Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Why do enemy AI's benefit from skulls?

OP SgtTwerkHerd

If you're in a skirmish between AI's I noticed that some skulls provide the same benefit to NPC's when they should only benefit human players
skulls that give an advantage to enemy NPC's: Shadow and After Party (haven't attempted with other skulls)

so if these skulls give enemy NPC's an advantage why does my final score decrease?
was this a mistake on the programmers part?
If you're in a skirmish between AI's I noticed that some skulls provide the same benefit to NPC's when they should only benefit human players
skulls that give an advantage to enemy NPC's: Shadow and After Party (haven't attempted with other skulls)

so if these skulls give enemy NPC's an advantage why does my final score decrease?
was this a mistake on the programmers part?
All skulls effect everyone in skirmish, making them pointless.

I think it was development oversight.
its what skulls do in halo... some for you, some for ai and some for both. you still profit a lot from the 'both' cheats/skulls and thats why you get a negative x-factor.
its what skulls do in halo... some for you, some for ai and some for both. you still profit a lot from the 'both' cheats/skulls and thats why you get a negative x-factor.
Not in Halo Wars 1 and not according to the skull's descriptions in Halo Wars 2. Skulls like "Sugar Cookies" should only affect the player.
Not in Halo Wars 1 and not according to the skull's descriptions in Halo Wars 2. Skulls like "Sugar Cookies" should only affect the player.
Why? It says ALL player units and the ai is also a player.
Based on the difficulty and your strategy can it be a new challange or a easy rush.... and thats the only reason why halo has skulls/cheats.

And the descriptions are mainly the same as in halo wars 1, and it affects also the ai player:
Sickness -
  • Effect: All player units have 50% fewer hit points, final score will increase.
Catch -
  • Effect: All player units' abilities recharge in half the time, final score will decrease
Sugar Cookies -
  • Effect: All player units have 50% more hitpoints, final score will decrease.
Pain Train -
  • Effect: All player units train 50% faster, final score will decrease.
Emperor -
  • Effect: All player powers recharge in half the time, final score will decrease.
Why
...Because it's a "cheat" skull that reduces overall score and the description states, "All player units have 50% more hit points". Conversely a skull meant to make the game more difficult and increases the overall score states, "All player units have 50% fewer hit points".

Additionally, in Halo Wars 1 there were skulls with descriptions such as, "Non-player units do 50% more damage. Final score will increase".

It's how the skulls have always been in Halo...

Edit based on your edit: Actually the AI are not players, rather they are labeled as a non-player, NPC or AI.
Why
...Because it's a "cheat" skull that reduces overall score and the description states, "All player units have 50% more hit points". Conversely a skull meant to make the game more difficult and increases the overall score states, "All player units have 50% fewer hit points".

Additionally, in Halo Wars 1 there were skulls with descriptions such as, "Non-player units do 50% more damage. Final score will increase".

It's how the skulls have always been in Halo...
check the rest above..... it has submitted to early -.-
Check above as well: Actually the AI are not players, rather they are labeled as a non-player, NPC or AI.The rest still stands.
DemonzBlade is correct. In the first Halo Wars, AI were categorized as "non-player". That's why skulls that affect "players" didn't affect AI.

It makes no sense for current Skulls to affect AI in skirmish matches, as they are meant to be used as handicaps.
but that's the thing there are no skulls that are "for me"

but it's not like I care I can handle a 3v3 against 3 anders on legendary without skulls anyway
Even after the last patch the skulls still don't work as intended. I've tried pestilence and saw that it affected the AI as well.
The skulls in the halo games are meant to be a cheat, that’s why your score decreases. If the skulls affect the AI too then it’s just like a normal game except battles and enemy encounters will take longer. It makes no sense for your score to decrease if it affects the AI too as they are getting the same buff as you so therefore is makes no difference to the actual game.
Never thought about it and while I think bots should get skull bonuses you have a point about how you shouldn't have points removed.