Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Yapyap Patch Change

OP DeathRitual4977

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Yap was always a unique leader I loved the moment he came out and was happy and disappointed with him after the patch. Yapyap needed a buff without a doubt but 100% is too much for pickup speed. I think you should buff CF speed by 8% and decrease the buffed amount by 50% but increase their build time by maybe 25%-33% for having less economic and poor combat advantage. Also, early game yapyap is NOW strong but too strong just with Methane Wagons or mine. He does not have Suicide Grunts but Methane can stop any rush easily just as effectively counter rush with Grunt Riders destroying infantry. I think Meth Wagon should debuff enemy units by half the current amount and buff yaps units by 25% less. If you see your chance too use his mine, Choppers and Grunt Riders will rect anything early game with mine that can destroy everything with some stuns from these units and even worse with turret drops unlock which deems land infantry useless. I think arm time should be increased 2 secs after drop and increase CD by 50%. His heroes early game are garbage but I think thats a whole different issue all together and should be talked about later.
Yap was always a unique leader I loved the moment he came out and was happy and disappointed with him after the patch. Yapyap needed a buff without a doubt but 100% is too much for pickup speed. I think you should buff CF speed by 8% and decrease the buffed amount by 50% but increase their build time by maybe 25%-33% for having less economic and poor combat advantage. Also, early game yapyap is NOW strong but too strong just with Methane Wagons or mine. He does not have Suicide Grunts but Methane can stop any rush easily just as effectively counter rush with Grunt Riders destroying infantry. I think Meth Wagon should debuff enemy units by half the current amount and buff yaps units by 25% less. If you see your chance too use his mine, Choppers and Grunt Riders will rect anything early game with mine that can destroy everything with some stuns from these units and even worse with turret drops unlock which deems land infantry useless. I think arm time should be increased 2 secs after drop and increase CD by 50%. His heroes early game are garbage but I think thats a whole different issue all together and should be talked about later.
I think it's pretty amazing the way it is. He has no suicide grunts so the meth wagon is a great and needed support unit to stop aggressive rushes. Brute riders are quite expensive to make early on, so that is ok. Methane wagons and heavy grunts is what yapyap has and it's excellent early game. But that combo is easy to counter too. Suicide grunts and grunt squads counter it and marines plus anti-infantry takes care of business. That meth wagon isn't cheap either, 300 supplies plus 120 power is a hefty investment early game; so I think this powerful unit should remain powerful because then nobody would ever build them or use yapyap again. His mines? They are ok. I think we should fix the voridus mines because they do explosion damage and leave a huge puddle of disgusting mud everywhere for a very long time.
I think it's pretty amazing the way it is. He has no suicide grunts so the meth wagon is a great and needed support unit to stop aggressive rushes. Brute riders are quite expensive to make early on, so that is ok. Methane wagons and heavy grunts is what yapyap has and it's excellent early game. But that combo is easy to counter too. Suicide grunts and grunt squads counter it and marines plus anti-infantry takes care of business. That meth wagon isn't cheap either, 300 supplies plus 120 power is a hefty investment early game; so I think this powerful unit should remain powerful because then nobody would ever build them or use yapyap again. His mines? They are ok. I think we should fix the voridus mines because they do explosion damage and leave a huge puddle of disgusting mud everywhere for a very long time.
perhaps but CF and early game gobs need work.
perhaps but CF and early game gobs need work.
I wouldn't mind a speed buff lol
You love YapYap and complained CF needed pick up rate increase.
Now it's too fast for your liking? This community.
Aside from that their fine now. Their met more for some good utility usage and not so much combat since they just get ignored by smart players.
I'm pretty sure the build is around the same time as a Grunt Squad so why should a cheap low health trash unit take longer then a actual damage dealing unit?
Aside from that their fine now. Their met more for some good utility usage and not so much combat since they just get ignored by smart players.
I'm pretty sure the build is around the same time as a Grunt Squad so why should a cheap low health trash unit take longer then a actual damage dealing unit?
thanks for your opinion
You are completely right about the fodders being useless in combat. They have become utility and slight support units only(scouting, picking up supplies, going out for mini bases, etc). Sometimes with an early attack I could surround a hero with them as the heavy grunts kill the trapped hero but besides that the fodders deal practically no damage. They are only slightly useful early game. Mid late game has no use for them, as the grunt squads can be useful late game.
You are completely right about the fodders being useless in combat. They have become utility and slight support units only(scouting, picking up supplies, going out for mini bases, etc). Sometimes with an early attack I could surround a hero with them as the heavy grunts kill the trapped hero but besides that the fodders deal practically no damage. They are only slightly useful early game. Mid late game has no use for them, as the grunt squads can be useful late game.
Heavy Grunts are useful late game but they take so long to build as well not effected by any tier of Logistics. That being said, you don't want to mass these little guys just to all wipe instantly.
If you ever played him before the patch the gather rate was just unbearable you would have too make a chopper just to get your resources on time.
If you ever played him before the patch the gather rate was just unbearable you would have too make a chopper just to get your resources on time.
i mained yapyap actually i was thinking more of an increase to speed and build time for better early game combat effectiveness while buffing his economy by debuff pickup.
An increase to speed, reduction to train time, and 50% nerf to gather rate would just make them worse. The only reason to build CF is to pick up supplies, so the gather rate is the only stat that matters. Build time doesn't matter because they're otherwise useless and you'll only be building a few of them anyway.
An increase to speed, reduction to train time, and 50% nerf to gather rate would just make them worse. The only reason to build CF is to pick up supplies, so the gather rate is the only stat that matters. Build time doesn't matter because they're otherwise useless and you'll only be building a few of them anyway.
This is right... The only reason to build CF is to pick up supplies and scout/capture mini bases.
Leave their stats alone, now that they actually pick up crates at a reasonable pace, everything else is fine.
i mained yapyap actually i was thinking more of an increase to speed and build time for better early game combat effectiveness while buffing his economy by debuff pickup.
They nerf the build time because they would come out too quickly and not even flame throwers, snipers, leaders could handle them.
They nerf the build time because they would come out too quickly and not even flame throwers, snipers, leaders could handle them.
I understand where you are coming but they are absolutely garbage and you will be lucky to kill a single unit.
I understand where you are coming but they are absolutely garbage and you will be lucky to kill a single unit.
Well they are really not supposed to kill units they are suppose too be used too grab resources and run away lol
I think you guys got this all wrong. Cannon fodder wreck anything early game that isn't anti-infantry or structures. Good thing about CF is you can basically force the opponent go anti-infantry which makes things more predictable.

I haven't picked up a resource crate in months. Best thing is to just harass the opponents starting grunts/marines immediately when game starts and drop mines on their crates.

So yeah I didn't pick up any crates, but the opponent spent much more money defending their own crates from free cannon fodder spam. It evens out in the end.

I can assure you that nothing outside a turret or anti-infantry can fend off a lot of CF without going bankrupt. Heck, a well placed mine can even blow up the turret.
it took more than 2 min to just gather some power
so not worth it .
this 100% increase was like a early Christmas for me
I think you guys got this all wrong. Cannon fodder wreck anything early game that isn't anti-infantry or structures. Good thing about CF is you can basically force the opponent go anti-infantry which makes things more predictable.

I haven't picked up a resource crate in months. Best thing is to just harass the opponents starting grunts/marines immediately when game starts and drop mines on their crates.

So yeah I didn't pick up any crates, but the opponent spent much more money defending their own crates from free cannon fodder spam. It evens out in the end.

I can assure you that nothing outside a turret or anti-infantry can fend off a lot of CF without going bankrupt. Heck, a well placed mine can even blow up the turret.
I highly doubt they truly wreck anything. Maybe single targeting Heroes. But what about an Atriox's Chosen that comes along and 2 shots a group of 10+ CF and gets Vet. 1 right away? The mine does do a good amount of damage I agree on that but the CF in fighting is either ignored or killed for Hero Vet (Which gets Atriox to Vet 3 so fast its scary)
Heroes and Suicide Grunts can easily kill a horde of CF.

I highly doubt they truly wreck anything. Maybe single targeting Heroes. But what about an Atriox's Chosen that comes along and 2 shots a group of 10+ CF and gets Vet. 1 right away? The mine does do a good amount of damage I agree on that but the CF in fighting is either ignored or killed for Hero Vet (Which gets Atriox to Vet 3 so fast its scary)
Heroes and Suicide Grunts can easily kill a horde of CF.
Anything can kill Cannon Fodders, I mean anything. They used to wreck everything pre-nerf but they are very weak and deal little to no damage now. You can use them as a temporary wall to stop a chicken pavium from escaping heavy grunts. With about 8 heavy grunts with a couple meth wagons and the fodder to stop a hero, the hero goes down quickly as he tries to run and gun away from the almighty powerful heavy grunts.
Cannon fodder are negligible in combat after the 2 min mark. They are decent for picking up supplies but I want them no where in my army when I try to push. They are a bit better with their upgrades but I might want to see their t2 upgrade moved to t1
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2