Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Xbox/PC Crossplay Coming to Halo Wars 2!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Hey everyone - In case you missed it, yesterday we announced that crossplay is coming to Halo Wars 2 in the next update! This will allow players on Windows 10 PCs and Xbox One to play together - something that many of you have been asking for since launch. Crossplay, along with Arena support and the Xbox One X 4K/HDR updates, are targeted for release at the end of October.

Here's the blurb from yesterday's recap blog:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’ve touched on Xbox Arena before, so astute Halo Wars 2 players no doubt already knew that, but during our 10/17 live stream we also dropped breaking news of another new feature coming in the next game update – Crossplay for Xbox and Windows 10 PCs! As an Xbox Play Anywhere title, players have the ability to enjoy Halo Wars 2 on their console or PC, but up until now that has not included cross-platform online play. Crossplay has been a passion project for the team and frankly was something we weren’t sure would be feasible to incorporate at this stage in the game’s development. The team has worked hard to deliver this feature and final testing indicates it’s ready for release into the wild. Crossplay, Arena support, and the Xbox One X visual enhancements are all targeted for release in late October.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As awesome as this news is, I've seen some questions and concerns around crossplay that I wanted to help clear up. The Halo Wars 2 team shared some additional context and insights into how Crossplay is being handled - don't worry, console players aren't going to suddenly start getting destroyed by mouse & keyboard players. :) The team has thought about this a lot, and here's what the current plan is:
  • Crossplay will be supported for Campaign, Blitz Firefight, Terminus Firefight, Custom Games, and all UNRANKED Playlists
  • All of the main ranked playlists will remain platform-specific for the sake of fairness and parity
  • For players who really want to see how console stacks up against PC, a new playlist called "Ranked 3v3 X War" will be added that will support crossplay.
Crossplay will be rolled out in phases to make sure everything is working as intended and to give the team time to assess.

When the update is released, the following will be enabled for crossplay:
  • Campaign
  • Blitz & Terminus Firefight
  • Custom Games
  • Unranked Playlists: Versus AI, "Team War", 1V1 Blitz
  • Ranked Playlist: (NEW) "Ranked 3v3 X War"
Once everything is up and running and things are looking good, crossplay will be enabled for the rest of the unraked playlists.

Thanks for all of the feedback and support, we're looking forward to getting this new update into your hands soon!
Appreciate the info!
Any info on whether ranked 2v2 & 1v1 crossplay will be included in future updates?
Sketch it shoulda been
  • Ranked Playlist: (NEW) "Ranked 1v1 X War"
I think its gonna be hard to find 3 xbox players who wanna vs pc ranked, also considering Team War Exists and there is no unranked 1v1 but thats just me

ALSO

Mouse and Keyboard for XB1 soon please?
will we see if someone play on pc and someone play on xbox?
Sketch it shoulda been
I think its gonna be hard to find 3 xbox players who wanna vs pc ranked, also considering Team War Exists and there is no unranked 1v1 but thats just me

ALSO

I think the issue is the other way around, I know plenty of people willing to test their skills
great work!
Wish they would add campaign matchmaking! Missing from every Halo bar Reach, would be a massive boost for people like me who can't manage specific times to go online in a party.
Good start! Hopefully we see more cross-play playlists implemented.
Sketch it shoulda been

ALSO

Here is a link to mouse/kb for Xbox one .

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1449780
So 2v2 PC will stay dead with no ranked playlist and no players? Great news, not.
Everything which helps the player population is amazing!

Since Halo Wars 2 has been designed for and around the Xbox One Controller I would love to see Crossplay in all existing playlists.

Who cares about the Campaign or the Firefights as a Crossplay option?

Im really curious to see Blitz 1v1 as Crossplay and hope for Crossplay in all Blitz playlists!

But please: FIX YOUR SERVERS! This season is the worse regarding disconnects or laggy connections! I hope that this gets fixed or improved with the coming PC players and doesnt gets even worse!
Seelenwurm wrote:
So 2v2 PC will stay dead with no ranked playlist and no players? Great news, not.
Lets hope Crossplay will be introduced for all playlists in the near future!
I will represent team Xbox in the Great War to come.
I will represent team Xbox in the Great War to come.
Hahaha.. xDDDDD N1!!

I will join Team Xbox GER.. M&KB destroyed by the Elite Controller in a RTS game! Thats some news guys!

WE WANT AGE OF EMPIRES 4 ALSO FOR XBOX ONE (X)!
Look, all I wanted is to play my son -- who insists he can kick my butt. I guess now we'll find out.
Crossplay! yay
instead of cross-platforming when are the last two DLC leaders getting a nerf sketch?
I can't wait to play Halowars2 at 60fps!!!
With the release of X1X, PC and console don't have any performance difference XXXXD.
By the way, I couldn't preorder X1X....
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! Finally !!!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5