OP M3GA V3NOMS

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
i wouldnt mind halo wars 3 on reach or just after infinates story
I too am hoping for a Halo Wars 3 as Halo Wars 2's ending kind of felt like the End of a second movie in a trilogy...but the recent Halo Infinite teaser points to either it being resolved offscreen through either a piece of throw away dialogue or an info dump via a cutscene or intel.
also the implications of the trailer dialogue leads many to believe that Atriox is Dead and that either the Banished have allied with cortana or are a third faction competing for dominance in the galaxy.
I would however like to see a satisfying resolution to with the battle with Atriox, the crew of the Spirit of Fire finally making contact with the UNSC before the events of Halo Infinite.
A Halo Wars 3 could be done fighting created forces or remnants.
Microsoft wants to have many games for Xbox Series X. That would be a good chance to show HW3 on July event
I enjoy both Halo Wars 1 and Halo Wars 2 and was wondering if there will be a third instalment to the game series. Personally I think if there is going to be another game its coming either next generation or in the year 2020/2021.

Would people like to have a third game?
me
I would love another Halo Wars game on Series X (and PC). I think Halo Wars is underrated.
I was very surprised we even got a sequel in the first place, so, Halo Wars 3 doesn't sound at all unreasonable. As to when it would release...that's anyone's guess. It could be next year, or in five years time. There's definitely opportunity available for it.
Now here in 2020 probably not since they are confirmed to be in infinite so it will explain the next part basically so infinite is kind of halo wars 3 in some ways
Needs to be more. Just do not pull the Season Pass crap next time. I picked up Halo Wars 2 for cheap including all DLC, but can appreciate how mad people got with the main DLC being separate from Season Pass. I appreciate there was (probably) a valid reason on the development side for doing this, but full transparency ahead of time is ideal for all parties involved. And whatever the CGI company was paid, we got our money's worth. Those Cutscenes are some of the best ever. Very, very well done.

Cutter & Crew = awesome
I've boycotted HW2 ever since Awakening the Nightmare DLC not being available to the season pass holders. Have not played the game since that DLC released. I would NEVER buy HW3 until they righted their wrong and gave season pass holders the DLC. When someone buys a "ultimate edition" of a game that comes with THE season pass, they expect THE COMPLETE GAME (especially when the description says "includes upcoming multiplayer leaders and campaign missions". People can buy EVERYTHING with the complete edition for 30 dollars now, yet pass holders who spent 90 dollars on the game STILL have to shell out 20 more dollars for the game.
And to be clear, it's not about the money, it's the concept of it. The DLC could go on sale for a dollar and I wouldn't buy it.
Even if YOU reading this don't agree, MANY players see this to be shady business practive and have really hurt the reputation of Halo Wars sadly. I LOVED the game, but forced myself to never play it again.

DRrDUBB
DRrDUBB wrote:
I've boycotted HW2 ever since Awakening the Nightmare DLC not being available to the season pass holders. Have not played the game since that DLC released. I would NEVER buy HW3 until they righted their wrong and gave season pass holders the DLC. When someone buys a "ultimate edition" of a game that comes with THE season pass, they expect THE COMPLETE GAME (especially when the description says "includes upcoming multiplayer leaders and campaign missions". People can buy EVERYTHING with the complete edition for 30 dollars now, yet pass holders who spent 90 dollars on the game STILL have to shell out 20 more dollars for the game.
And to be clear, it's not about the money, it's the concept of it. The DLC could go on sale for a dollar and I wouldn't buy it.
Even if YOU reading this don't agree, MANY players see this to be shady business practive and have really hurt the reputation of Halo Wars sadly. I LOVED the game, but forced myself to never play it again.

DRrDUBB
I agree that is a sucky thing to do, justifying it as it's not part of the initial season thus requires you to pay more...rather like DLC for on going games that still have a player base after 2-3 years.
Something I wish they would do is AXE this season pass BS...some people will only pick up the game a while after it goes down in price if they are dubious about playing a game they aren't familiar with or have only a half interest in so they are just gonna expect the pass to cover everything anyway and get the shock when it doesn't.

I was similarly dubious about switching from the FPS halos over to Wars and only really bought it for the H3 Map-pack that came with it at the time, it was my brother who got the most playability out of it and it didn't seem to be a waste of money since we shared every game during that time period...(Plus I eventually bought another cheap having traded my half of HW for the my Bro's share of the Halo Reach Legendary Statue).

I do find that Season pass DLC is rather annoying due to (A) not knowing the schedule for DLC releases right off the bat, which really should be stated in the pass description. (B) A season is basically a Half Year worth of content but that can vary in terms of the game, Halo 3 had map-packs leading all the way up to and included in ODSTs Launch but each was available for purchase separately...now you needed all of them to play H3 effectively as time went on but as the newer packs came out, Bungie and Microsoft made the Heroic and eventually Legendary maps free.

I do think Season Passes should be axed all together and pick up DLC packs as they are announced and released as the con is you paying for a pack and then the Devs turning round to say..."Yeah this isn't a part of the pack you bought; t's a separate one and means it's a sort of second season".
Given how the Banished are in Halo Infinite now, it's tricky to see how things would progress, with Atriox seemingly trapped on the Ark with the Spirit of Fire...Unless they can find the dreadnaught or another ship, they are all still stuck there so there's story there...also is the Flood actually contained? I'm not a fan of not one but 2 cliff Hanger/ ambiguous endings in the same game.
SO yeah I'm open to the concept of a Halo wars 3 but like halo 5's req packs...Take the season pass and kick it so hard it flies up into space, never to darken a video game again.
I love the halo wars games and would love a new one
I would love a third part of the Halo Wars series as well! I used to play Halo Wars 2 on pc but now the xbox series x is my new gamig system and I am hoping for mouse and keyboard support on xbox. I just can't get used to playing it with a controller. Pleaase, give us mnk support at the very least.
I just got into HW2 and am having a blast. I’ve poured many, many hours into Starcraft though out my life, so I can provide some insight. Not to sound condescending, but RTS games can have very long lasting value, unlike Call of Duty. Starcraft 2 came 14(!) years after its release, at the time I thought it would be like half life 3. Starcraft 2 is on its way to have a similar span. Neither of these games got stale (albeit that was thanks in a large part to custom games).

Remember that for now, 343 is working on Halo Infinite, and the expectations for that is EXTREME. We’d be lucky to get more DLC, but I do feel like DLC is great for shelf life.
Probably so.
Creative Assembly have since halo wars 2 released started to focus on producing Total war games, so that is going to further set the development of the possible halo wars 3 game back a little. (Still holding out hope)
I'm simply holding out hope too for HW3.
And may it come to that point there would be a nice chance to hopefully play the flood faction.
Kinda miss that one since the flood is an unmissable species in the halo franchise and should get more attention in my opinion.
Maybe after halo Infinite
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6