Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Xbox/PC Crossplay Coming to Halo Wars 2!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Thank you so much 343 great work as usual
Huh, but isn't a pc better than a controller?
It’s an on going debate. Some players feel because HW2 was built for a console and controller that their won’t be an advantage using a mouse/kb setup. Although base building should be fair, I believe they will have an advantage when they micro their units. Time shall tell.
computer will definitely be dominate in the unranked cross play variants
yeah it wont be that bad, me im a PC player and I use my xbox one elite controller for gaming.... keyboard and mouse unless you literally have the PERFECT POSITION and chair and everything its gonna cause carpel tunnel and my carpel tunnel with my Mechanic job is a nightmare already as it IS I don't need what CAUSED IT to begin with making it any worse.... but I think the mouse and keyboard thing anyways is beneficial with a First person shooter but not so much a RTS.... I mean a little you can have MORE grouped units but for the general part its literally the same if not worse.... theirs gonna be MAYBE 1 every.... 2000 players that are actually TRUE keyboard and mouse users who are operating at 100% but majority hate keyboard and mouse or use it but are not good at all with them....

but the major benefit is the games POPULATION IS GONNA GO UP AGAIN!!! right now on PC its literally LOW LOW LOW!!! because of the glitch back when the game was released causing the game to crash randomly ALWAYS CRASH RANDOMLY and it wasn't firxed for literally over a month that cause the PC population to sky rocket down to nearly nothing which sucked.... but its stable now so hopefully some people come back
I feel your pain, literally, I have mild carpal tunnel from my job also! I think you're right, this game was built around controllers and it works well like that. More players also means a game gets continuing support for longer too.
Has there been any more word on when the rollout is coming here? Excited to cross-play!
Ugh my Xbox keeps disconnecting every time I try to play a game. My pc still works great. I really can't wait to play with my friends again
yeah it wont be that bad, me im a PC player and I use my xbox one elite controller for gaming.... keyboard and mouse unless you literally have the PERFECT POSITION and chair and everything its gonna cause carpel tunnel and my carpel tunnel with my Mechanic job is a nightmare already as it IS I don't need what CAUSED IT to begin with making it any worse.... but I think the mouse and keyboard thing anyways is beneficial with a First person shooter but not so much a RTS.... I mean a little you can have MORE grouped units but for the general part its literally the same if not worse.... theirs gonna be MAYBE 1 every.... 2000 players that are actually TRUE keyboard and mouse users who are operating at 100% but majority hate keyboard and mouse or use it but are not good at all with them....

but the major benefit is the games POPULATION IS GONNA GO UP AGAIN!!! right now on PC its literally LOW LOW LOW!!! because of the glitch back when the game was released causing the game to crash randomly ALWAYS CRASH RANDOMLY and it wasn't firxed for literally over a month that cause the PC population to sky rocket down to nearly nothing which sucked.... but its stable now so hopefully some people come back
I feel your pain, literally, I have mild carpal tunnel from my job also! I think you're right, this game was built around controllers and it works well like that. More players also means a game gets continuing support for longer too.
Now I agree about the controller but where the computer has the advantage for the fact of no system lag. When the game starts the Xbox lags and when there is too much going on it can lag. I've seen people complain about the game being frozen for a whole minute before being able to move. On a mid and up teir pc there will be nothing of the sort. I have 2 GTX 1080 and I cannot make a senario to make the game lag all. I think this will be the best benefit against the Xbox one. I highly recommend ppl to get the Xbox one x
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not make off-topic posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Getting really excited to have cross-play enabled. Here's hoping we get news sooner than later!
Should’ve been here looooong time ago... haha

Cant benefit from it now because my buddy is getting back from his deployment soon and won’t need his labtop anymore lol
They said, "end of the month" when they announced this feature earlier this month. Has there been any other official word on when this is coming? I've decided to wait to play the new campaign for this, but it seems like they would've said something if it was still coming this month.

I really do wish this was enabled form the start. I would've loved to play through the main campaign all the way with a friend the first time around.
Thank you for this. HW2 on PC is dead and this should help bring some life back.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Let's just see how far this gets us.
Any eta on this update???
Any eta on this update???
latest update from twitter "it’s getting close - don’t have a solid date yet but it’s in final stages of testing"
Update please :D
Are we getting an official date any time soon? Would like to play with friends asap.
Solid HW wrote:
Are we getting an official date any time soon? Would like to play with friends asap.
Man, I remember back in February/March... Loomx and I would run into you and Bomber HW. You guys were our only competition on the PC lol.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not impersonate others.This includes forum moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Solid HW wrote:
Man, I remember back in February/March... Loomx and I would run into you and Bomber HW. You guys were our only competition on the PC lol.
You're one of the few people I remember from the PC playlists lol. Yeah I'm pretty much waiting for crossplay to get to play on PC again with Mikebeaston and our xbox group of friends. A real ETA would be super appreciated.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5