Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Will there ever be balance

OP McGruder

patch after patch that comes out I think has great additions and maybe some questionable nerfs and or buffs and This last one was pretty good! You guys really made arbiter formidable now and fun to play with. You addressed the colony rush and decimals brute rush with some Nerfs. The one thing I didn’t see and I have been seeing people ask for on here is some adjustments to andres. She was never played with early on when the game was released and she has been buffed and buffed since making her a very tough hero to counter. Whether it be late game or early game her android aerial release essentially can make it to where she has 160 units on the field and it’s extremely tough to counter especially if your playing against someone who is pretty good with her. I personally don’t like playing with leaders that don’t require strategy I think it’s cheap and takes the fun out of the game. Andres require little of it. She i has the harassing aspect to her but when playing against a veteran player it almost feels like your playing with the upper hand. I have seen tech 3 armies go head to head and use all leader powers and not only does andres usually come out on top her android attack that spans across the map does serious damage to mini bases and undefended main bases. Don’t take her attacks away I just think they need some nerfing on damage. Early game those leader power android attacks can really wipe out infantry and or do some serious damage to bases. Just saying I think this last patch was pretty good I jus wish andres would at some point get addressed.
McGruder wrote:
patch after patch that comes out I think has great additions and maybe some questionable nerfs and or buffs and This last one was pretty good! You guys really made arbiter formidable now and fun to play with. You addressed the colony rush and decimals brute rush with some Nerfs. The one thing I didn’t see and I have been seeing people ask for on here is some adjustments to andres. She was never played with early on when the game was released and she has been buffed and buffed since making her a very tough hero to counter. Whether it be late game or early game her android aerial release essentially can make it to where she has 160 units on the field and it’s extremely tough to counter especially if your playing against someone who is pretty good with her. I personally don’t like playing with leaders that don’t require strategy I think it’s cheap and takes the fun out of the game. Andres require little of it. She i has the harassing aspect to her but when playing against a veteran player it almost feels like your playing with the upper hand. I have seen tech 3 armies go head to head and use all leader powers and not only does andres usually come out on top her android attack that spans across the map does serious damage to mini bases and undefended main bases. Don’t take her attacks away I just think they need some nerfing on damage. Early game those leader power android attacks can really wipe out infantry and or do some serious damage to bases. Just saying I think this last patch was pretty good I jus wish andres would at some point get addressed.
A game like this will always see shifting balance and even a small tweak could make the difference.

A lot of playtesting goes into every balance tweak and feedback about what is/isn't working can go to shape the next one.
MorseyBaby wrote:
I don't think much play testing goes into anything anymore, Fort Jordan was released while it still barely works.
And the fact that Warlord and Deci got affected by boundless syphon shows that if there is play testing, it is limited to "does it crash the game?"
MorseyBaby wrote:
I don't think much play testing goes into anything anymore, Fort Jordan was released while it still barely works.
And the fact that Warlord and Deci got affected by boundless syphon shows that if there is play testing, it is limited to "does it crash the game?"
Sad if true that it doesn't happen anymore, but... we are talking about a 2+ year old game. I would hope that given the remaining community and GamePass inclusion there would be further support, but suppose there comes a point where the studio has to focus on the future of Halo and tough decisions have to get made about resources.
You probably saw my post before. I agree with you 100%. Any good human player will be able to drag the game into mid to late and when you play on turtling maps, it makes anders almost impossible to fight. Her sentinels are extremely irritating and thats coming from a deci player 😂.
MorseyBaby wrote:
Ford Jordan didn't get fully released. It's available only in Custom games most likely to let people test it live against either friends, clan mates, or bots to see if everything functions well. If it was fully released, it would have been dropped into the social map rotation by now. It has not been.

However I do agree that testers need to be brought in more frequently to test things. Sadly, the only people who are allowed to test such things are people who have gotten degrees in coding (college graduates in the field of game coding and development) which really limits the areas that can be covered. Gamers are arguably the best sources to look to when trying to find problems with the game in question because gamers find all the breaks unintentionally.
Balance adjustments are currently discussed here: https://feedback.didact.io/
I always felt something was "off" with this game. Fun campaign with good story, but MP was never able to hold me.
I'm getting deeply frustrated with the random DC's during games because of a network error. I know my net is fine.
Pluto70 wrote:
I always felt something was "off" with this game. Fun campaign with good story, but MP was never able to hold me.
Same :(
Pluto70 wrote:
I just realized this is a "Halo Wars Series" forum. This comment was for HW2. I still pop in HW1 every now and then. I still remember a team rushed us with a horde of elephants. Right as they started I got an xbox message "THE LEGENDARY ELEPHANT RUSH!" I havent laughed that hard in a long time.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
I just realized this is a "Halo Wars Series" forum. This comment was for HW2. I still pop in HW1 every now and then. I still remember a team rushed us with a horde of elephants. Right as they started I got an xbox message "THE LEGENDARY ELEPHANT RUSH!" I havent laughed that hard in a long time.
Holy hell, my friends did that to me one time because I said, I never see Elephants. Man this cheered me up.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Holy hell, my friends did that to me one time because I said, I never see Elephants. Man this cheered me up.
The first game was a lot more fun in my opinion and while there were obnoxious, overly aggressive and verbally abusive tryhards, the game felt a lot more chill and fun. I liked the maps a lot better and the unique units for factions were better as well.

Elephants were awesome and never should have been taken out of the second game.
YTdaDEVIL wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
The first game was a lot more fun in my opinion and while there were obnoxious, overly aggressive and verbally abusive tryhards, the game felt a lot more chill and fun. I liked the maps a lot better and the unique units for factions were better as well.

Elephants were awesome and never should have been taken out of the second game.
Elephants were broken monstrosities. Fun as they were, they would have been too powerful for HW2.