Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Worst units

OP slive89

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
nuchey wrote:
Objectively speaking, the worst unit in the game is the cryo trooper. Very little damage output, can't shoot at Air, and loses to all other Anti-infantry despite being an anti infantry unit.
I've been saying to buff those little pooptroopers for so long now. A lot of people think Serina belongs in the gutter though, which is sad.
Condores. The are crazy expensive, as well as super units, but they are super easy to take down and are practically useless, and, unlike scarabs, have no way to turn a losing game around, no intimidation factor.

Elite Rangers. They have no upgrades, are inferior to their UNSC counterparts in every way, and have no Y-ability.

Jackrabbits. They are expensive, ineffective, and get shredded by pretty much any unit in the game.
slive89 wrote:
O I forgot .
4 .Cyclops. Slow regular againts vehicles and useless againts every thing else
5. Wraiths .I wouldn't say that they are the worst unit but wouldn't say they are really viable
Wraiths are the best t3 in the game. Surivability and damage are great roles along side speed.
Condores. The are crazy expensive, as well as super units, but they are super easy to take down and are practically useless, and, unlike scarabs, have no way to turn a losing game around, no intimidation factor.

Elite Rangers. They have no upgrades, are inferior to their UNSC counterparts in every way, and have no Y-ability.

Jackrabbits. They are expensive, ineffective, and get shredded by pretty much any unit in the game.
Rangers are borderline OP. Pull a few of them and you can virtually negate all infantry.
I would say Jackrabbits and Vultures, neither of them fulfill their role in the slightest
After their buff, they are somewhat useful; just not many times to use them with cost and zero potential against shrapnel mines.
Well I got to change up the list that everyone is talking about just a little. From ok to garbage;

Shroud: I can understand the frustration with this unit. I play a decent bit of shipmaster and really like these guys when cloaking tech leaderpoints are maxed out. Makes these guys so amazing and you can manage permanent invisibility with three of them (though no one likes to not get beam 😅) but base shrouds for all other banished are quite meh for cloaking capability and only truly useful for approaching siege to eat a few mortars. My personal complaint with them is that they take a decade to build.

Banshee: Tech 2, pretty bad, literally gets munched on by other mainline units and non melee leaders. Tech 3 deci banshees are still quite a viable late endgame for teams though, despite what many might claim. They simply aren’t as prominent as they used to be, which I am quite ok with.

Frost Bringers: I kinda like these guys in team play, but I’ve never used Serina in ones. That being said I, am just agreeing with a few that these little guys need a bit of actual dps.

Frost Raven: No one talking about this unit, because we all forget it exists it’s so bad! Not getting cryo tech is a pretty crazy choice. It would change up Serina a pretty good bit if these had decent in dps as well. This is hand in hand with Anders though , a second leader point unique unit that either doesn’t shine till late (arguably) or has no place at all.

Cannon Fodder: I’m just trolling, these guys are freakin good for their price. I’m just putting them here when you think about them 1v1 vs anything other than support units.
worst paperplanes: Banshees
Worst 40 pop to exist: condor
Worst scouts: Jackrabbits
Most Laughable building killer: Flamers
Most pathetic counter unit of all time: Cyclopes

Wow UNSC sucks
Well I got to change up the list that everyone is talking about just a little. From ok to garbage;

Shroud: I can understand the frustration with this unit. I play a decent bit of shipmaster and really like these guys when cloaking tech leaderpoints are maxed out. Makes these guys so amazing and you can manage permanent invisibility with three of them (though no one likes to not get beam 😅) but base shrouds for all other banished are quite meh for cloaking capability and only truly useful for approaching siege to eat a few mortars. My personal complaint with them is that they take a decade to build.

Banshee: Tech 2, pretty bad, literally gets munched on by other mainline units and non melee leaders. Tech 3 deci banshees are still quite a viable late endgame for teams though, despite what many might claim. They simply aren’t as prominent as they used to be, which I am quite ok with.

Frost Bringers: I kinda like these guys in team play, but I’ve never used Serina in ones. That being said I, am just agreeing with a few that these little guys need a bit of actual dps.

Frost Raven: No one talking about this unit, because we all forget it exists it’s so bad! Not getting cryo tech is a pretty crazy choice. It would change up Serina a pretty good bit if these had decent in dps as well. This is hand in hand with Anders though , a second leader point unique unit that either doesn’t shine till late (arguably) or has no place at all.

Cannon Fodder: I’m just trolling, these guys are freakin good for their price. I’m just putting them here when you think about them 1v1 vs anything other than support units.
Frost ravens are not GREAT but they can be really good. If you got a few of these bad boys, you can freeze armies or snap freeze a scarry. Shrouds are also not bad except when against seige turrets but that is because they Cost zero pop.
Shrouds have their place in the game you just have to use their invisibility ability timely.
slive89 wrote:
This post is to discuss the worst unit types in the game and how to make them viable
1. Shrouds: For real, whats up with them? Their deviation of missiles ability ia pretty useless and their cloack ability is a Y ability with a tiny AOE .They are expensive and with low health .Plus your enemy must be really bad to not have a single unit with a detect ability. Nigthingales engineers snipers AA almost everything has detect! To improve the unit I would think that perhaps making the cloaking somthing permanent? And the AOE a little bigger. This would make players to build sensor towers from time to time .I wouldn't improve their missile deviation since that would make air spasms even more OP .
2. Grunts. Inferior to marines in every way plus their upgrades are worthless. Even though i wouldn't change them .
3 .Vultures. Expensive, slow, Y ability got nerfed some seasons ago. Easy to destry and counter .To make them viable I would say... Buff their Y ability? I dont want them to be broken either
Any other?
(Sorry for the bad english hahaha)
  • Shrouds are meant to stop artillery attacks and single rounds from Heroes like Atriox's Chosen, The Bison, and I think the Forgehog. If their cloak was permanent the meta would be invisibility. I do think that the AoE could be increased by a little bit though, as of now it's a little small for concealment.
  • Grunts are also cheaper and take up less unit population. The Grunt mine is great and totally worth running in almost every match as any leader that gets them. the elite cloak is a bit iffy though.
  • Vultures are still bad, they should be the airborn scorpion for the UNSC imo (but wingmen would have to get nerfed more to make it a viable pick) if their Y ability is any better it'd fire a warhead and take down buildings in one go, buffing that missile further is silly.
  • Cyclops need a little more something to make them a good anti tank unit imo.
I don't think buffing the shroud invisibility powers would make the meta a invisibility meta. Just about everything in the game has detect, And if you don't have a army with at the least engineers/nightingale then good luck.

I think keeping it limited, But increasing the base radius and/or duration would be a nice touch.
I'd like to add one more unit. The Sniper: only good against infantry, dosn't take much to kill him, costs too much resources.
Snipers are great tech one you just need to protect them behind a hero or a wall of marines.
TRON 092 wrote:
I'd like to add one more unit. The Sniper: only good against infantry, dosn't take much to kill him, costs too much resources.
Against heroes or infantry that don't belong to high number squads (Goliath, JPB) they actually perform really well.
Snipers are great tech one you just need to protect them behind a hero or a wall of marines.
Whaaaaat snipers are super strong. The best anti infantry unit in the game that's why they can only attack infantry otherwise they would be broken
slive89 wrote:
Whaaaaat snipers are super strong. The best anti infantry unit in the game that's why they can only attack infantry otherwise they would be broken
Snipers are the best AI "if" you keep them out the front lines. Problem though is they require extra micro over Rangers and they are actually quite bad against Marines and Grunts with low fire rate. Rangers are usually a bit better because of their fire rate and higher survival potential. However, Snipers are Hands down the best anti-hero aside from other heroes, especially with T3 synch rounds.
slive89 wrote:
Snipers are the best AI "if" you keep them out the front lines. Problem though is they require extra micro over Rangers and they are actually quite bad against Marines and Grunts with low fire rate. Rangers are usually a bit better because of their fire rate and higher survival potential. However, Snipers are Hands down the best anti-hero aside from other heroes, especially with T3 synch rounds.
If we speak of heroes killing heroes the warlord of decimus is best one by far .
slive89 wrote:
slive89 wrote:
If we speak of heroes killing heroes the warlord of decimus is best one by far .
you did not see "aside from other heroes" in the quotes?
slive89 wrote:
slive89 wrote:
yes... i did .thats why I specifically mention that of aaaaalllll the heroes that kill other heroes the warlord was the best 😒
slive89 wrote:
slive89 wrote:
slive89 wrote:
yes... i did .thats why I specifically mention that of aaaaalllll the heroes that kill other heroes the warlord was the best 😒
1 point for you
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2