Why no Yap Yaps?

OP vHondaHooniganV

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
As the topic says.
Where are all the Yap Yap players?
I haven't bought him so I can't play him.
I really want to.
Pros and cons with this hero.
Summoning LargeGODZILLA
Summoning LargeGODZILLA
Summoning failed
Yap plays radically different than any other leader. Basically every leader is quite similar except him. They each have their quirks, but Yap is completely different.
He is cute, but after 30 minutes the voice can grind on me a little.
He's not so much of a destroyer if you don't know how to use him. Lately I've been seeing a resurgence of Base leaders.
I think Yappers is underrated. He is an excellent leader with a few weaknesses but huge strengths. His heavy grunts are straight up very strong, Methane wagons are the key, tier 2 has the locust plus wagons plays. He has a great tier 1 that doesn't have to stress about getting to tech 2 as quickly as possible. Once you learn how to manage his fodder and units in the game in general, Yapyap is a very powerful leader. Hit me up if you want to learn more.
Buy him soldier, hes alot of fun.
Been playing a lot of 2v2's as YapYap. How do you deal with a flame hog rush? I just can't seem to deal with it at all.
I think a good reason he is not be played is due to his very weak early game. In the previous patch (maybe 2) he has no answer for rushes and will almost lose to any rush because he does not have suicidal grunts. That and he is a odd leader to play as considering leader powers are concerned. He may still suffer from a weak early game in this patch but don't quote me as I have yet to face yap in recent days.
I think a good reason he is not be played is due to his very weak early game. In the previous patch (maybe 2) he has no answer for rushes and will almost lose to any rush because he does not have suicidal grunts. That and he is a odd leader to play as considering leader powers are concerned. He may still suffer from a weak early game in this patch but don't quote me as I have yet to face yap in recent days.
More the reason than that is the fact that yapyap is a high skill leader. By that i mean unlike most other leader(like forge) he requires a lot of skill to be played properly. Reason for that is you will have to micro heavily with his fodder and need to find work arounds to his lack of suis, believe me he is very capable of fending of rushes if you know how.
They buffed Methane wagon damage against rush units. He is a very good leader
Summoning LargeGODZILLA
Summoning failed
summon failed to join session.
Summoning LargeGODZILLA
I summon DeathRitual4977
Summoning LargeGODZILLA
Summoning failed
summon failed to join session.
mad spirit DEATH ANGEL1178 has appeared

sorry i just love DARK SOULS
More the reason than that is the fact that yapyap is a high skill leader. By that i mean unlike most other leader(like forge) he requires a lot of skill to be played properly. Reason for that is you will have to micro heavily with his fodder and need to find work arounds to his lack of suis, believe me he is very capable of fending of rushes if you know how.
Yapyap does have great answers for rushes, maybe not against the very best players but against 99% of players yap can do fine against rushes. He has an extremely strong early game, use the methane wagons and heavy grunts to crush almost anything in sight. Combine this with the little turret drops to turn the tide of a battle. He isn't that difficult to play with, as heavy grunts are a very powerful unit. If they build snipers, you can build choppers and micro the choppers to kill of the snipers in a fight or you can go to tech 2 and get vehicles/air. Methane wagons and heavy grunts fight off flame rushes just fine. You just have to be careful of spartans and try to engage in fights when it is time.
Yapyap does have great answers for rushes, maybe not against the very best players but against 99% of players yap can do fine against rushes. He has an extremely strong early game, use the methane wagons and heavy grunts to crush almost anything in sight. Combine this with the little turret drops to turn the tide of a battle. He isn't that difficult to play with, as heavy grunts are a very powerful unit. If they build snipers, you can build choppers and micro the choppers to kill of the snipers in a fight or you can go to tech 2 and get vehicles/air. Methane wagons and heavy grunts fight off flame rushes just fine. You just have to be careful of spartans and try to engage in fights when it is time.
How many methane wagons and heavy grunts would you say are enough for a rush? I've always liked him and would just spam fodder, heavy grunts and his heroes.
I'll try forgetting about his heroes and adding more methane wagons to the mix.
I love yapyap I just suck with him
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
How many methane wagons and heavy grunts would you say are enough for a rush? I've always liked him and would just spam fodder, heavy grunts and his heroes.
I'll try forgetting about his heroes and adding more methane wagons to the mix.
I wouldn't waste the energy and supplies on his heroes on tier 1 unless on very rare occasions. The number depends on what the other player is running. If he is running pure marines it's tricky because the marines can destroy the wagons pretty quick. Maybe 3 is a good number and you keep it slightly behind the heavy grunts to give them their buff to kill the marines fast. If they have mixed marines and flamers it's good to have 3 or 4 meth wagons in the face of the flamethrowers, it debuffs them quite a bit. You can also make sure a dying wagon dies close to the enemy, as the explosion does pretty good damage. If the enemy is going with a spartan combo, you want to avoid the earliest engagement with him and have at least 3 or 4 wagons as well with the y stun ability on the heavy grunts, When he tries to jack a wagon, spam y from the meth wagons and the heavy grunts and you should be able to kill him before he jacks a wagon. In the very beginning cannon fodder can help in the earliest engagements but as the match progresses you want to have a higher quality army. If the enemy is spamming a lot of flamers, I like making some engis to compliment my army. Being able to expand through expos and minis is key as you build units. I like to upgrade infantry and get the heavy grunt stun upgrade to give me an edge to really control the map. If the enemy builds to many snipers, I build choppers and micro them accordingly during a fight to help remove the snipers. The turret drop and mines also helps with the pesky snipers.
I love Yap Yap! Cannon fodder can overwhelm and neutralize strong hero units like Commander Jerome.

Please don't shoot me is a tactical godsend, makes it basically impossible for the enemy to sneak up on you and destroy your main.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2