Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Xbox/PC Crossplay Coming to Halo Wars 2!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
WHERE IS THE CROSSPLAY!!????
good question...
Thank you for this. HW2 on PC is dead and this should help bring some life back.
it only would if there is 1vs1 and 2vs2 crossplay too.

Should have been in since release, with OPT OUT for xbox players who dont want to play against them.
(just add 1 button in quicksearch, "do not match with pc players in terms of crossplay" - check it if you want to stick to console enemys and all fine.
NAYEL4SLR wrote:
WHERE IS THE CROSSPLAY!!????
Still dont see cross-play too.....
The patch notes were just updated, making it appear that cross play is either released or imminent.
Awesome! Any word on future DLC releases? Such as new leaders, factions etc.?
Awesome! Any word on future DLC releases? Such as new leaders, factions etc.?
Nothing to announce
I wanted to play 1V1 Against PC'S players but i see the Cross is only for 3V3 WTF
I wanted to play 1V1 Against PC'S players but i see the Cross is only for 3V3 WTF
ske7ch addressed this in the 1st post
Quote:
Crossplay will be rolled out in phases to make sure everything is working as intended and to give the team time to assess.

When the update is released, the following will be enabled for crossplay:
  • Campaign
  • Blitz & Terminus Firefight
  • Custom Games
  • Unranked Playlists: Versus AI, "Team War", 1V1 Blitz
  • Ranked Playlist: (NEW) "Ranked 3v3 X War"
Once everything is up and running and things are looking good, crossplay will be enabled for the rest of the unraked playlists.
Wait, I thought you guys stopped development for HW2 and were moving on with H6,HW3, and other games. I’m confused, is this the final update HW2 will get?
Saw in the update notes that there were fixes to ODST node capping, but is the broken node capping for every other units going to be addressed soon? Its really hard to be efficient with capping nodes when I can't tell 1 if my 3 units to start capping after killing the first sentinel because my unit wants to continuously auto-target and overide its command to cap. On top of that even after the node is cleared it might take 10 secs for my units to latch on even after its been told. This is a really big issue currently in gameplay, and if there isn't any way to push a quck patch on this issue (such as patch for goop vs buildings) that would be amazing. Thanks for crossplay tho, can't wait to goop the pc community.
Ranked 3v3 X War is not working. Xbox and PC players can join party, start searching a match, it connects to server and says player found then starts searching again.

Edit: It started working!
Edit2: It's so much fun to play with different players. Thank you for bringing us crossplay <3
this is freaking amazing, such a good idea. It's almost like it should have been this way from the start.
that is a horrible idea rts is always easier on pc because they have 1 more shortcuts 2 faster reaction time 3 less screen lag when explosions and things happen WHO'S IDEA WAS THIS!
Out of sync every-time I try to build a unit. This game was bad on release, still is now. PC to Xbox and an out of sync error? Please fix this.
sieyono wrote:
Out of sync every-time I try to build a unit. This game was bad on release, still is now. PC to Xbox and an out of sync error? Please fix this.
Please report these kinds of issues in the support forums, thanks
TYRELL zx wrote:
Seelenwurm wrote:
So 2v2 PC will stay dead with no ranked playlist and no players? Great news, not.
Lets hope Crossplay will be introduced for all playlists in the near future!
Nakamura said they are already testing that. 1vs1 / 2vs2.
But i bet it wont come this year, maybe 2018?
Hope the game isnt completly dead then.
Thanks for the information Bro , I appecciated a lot your help :)
Sorry guys but I dont understand...

Crossplay works with 1v1 unranked, 2v2 unranked and 3v3 unranked?
Or it's just for 1v1 unranked and 3v3 Unranked ?

Thank you. :)
that is a horrible idea rts is always easier on pc because they have 1 more shortcuts 2 faster reaction time 3 less screen lag when explosions and things happen WHO'S IDEA WAS THIS!
just stop man, almost all of us PC players use a mouse and keyboard and don't wanna make our carpel tunnel worse or develop it. I use a xbox one controller and ps4 controller for FPS games or third person games..... the keyboard is just as confusing in situations and honestly HALO WARS is MEANT FOR CONTROLLERS so its not a big problem.... if you got nothing better to do then to get your muscles and joints weakened by a keyboard and mouse and trying sooo damn hard with them then they deserve it... but in halo wars any player can win no matter WHAT THEY ARE USING.......... because I have a buddy who uses a mouse and KEYBOARD to play halo wars 1 and 2 on his xbox one.... and hes good with it but Controller people just still seem to win and be smarter :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5