Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Will there be a Halo Wars 3

OP M3GA V3NOMS

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
If infinite sells well they will make a third one.
I mean, this game sold around 1.5 million copies based on wiki.
That's a profit between $60-120 million USD. They would be dumb not to, especially sales like that on an
RTS game. That's not even including DLC profit.
Probably will since the huge success of HW: 2.
PoopBoy1 wrote:
I really hope so, but considering how much smaller and less successive the Halo Wars series is, it's highly unlikely. If we do get a HW3 it'll probably be really far out in the future.
All of halo side projects are small tbh
tbh honest love halo wars 2 But i want more they left it hanging
I enjoy both Halo Wars 1 and Halo Wars 2 and was wondering if there will be a third instalment to the game series. Personally I think if there is going to be another game its coming either next generation or in the year 2020/2021.

Would people like to have a third game?
I think all halo wars fans want a 3rd game. And I believe the ending basically told us there would be one. Definitely next gen like you said though.
no
u really had to do it to em :(
CUBEBOX7 wrote:
I'd love for there to be a third one!
Though I personally think they could do something more, like finally letting us play as the Flood! :D
Imagine a Spore like mechanic where you evolve, first controlling your individual flood monster, then evolving into a more local real time strategy (like XCOM) and then finally into a classic Halo Wars like big scale RTS.
I'd love that. :)
I don't know if they would go as micro level as letting you evolve up from a single spore, but I completely agree that the Flood being a playable faction is definitely the direction they would most likely go in a Halo Wars 3. I think a playable Forerunner/Sentinel faction would be amazing as well, but balancing four distinct playable factions might be asking for too much, lol.
CUBEBOX7 wrote:
I'd love for there to be a third one!
Though I personally think they could do something more, like finally letting us play as the Flood! :D
Imagine a Spore like mechanic where you evolve, first controlling your individual flood monster, then evolving into a more local real time strategy (like XCOM) and then finally into a classic Halo Wars like big scale RTS.
I'd love that. :)
I don't know if they would go as micro level as letting you evolve up from a single spore, but I completely agree that the Flood being a playable faction is definitely the direction they would most likely go in a Halo Wars 3. I think a playable Forerunner/Sentinel faction would be amazing as well, but balancing four distinct playable factions might be asking for too much, lol.
They won't do flood, they've said that countless times that's it's to hard to balance to be fair.
There was and possibly still is a Halo Wars 3 in production. Some story and ideas were scraped. Google Halo Wars 3 Artwork. From what I read it was going to have some space battles.
Quote:
They won't do flood, they've said that countless times that's it's to hard to balance to be fair.
That may be true for their feelings on it for the development for Halo Wars 2, but who's to say they won't change their mind whenever/if they get around to starting development on Halo Wars 3?
I think they will make a halo wars for each console. The 360 had the original Halo Wars. The One had Halo Wars 2. Now after the next console releases I hope they make a Halo Wars 3. Probably overkill to have more than one Halo RTS per console so waiting for the hardware refresh probably makes sense. I hope so anyway, I love the Halo RTS games.
For me there's no reason not to, but the key thing is to ensure that the narrative justification is there: just making a game for the sake of it would not be a good idea.
I think there will be a third game and the ending of 2 was a cliffhanger with atriox and the banished still fighting with a pretty large force and anders finding a guardian.writing this sets up a theory for a potential forunner faction if 3 is a thing anyway thats just a theory. The flood faction idea is pretty lit but how would they balance?
I hope for a Halo Wars 3 but I think the focus for now will be on Halo Infinite and their TV show before they get to HW3.
Please
We'll have to wait and see. It looks like HW2 was actually QUITE the unsung success, selling a lot and still supporting a healthy playerbase even today, four years on. That's cause it's just plain fun, fun and flavorful. Here's to years more of Halo Wars. :)
Since I have never played the Halo Wars I would am neutral
I'd rather they go back and fix Halo Wars 2 before taking on any new projects for the HW series.
If we do get a third Halo Wars, I think it will have to be far more advanced. Right now, Halo Wars cannot really compete with other RTS titles.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3