Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Why was the point system changed from Halo wars 1

OP BigWinkyy69

So at the end of a game, you get 800 points to the next rank. I miss where you had points for killing units and bases. At the end of the game screen you can see the leader in that, and that goes towards your rank. I feel like it was a much more rewarding way to rank up. I remember me bragging to my buddy that I got General way before he did, for my consistently good play. Why was this changed? Would yall rather it go back to this.
I don't really think there was a concrete reason why it was changed. Perhaps just because they wanted progression to work differently.
so that everyone can be a winner
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
Lol if everyones a winner, no one is.
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
now your getting it!
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
I haven’t played HW1 but what jeddey is saying even if I’m bad I can make General it May take longer than a good player but eventually id make it. I’m not throwing shade or anything and I don’t mean it in a offensive way buy but I’ve ran across plenty of former generals from HW1 that would brag but as they played HW2 they were not what you would call general worthy.
its like saying if champ was based on who killed the most units and bases then the players who would be champ would be the ones who grind the most yet not the players who are actually the best that’s the way ranked should work.
but if you are talking about your lv rank as in lv 1-99 then idk but it is the same in a way you just don’t get it the same way.

so I’m short the system I think that your referring to is more so a system who rewards grinding over good play. Meaning everyone wins because even if your not the best player you will still get a high rank. Which me myself get disappointed when I have high lv ranks on my team who didn’t perform like their ranks but that’s just my humble opinion again not trying to offend anyone
Swerve LC wrote:
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
I haven’t played HW1 but what jeddey is saying even if I’m bad I can make General it May take longer than a good player but eventually id make it. I’m not throwing shade or anything and I don’t mean it in a offensive way buy but I’ve ran across plenty of former generals from HW1 that would brag but as they played HW2 they were not what you would call general worthy.
its like saying if champ was based on who killed the most units and bases then the players who would be champ would be the ones who grind the most yet not the players who are actually the best that’s the way ranked should work.
but if you are talking about your lv rank as in lv 1-99 then idk but it is the same in a way you just don’t get it the same way.

so I’m short the system I think that your referring to is more so a system who rewards grinding over good play. Meaning everyone wins because even if your not the best player you will still get a high rank. Which me myself get disappointed when I have high lv ranks on my team who didn’t perform like their ranks but that’s just my humble opinion again not trying to offend anyone
Halo wars 1 and 2 are completely different. I was great at 1 but Im terrible at 2. You get 800 XP for winning in HW2, and its a point system for HW1, they are both just grinding.
what matters in hw1 is TS and not the rank
TS is like bronze-champ (skill)
Rank like General is like rank 1-99 (playtime)
what matters in hw1 is TS and not the rank
TS is like bronze-champ (skill)
Rank like General is like rank 1-99 (playtime) until they took out trueskil for definitive edition ffs