Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Why don't more people pick Voridus?

OP Lord Mojo Man

Recently picked Voridius as my main and I could not be more pleased with the results. With the infusion gel he is able to kill armies two or three times the size of his own army. I feel like the advantage is especially apparent in the early game.

Anyone who used to play Voridus have any ideas why fewer people seem to play him? Maybe I'm just not seeing these Voridus players. I mostly play 3v3 and 2v2. But I imagine his gel is most helpful in 3v3s.
He is hard to play, and for his leader powers to be good they need a lot of set up.
His kit relies too much on infusion and being offensive. In large team setups like 3s it’s difficult to remain offensive if your team isn’t reciprocating. You’ll find yourself on the losing end if you’re not on a well-coordinated team.

That being said, I really enjoy Vori and have been practicing with him for a week or two.
His kit relies too much on infusion and being offensive. In large team setups like 3s it’s difficult to remain offensive if your team isn’t reciprocating. You’ll find yourself on the losing end if you’re not on a well-coordinated team.

That being said, I really enjoy Vori and have been practicing with him for a week or two.
This makes sense. I play him 3s, with allies Kinsano and Colony. I'm talking to them the whole time. They're able to focus the bases while I handle most of the infantry with choppers and engineers (and tons of infusion gel). This was a helpful answer thanks!