Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Worst units

OP slive89

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
It is always interesting to come and see what people think about the units. I feel the game is very close to being properly balanced.

The only unit that bothers me is the Wolverine. It still is too difficult to stop air, especially hornets.
And I believe the "anti" units Cyclops, Hunters, require too much power.

I feel like grunts are in a pretty good place. They used to be trash, but now they are at least solid, and they are much better against air.
Banshees are fine to me, price and all.

Wraiths are pretty solid units IMO.
I would say Jackrabbits and Vultures, neither of them fulfill their role in the slightest
I’d have to disagree with you on valtures with their buff it’s ridiculous what they do they are the unsc best unit imo. It’s not something you should be making all game because they are slow and air in general is to easy to counter.

phenoix missles do crazy damage and it can melt a base pretty well. When using them in actual combat you have to spam the Y ability when you have the high ground and what ever army he has will be gone with full pop valtures you gotta use them like base snipers like how condors do
Swerve LC wrote:
I would say Jackrabbits and Vultures, neither of them fulfill their role in the slightest
I’d have to disagree with you on valtures with their buff it’s ridiculous what they do they are the unsc best unit imo. It’s not something you should be making all game because they are slow and air in general is to easy to counter.

phenoix missles do crazy damage and it can melt a base pretty well. When using them in actual combat you have to spam the Y ability when you have the high ground and what ever army he has will be gone with full pop valtures you gotta use them like base snipers like how condors do
I made this post before the buff that Vultures got. I would agree though since the buff they're in a much better spot.
nuchey wrote:
Objectively speaking, the worst unit in the game is the cryo trooper. Very little damage output, can't shoot at Air, and loses to all other Anti-infantry despite being an anti infantry unit.
I'd have to agree, along with Jackrabbits and vultures.
nuchey wrote:
Objectively speaking, the worst unit in the game is the cryo trooper. Very little damage output, can't shoot at Air, and loses to all other Anti-infantry despite being an anti infantry unit.
Also agree. I think that the only real use case for them in the early game is to kill a non-vetted infantry hero (even then might need some other units to break the ice) or to freeze and kill units in a garrison (frostravens do that better tho). As for being anti-infantry, yeah - they don't fit that role at all. Maybe a little bit once you get all of their upgrades but you're not going to have those upgrades when they could be actually useful in the early game.
For me, the tanks. In most games, late game isn’t viable, but I’m sure it’s good if it does come.
For me, the tanks. In most games, late game isn’t viable, but I’m sure it’s good if it does come.
Tanks are actually good wym? Put I think unsc should have pelican transport or increase tank speeds and decrease wraith speed most banished have teleport like its rediculous unsc need pelican transport
nuchey wrote:
Also agree. I think that the only real use case for them in the early game is to kill a non-vetted infantry hero (even then might need some other units to break the ice) or to freeze and kill units in a garrison (frostravens do that better tho). As for being anti-infantry, yeah - they don't fit that role at all. Maybe a little bit once you get all of their upgrades but you're not going to have those upgrades when they could be actually useful in the early game.
I think a lot of people who arent experienced or dont have an understanding behind the strategy of the game are the first ones to nit pick units to the ground that dont automatically one -Yoink- anything else. Ive seen almost every unit get complained about in this string. Cryo troopers are actually really good and arent meant to dish out straight damage just like most of serenas strategies. If anything i think serena is one of the most OP leaders. Her cryo/seismic blast can one shot most banshees (and units) and her freeze alone lowers movement and attack speed which if youve ever played against a good serena could know how much of a threat that is. Serena can instantly halt a goliath rush by herself just by using her ice blocks. You support her cryo troops with frostraven y abilities, marines and snipers and you dish out crazy damage. If anything i think her units and abilities could use a slight nerf. That freeze alone is devastating. I think cryo troops are fine if anything i think regular flamethrowers need a buff

jackrabbits i think are ok unless you maybe want to give them a slight health buff

i havent seen many issues with vultures. They seem ok and that phoenix missile is deadly. You land those blasts in the middle of an army and you can halt an attack pretty nicely. Air units arent meant to be sponges.

while were on the unit subject, can we give grunts their needlers back please. I feel bad for those little guys and would make them much better against air with them like the combat tech upgrade for marines
ShanShyuum wrote:
slive89 wrote:
O I forgot .
4 .Cyclops. Slow regular againts vehicles and useless againts every thing else
5. Wraiths .I wouldn't say that they are the worst unit but wouldn't say they are really viable
Wraith may be good in squad with other unit, or make the enemy to retreat with agressive mortar shots.

But sure when alone the Wraith is pretty bad. And it's useless against a Spartan.
I love the Scorpion and wraith
<p></p>
AKAtheFonz wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Serena can instantly halt a goliath rush by herself just by using her ice blocks. You support her cryo troops with frostraven y abilities, marines and snipers and you dish out crazy damage. If anything i think her units and abilities could use a slight nerf. That freeze alone is devastating. I think cryo troops are fine if anything i think regular flamethrowers need a buff

jackrabbits i think are ok unless you maybe want to give them a slight health buff
Serina can not stop a goliath rush, she can delay a goliath rush; huge difference.
The frost raven is too frail for the leader point investment, the y ability is perfect for Serina, but they lack the health to survive long enough to drop it.

The Cryo trooper loses 1v1 against hellbringers 100% of the time because they do next to no damage to infantry- you know, that thing hellbringers/cryotroppers are meant for? I think both of them need a buff, cryotroopers to infantry and hellbringers to buildings. (Also I think marines with nade might beat cryotroopers too but don't quote me on that.)

Jackrabbits miss 70% of the shots they take, and they lack the ability to effectively stop rushes (just use a bunch of turrets, they're busted).
JRs need to aim better, if they didn't miss so often I think they'd be fine.
Serina can not stop a goliath rush, she can delay a goliath rush; huge difference.
The frost raven is too frail for the leader point investment, the y ability is perfect for Serina, but they lack the health to survive long enough to drop it.

The Cryo trooper loses 1v1 against hellbringers 100% of the time because they do next to no damage to infantry- you know, that thing hellbringers/cryotroppers are meant for? I think both of them need a buff, cryotroopers to infantry and hellbringers to buildings. (Also I think marines with nade might beat cryotroopers too but don't quote me on that.)

Jackrabbits miss 70% of the shots they take, and they lack the ability to effectively stop rushes (just use a bunch of turrets, they're busted).
JRs need to aim better, if they didn't miss so often I think they'd be fine.
I agree with this post on all of it's points. I like the frost ravens but I think they just die too quickly for them to be useful which is sad considering the investment needed. Adding them in late game though can be a changer if the opponent insn't expecting it. I think frost ravens are very situational which tbh is fine most times because they are an additional unit.
Cyrotroopers on the other hand... you can't make hellbringers and cyrotroopers. So if Cyrotroopers don't fit the role, what alternative does Serina have?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3