Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Will there be a Halo Wars 3?

OP TanEugene94

Ever since Halo Wars came out, will there be a Halo Wars 3 in future Halo installments? What are your thoughts?
I hope so, Halo Wars usually sells enough to make a profit if they can budget it correctly.
I hope so, Halo Wars usually sells enough to make a profit if they can budget it correctly.
Hi, I need to ask about Halo Wars 3 again. If the third installment happened, where will it set in the Halo universe? Is there a possibility that Halo Wars 3 could be set during or after Halo Infinite? Very curious to hear your thoughts.
I highly doubt it, the entire 343 is focused on Infinite and Reach, they stopped supporting the game after 2 years so, I highly doubt they will make a 3rd one.
They had a couple of ideas set up for halo wars 3 but it all got scrapped and anything that was going to happen got cancelled. As of right now they have no plans to make a halo wars 3 & it doesn't seem like that's going to change anytime soon.
Hi, I need to ask about Halo Wars 3 again. If the third installment happened, where will it set in the Halo universe? Is there a possibility that Halo Wars 3 could be set during or after Halo Infinite? Very curious to hear your thoughts.
It would be set during Halo Infinite. At the ending of Halo Wars 2, Anderson is on the ring and it gets pulled out of hyperspace only to meet a guardian controlled by Cortona.
It'd be awesome and I'd try harder to learn more about Halo Wars and playing strategy games!
well you need to realize they can go any direction with it halo wars wasn't even ment to be a halo game so when it became one bungie never gave them any info on how halo 3 was gonna end and so on so it doesnt really matter it can slide into most of the unsc slots of lore
Ever since Halo Wars came out, will there be a Halo Wars 3 in future Halo installments? What are your thoughts?
This is something I really wish will happen. Maybe putting the story continuing halo infinite after that comes out. Maybe hw3 could continue the story. An interesting way to keep the story going.
I hope there is a third one, I would like to see the ability to expand bases a little more akin to starcraft though. Not completely the same way but it would change up the tactics of the game I think.
There is another possibility I can see it happened in the Halo Franchise. I would love to see 343 Industries planning to do a Halo animated series that is set after Halo Wars 2 and before Halo Infinite. There is a lot of stories they can tell in the Halo animated series. It will also be great to see both Ellen Anders and James Cutter coming back in the Halo animated series.
I hope Atriox will play an active role in HW3 as well!
Warcraft Thrall or cool
Well Atriox is doing bad things,
I don't know his ambition
I'd love a 3rd one. It's a great side series and given Microsoft is open with strategy games like this and Gears Tactics I think we will get a HW 3 at some point.
imagine if halo infinite came out with a warzone type battle royal that allowed a realistic halo wars gameplay. so basically you are in the frigate captain of the ship. other captins and frigs with you on your team. you deploy your marines and Spartans but the spartans are actually real players in your clan or just matched in matchmaking. you can order them around like usual by setting out of bounds limits but they make their own choices on the battlefield quick decisions to help capture power nodes and farm supplies and kill enemies. You should also be allowed to call in ai controlled tanks and banshees and warthogs that can be commandeered by your real player spartans at any time. throw in powers as usual and teleport into battle and captin your army with a preset quick command list built into your dpad on your controller but not be as in depth as when you teleport or take a pelican back to your ship and see the bigger battlefield picture from space. This would be the best type of halo wars i can imagine. like really just imagine being able to upgrade your ship. walk around it. say hell. im done being in space im hoping in an odst pod rn and dropping boys were about to win anyways. that would be awsome!!!
It would be set during Halo Infinite. At the ending of Halo Wars 2, Anderson is on the ring and it gets pulled out of hyperspace only to meet a guardian controlled by Cortona.
Just wanted to say that it's called Slipspace and not Hyperspace, but it would most likely take place during the time inbetween Halo Wars 2 and Infinite, I'd like it to show the battle between the UNSC, The Banished, and whatever other factions there are/were, during the battle of Zeta Halo, that happens before Infinite takes place, but this is only if they actually decide to make it
What I what to see is some space battles
Not sure how you imagine that'd work out in an RTS, outside of what Starcraft has done with orbital defense platforms. Which would either have to be connected with portals or giving everyone air transport options. Having only air units available would get boring fast.
I would also love to see some space battles, but you fight over a planet where you can drop ODSTs to start a base, and as you grow your base you have to as well look after you fleet up in the stars.
i would love to see a halo wars 3. I enjoyed both of them so far
I would also love to see some space battles, but you fight over a planet where you can drop ODSTs to start a base, and as you grow your base you have to as well look after you fleet up in the stars.
Ya and the odst you drop become you starting units to you aren’t defendless and however wins the space battle gets a boost like faster build time because there ship can sent more support like troops or resources