not work in RTS.
Hence why I was asking if we wanted a more competitive tournament or a comment focused one.

They are very different and are accomplished differently
1v1 mannnnn... I want names... I want to know high level players. Not name teams nobody knows. Come on! Give me some Yoda RTS, Metaloid, Macpac, Hechicero, Jeddy, Nick, Slick, Nakamura...!!!!!
Any word on how we would handle disconnects in the tournament? Happens way to often
BlinxESP wrote:
Nick, Slick
No offense but these names don't belong with the rest lol
BlinxESP wrote:
Nick, Slick
The burn is strong with this one
BlinxESP wrote:
Nick, Slick
Dunno man, dunno... You never know. I am gonna just say: I believe.
This guy will win. #1🏆 High level player. 👌
Holiday?
Oh you mean Christmas, yeah I'd be up for that.
1's
Sounds awesome I would prefer 1v1 so more people would participate making it a more even playing field.(I'm pretty bad)
ske7ch wrote:
As one who participated I must say that they tournament was pretty fun, but not without issues.
  1. OP leaders were used. Nothing is wrong with using one stronger leader than another, but with Pavium and Voridus being ridiculously overpowered it made it a poor match if you were against one of those leaders. My suggestion would be to have the community take votes on which leaders (if any) should be banned until they are more balanced. The community tends to have a better feel for these things.
  2. It was full of smurf accounts. Because of this people could rig matches by having multiple chances to advance and win. We need to make sure that there is only one account per person.
Now, just as a suggestion having it be a best of three would be fun.

Additionally, I would vote for a 3v3 tournament, that way even more people could participate than a 1s tournament.

Edit: Also, I think having it close to Christmas would be good, that way most people would be free. Or even perhaps before New Years Eve.
thanks for the feedback!
Can we get a cash prize? I'm trying to get the Xbone X
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4