Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Why'd Halo Wars 2 End On a Cliffhanger???

OP TRITONK175

I'm assuming it wasn't because of time restrictions, so how come Halo Wars 2's campaign just stops???
Halo Infinite or some future novel may answer that question.
I imagine the ending is going to tie into Halo: Infinite. Maybe we'll even get the Banished as the new Covenant and the Prometheans can take a major back seat.
Well to me it all ties into halo 5 and Cortana . Let’s see what halo infinite is all about .
Probably the same reason Halo 2 ended on a cliffhanger. That’s my guess.
Do we know about any time restrictions?
My theory is that it was going to go directly into the promethean DLC they axed in favor of ATN. With that gone I really doubt that Anders will show up in Infinite which is a real shame.
My theory is that it was going to go directly into the promethean DLC they axed in favor of ATN. With that gone I really doubt that Anders will show up in Infinite which is a real shame.
PROMETHEAN DLC!?!?!? THAT WOULD'VE BEEN AMAZING!!! 😱😱😱
TRITONK175 wrote:
Better than flood DLC tho??
TRITONK175 wrote:
Never, Flood is supreme and much more interesting.
TRITONK175 wrote:
Never, Flood is supreme and much more interesting.
I'll take both please. 😇😇😇
TRITONK175 wrote:
I'm assuming it wasn't because of time restrictions, so how come Halo Wars 2's campaign just stops???
I know well Halo games since my childhood to know they will probably leave Halo Wars ending, Atriox angry to take control back, Anders in the ring, Cutter devastated by his lost, Isabel taking control of the Spirit of Fire, Jerome as a new commander, Voridus and Pavium with their crazy little cute pack brothers adventures, and so on for the Halo Wars universe while creating new characters for Halo Infinite. Still 10% probabilities they will mention it, maybe in some log in a lost data memory card deep in some dark area of the world. That is all the link you will see from Halo Wars 2 ending and the next FPS game.

Which I feel it is good to keep both "sagas" have their own characters, tones and plays in the Halo Universe. I just pray everyday (not everyday but every week or month) to get news for Halo Wars. A new expansion, a new dlc, a new something... Give me something 343i and CA!!!! I need my doses of Halo Wars hype methane drug!
Probably because after that first contact, there's just little and large skirmishes between the Spirit and Banished forces, like Spearbreaker. You could consider the UNSC vs Banished Skirmishes games you play as those battles.
same reason any game ends on a cliff hanger, to get you want to buy the next game because now you're into the story and need to see how it ends. cliff hangers tend to make that feeling more intense. except halo 5's which was just underwhelming.