Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Yapyap - Discussion Thread.

OP AlPhAcEnTuRiOn2

Hello
I decided to set this thread up to encourage everyone to constructively discuss the new leader Yapyap THE DESTROYER.

My first impressions are that there isn't a leader like him in Halo Wars 2 which is a good thing however he does require you to stay focused and push hard when attacking. I also feel that he needs support on the battlefield from other players but in the hands of an experienced player could be deadly I'm only grateful he can't teleport.
There are a couple of things id like to see added however. First and I think the most important is the ability to build a Scarab goblin. This will give you the option to build one Scarab goblin which is very powerful or three of the weaker Needler goblins. Secondly heavy grunts should have needlers and lastly said needles need to do super combine though I could imagine this would be difficult to implement for balancing reasons.

Apart from that I'm very excited to finally play this new leader and I hope you guys are too. Please discuss and keep it clean.

Thank you.
I'm planning on doing some extensive testing tonight, I'll post my thoughts after.
I'm planning on doing some extensive testing tonight, I'll post my thoughts after.
I'm a "green" man. I like Jerome, Forge and Johnson because they're boots on ground.. That being said, you cannot stop the impending horde. Yayap and all his glorious Ungoy will reign supreme. We have found the true inheritor of "The Mantle".

In all seriousness though, I can't believe the joke I made about grunts having no cost came true in a sense with the Cannon Fodder grunts.
I'm a "green" man. I like Jerome, Forge and Johnson because they're boots on ground.. That being said, you cannot stop the impending horde. Yayap and all his glorious Ungoy will reign supreme. We have found the true inheritor of "The Mantle".

In all seriousness though, I can't believe the joke I made about grunts having no cost came true in a sense with the Cannon Fodder grunts.
Yeah I thought they would give him a passive that boosts population slightly instead but I like it.

Cannon Fodder is easy to counter if you build Flamethrowers or Flamehogs or Serina's Ice throwers. I haven't played banished this update yet but I'm guessing teleporting suicide grunts would destroy them and kiting with ranger would probably work well also.

His shield is a cool ability to help yourself out or your allies units and please don't shoot me doesn't seem to be the problem everyone predicted. (I have not played 3 Yayaps but Imo any team of the same leader is annoying to play)