Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Xbox/PC Crossplay Coming to Halo Wars 2!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Didn't know where to post this so I figured I'd post it in the most recent forum. Between all the nerfing, buffing, new characters and updates I can't enjoy this game anymore. I've always been a huge Halo Wars fan but I'm just being honest when I say this game sucks now. As far as the forums go this is my first time posting but I've noticed updates usually cater to whomever whines the most and ridiculous requests such as buffing forges warthog blast by 300% are granted and then removed a month later. That is just one example of many. Apart from having to relearn the entire game every update I also have to redownload the entire game every update which is a whopping 30 GB... I haven't played HW2 in a few months and the reason I'm posting this is because I really have no desire to come back. 95% of the people I played with left shortly after the Serina update and none of which have returned. Don't get me wrong, I like changes and I think it's a good idea to tweak the game but you're not tweaking the game you're essentially building up a foundation then tearing it down and rebuilding it over and over again. I've had plenty of fun on this game and I think the community is great but Halo Wars is truly suffering right now.
Didn't know where to post this so I figured I'd post it in the most recent forum. Between all the nerfing, buffing, new characters and updates I can't enjoy this game anymore. I've always been a huge Halo Wars fan but I'm just being honest when I say this game sucks now. As far as the forums go this is my first time posting but I've noticed updates usually cater to whomever whines the most and ridiculous requests such as buffing forges warthog blast by 300% are granted and then removed a month later. That is just one example of many. Apart from having to relearn the entire game every update I also have to redownload the entire game every update which is a whopping 30 GB... I haven't played HW2 in a few months and the reason I'm posting this is because I really have no desire to come back. 95% of the people I played with left shortly after the Serina update and none of which have returned. Don't get me wrong, I like changes and I think it's a good idea to tweak the game but you're not tweaking the game you're essentially building up a foundation then tearing it down and rebuilding it over and over again. I've had plenty of fun on this game and I think the community is great but Halo Wars is truly suffering right now.
Makes no sense to post this especially under this topic. If you don't enjoy the game anymore then don't play it. Pretty cut and dry.
Huh, but isn't a pc better than a controller?
Huh, but isn't a pc better than a controller?
It’s an on going debate. Some players feel because HW2 was built for a console and controller that their won’t be an advantage using a mouse/kb setup. Although base building should be fair, I believe they will have an advantage when they micro their units. Time shall tell.
Solid HW wrote:
Makes no sense to post this especially under this topic. If you don't enjoy the game anymore then don't play it. Pretty cut and dry.
You're right man i'll just uninstall it, thanks.
ranked 3x3 ? lol goodluck finding 3 pc player. We can't even get a 1v1 going
so now steam release
Phips85 wrote:
so now steam release
I think crossplay is an indication it won't come to Steam.

I would love a Steam release but the thoughts of buying everything again has made me completely lose interest.
Okay so 6/7 of my losses this season have been networking related. Now you are going to complicate the networking further?
Klunk NZ wrote:
Okay so 6/7 of my losses this season have been networking related. Now you are going to complicate the networking further?
Had the same thoughts & posted it a while ago.
I may finialy have a game I can play with my girlfriend. Who else is excited for this????
I may finialy have a game I can play with my girlfriend. Who else is excited for this????
To play with your girlfriend?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Cool! I'm glad you acknowledged the crossplay meanings for Xbox and PC.
I could never face their Mouse and Keyboards, NEVER!
But, the fact that you want me to see how it would go with a Mode I might try once and not play again,
Still! Thanks for having that.

I feel like this community could benefit with mostly everyone being on the same page, while not for every mode.
I definitely welcome the expansion of the player pool in matchmaking. More competition = more fun. I'm of the opinion that since the game was built for a controller the difference shouldn't be too bad. It might make the difference in close games but I don't think it will affect the outcome of games in people that are in different skill tiers. I could be wrong, but I want to view the glass half full on this one.
Excellent, larger player pool, quicker to get into games. However the keyboard and mouse control does lend itself to easier and quicker micro. Maybe it wont be that bad, we'll see.
yeah it wont be that bad, me im a PC player and I use my xbox one elite controller for gaming.... keyboard and mouse unless you literally have the PERFECT POSITION and chair and everything its gonna cause carpel tunnel and my carpel tunnel with my Mechanic job is a nightmare already as it IS I don't need what CAUSED IT to begin with making it any worse.... but I think the mouse and keyboard thing anyways is beneficial with a First person shooter but not so much a RTS.... I mean a little you can have MORE grouped units but for the general part its literally the same if not worse.... theirs gonna be MAYBE 1 every.... 2000 players that are actually TRUE keyboard and mouse users who are operating at 100% but majority hate keyboard and mouse or use it but are not good at all with them....

but the major benefit is the games POPULATION IS GONNA GO UP AGAIN!!! right now on PC its literally LOW LOW LOW!!! because of the glitch back when the game was released causing the game to crash randomly ALWAYS CRASH RANDOMLY and it wasn't firxed for literally over a month that cause the PC population to sky rocket down to nearly nothing which sucked.... but its stable now so hopefully some people come back
Oh no com on
IA Jujo wrote:
Isn't it supposed to match 6 players regardless of their platform? For instance, there could be 2 PC and 1 Xbox player in one team vs 3 Xbox players in another team.
IA Jujo wrote:
Isn't it supposed to match 6 players regardless of their platform? For instance, there could be 2 PC and 1 Xbox player in one team vs 3 Xbox players in another team.
This is how I interpret what has been posted as well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5