Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Why is Halo Wars 2 so difficult??

OP Spartan GuardX

Maybe I'm just bad at RTS games - but why does it seem like Halo Wars 2 is so damn impossible to beat??? I could barely get through the missions to where I am now on the level "The Halo" and I'm stuck on that level. I do not get why normal feels like heroic. And heroic felt like legendary. I hate the nearly insurmountable primary objects each mission gives you. I started the game on heroic but quickly found that I was getting destroyed, so bumped it down to normal. And even on normal I can't get through it. I feel like the odds are just highly stacked against you in this game....
Its a matter of practice, and anyone can be decent in halo wars 2. If you want a difficult RTS and try Starcraft 2. Dont get me wrong I love Halo Wars 2 but its not difficult. Just asking but what system do you play on?
Like above, I would suggest to practice more, try different things and then, if you really cannot get through, you can look up on some guides. That's what I do anyway.
Before HW2, I pretty much never played an RTS. So the way I approached this was to do it on easy, and familiarize myself with the game first. I originally started on normal but ultimately decided to fallback on easy. Then I completed normal and now I am on heroic. I will eventually do it on legendary.

For heroic, so far everything went good for me but I met my first trouble on The Archive. I am overwhelmed by all those Flood infection forms, I guess I need to figure something out. If I can't, I will look up some guides.
One of the things I noticed most in terms of difficulty is just how many of the missions are timed, wave-based defense or have other forms of pressure like control points. Not helped by the fact that I'm a bit of a perfectionist and always try to finish every bonus objective while trying to keep all my units alive.
The game wants you to play aggressively, at least in terms of expanding to mini-bases and energy spikes quickly rather than turtling up in your base while building up a strong force (not that the earliest missions even give you much to build up to).
Maybe I'm just bad at RTS games - but why does it seem like Halo Wars 2 is so damn impossible to beat??? I could barely get through the missions to where I am now on the level "The Halo" and I'm stuck on that level. I do not get why normal feels like heroic. And heroic felt like legendary. I hate the nearly insurmountable primary objects each mission gives you. I started the game on heroic but quickly found that I was getting destroyed, so bumped it down to normal. And even on normal I can't get through it. I feel like the odds are just highly stacked against you in this game....
I didnt complete the campaign on legendary but i am onyx in 3v3 and even champieon (thanx to bad servers not anymore) and if you want we can complete it coop together including spearbraker and awaking nightmare dlcs, then we can go again and focus on some logs collection and others on normal difficulty