Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Why am I Playing #1 Champion Players? Platinum Ply

OP OneToughCat

My highest ranking is Diamond 2, and right now we are playing 2v2 War Death match as a platinum level players. Every time we win a match or two we are then paired against Champion players. This makes no sense at all! Each night we play HW2, we end up playing mostly champion and Onyx players! I won most of my 10 placement matches but then ended up getting a gold rank. Then as a gold and or platinum player we have to compete against mostly Champion and Onyx players. As I stated, this makes no sense at all! If you go look right now you will see that we just played TWO #1 Champion players, even though we are right now ranked on the platinum level.
My highest ranking is Diamond 2, and right now we are playing 2v2 War Death match as a platinum level players. Every time we win a match or two we are then paired against Champion players. This makes no sense at all! Each night we play HW2, we end up playing mostly champion and Onyx players! I won most of my 10 placement matches but then ended up getting a gold rank. Then as a gold and or platinum player we have to compete against mostly Champion and Onyx players. As I stated, this makes no sense at all! If you go look right now you will see that we just played TWO #1 Champion players, even though we are right now ranked on the platinum level.
Game links you up vs players currently searching over players with similiar skill. To improve match times. And ranks 1 doesnt mean much anymore, for what its worth they all boost. Hell i even placed rank 1 this season, got it on my record and called it a day lol.
With the introduction of the 2v2 cross playlist, everybody started with a fresh MMR rank of 0 again.
You'll find that right now, even very skilled players have a quite small MMR of < 2 even though they had a MMR > 4 in the old 2v2 XBox playlist.
I agree that it is super annoying at the moment, but the matchmaking will remain terrible in the 2v2 cross playlist until the better players reach the higher MMR ranks again.

(Even very active players like IvI Heartless, who is currently #1 in 2v2, has a MMR of only 3.7 instead of 5)
Only 3 people champion in 2v2x. They gotta play someone. 100/1 60/0 😳