OP TheLoomx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
TheLoomx wrote:
TheLoomx wrote:
TheLoomx wrote:
1) I'm hoping it actually has a longer cool down and that they just sped it up for the stream.

2&3) I noticed that too and I think these are related. Coupled with free cannon fodder YapYap will be the king of map resource gathering, however it comes at the cost of not being able to get map control of the nodes without the goblins. I think that the basic infantry are free and allow for easier access of the hero units balances this out. We'll find out next week!
I hope you're right. And so think you are. Good point on the cost benefit of the fodder. I'm excited to see how the goblins do vs other leaders. He will be very mixed comp reliant.

Next week can't come soon enough!
I'm actually glad he'll be very mixed comp reliant. It's how it should be! If those goblins bite the dust then his fodder is open season for early air. It's great that he has good infantry to back him up too. His heavy grunts seem like a great addition.
Heavy grunts look crazy. Fuel rods that can shoot up! Bet they will be fun to have in mass lol.
It still greatly puzzles me why Cyclops, Hunters and Snipers can't shoot air. Artificial handicap for balance is the only reason I can think of.
Does please dont shoot me also mean we can't shoot yapyap's buildings or is it just his units?
His and all his allies' grunts.
GET BACK OUT THERE! I will probably be using this a lot.
seems like a really complex leader to use plus I'm disappointed there aren't more drops
seems like a really complex leader to use plus I'm disappointed there aren't more drops
I think the point of him is that instead of dropping tons of stuff, you are supposed to assembly line churn out cannon fodder lol
Does the Methane Wagon have offensive capabilities, or is it just purely support?
I wish heavy grunts replaced hunters as AA / AV. It would make much more sense to keep suicide grunts and get rid of Hunters.
Does the Methane Wagon have offensive capabilities, or is it just purely support?
It shoots methane clouds, no idea if it actually does damage. I'd guess it does just under the Frostraven's base damage, maybe even less. (So basically nothing)
So practically, it's just support. You shouldn't use them for offensive combat.
Veltain wrote:
It shoots methane clouds, no idea if it actually does damage. I'd guess it does just under the Frostraven's base damage, maybe even less. (So basically nothing)
So practically, it's just support. You shouldn't use them for offensive combat.
Unless you have a fleet of them. I used a fleet of Ravens in a skirmish match and they were ridiculously effective, although it took like 5 minutes to chip damage a base to nothing.
a whole bunch of any leader is going to be annoying a whole match of all arbiters is just going to constantly stop every battle also.

I think the only reason it happened so much in the stream is you had 5 AI using it. the power it self did not last very long it was just because it happened so often being the only leader.

It affects everything globally so one AI would use it then the one he was fighting would use it and on and on and on. I don't think its going to be a problem in actual matches.
No cost to cannon fodder? Triple pump early game and you'll have max pop insanely fast. Easy to tech up or uprade them as you don't have to spend and easily get generators. Im not seeing any scenario were the enemy survives more than 5-6mins, maybe 300% anvil round was in place to counter this. Please don't shoot me in 3v3's in a 3 man Yap crew sounds like an easy win! This game seems to be truly going down a dark path... Don't get me wrong I was excited for this (and forgehog nerf) but it seems like a pay to win. I guess we'll see on release.
Grunts that melee their enemies?
Not so common to see on a Halo game.
Halo 5 was the first time, and it is very rare for them to melee Spartans.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but in the lore, grunts didn't used to have weapons. They were just put on the front lines unarmed to run at the enemy and soak damage under threat of planet glass lol. Then there was a revolt and the covenant gave then weapons. But canonically melee grunts make sense.
TheLoomx wrote:
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but in the lore, grunts didn't used to have weapons. They were just put on the front lines unarmed to run at the enemy and soak damage under threat of planet glass lol. Then there was a revolt and the covenant gave then weapons. But canonically melee grunts make sense.
I know in canon they are able to melee.
I meant gameplay though.
Titonic IV wrote:
...Im not seeing any scenario were the enemy survives more than 5-6mins, maybe 300% anvil round was in place to counter this...
Oh. My. Gosh. Sounds like when they nerf anvil rounds next update we will be begging to have it back to have a chance to survive the grunty grunt horde attacks...

This leader sounds like a very rush oriented leader. His balance is just strange and sounds like it will be fun to mess with.
sounds like u guys are forgetting the light infantry grunts only have melee and they are much weak than grunt squads
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2