YapYap Release Update! (HE'S HERE!)

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
Well, he took his time (Grunts do have short legs after all) but last night YapYap THE DESTROYER finally decided to show up for duty in Halo Wars 2. Thanks for hanging in there with us and we hope everyone enjoys our new Grunt overlord. As always, please share your feedback with us here in the forums.

Update: 8/17 3:50PM - Unfortunately it's looking like Lil Yappers is taking his sweet time navigating the complicated network of tubes and tunnels required to get content from the depths of the development team to the storefront for players.If you've been along with us for the ride over the last 6 months this should come as no surprise - every DLC release has endured some degree of long wait between the game patch and the actual content being ready to use. It's obviously not a great situation and we share your frustration and eagerness to play YapYap! As of now we don't know when this publish will complete - it might be 2 hours, it might be 8 hours - and in all likelihood the Xbox One content will show up before Win10 does. Perhaps pretend it's just coming tomorrow AM, enjoy your afternoon and evening and Lil Yappers will be there waiting for you when you log back in. Eventually it will show up and work in game as expected at some point tonight but we are officially going to hold our launch blog and trailer for tomorrow.

Update: 8/17 11:20AM - Good news - the issue that was preventing Halo Wars 2 from connecting to the game services has been verified as resolved on Xbox One. Note that you may need to fully reboot your console in order to connect (turn off, remove power cable, wait a few seconds, boot it back up). We are still in the process of downloading the patch on Win10 so the team has been unable to verify that the services issue is fixed on PC (it should be though). As always, we are still going to be waiting hours (possibly many, many hours) before YapYap DLC is fully propagated to the store and available for use in game.

UPDATE: 8/17 9:45AM - The team is aware of the "disconnected from Halo Wars 2 services" issue that is currently impacting players. It appears the root cause has been discovered and a fix is hopefully being made soon. Also we have received reports that the Win10 game patch is now rolling out and available for download.

UPDATE: 8/17 9:30AM PT - The Xbox One game patch is currently rolling out to retail and should be available for download. The patch for Win10 is still making its way through the release process but we hope it shows up soon. NOTE: The team is aware of some users reporting an issue where they're unable to connect to Halo Wars 2 services. This is being investigated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The team has sent word that the YapYap DLC and next Halo Wars 2 patch are on target for release on 8/17.

As a reminder, you can check out the patch notes HERE and balance change preview right HERE. For more YapYap preview goodness, check out last week's Community Update Blog and if you missed it, GrimBrotherOne and I did a little Mixer stream last Friday that can still be viewed on-demand over at my Mixer channel.

Here's a helpful reminder of how the DLC and patch release process generally goes:

1. Tomorrow morning the team will push out the Halo Wars 2 game patch. This will include all the fixes and tweaks to the game and will get the game ready for the DLC. During this time you might see the YapYap leader but notice he's unavailable to play - this is normal and expected. We will update the game MOTD with an 'update in progress' message for the duration of the release window.

2. At the same time, a process kicks off to publish the YapYap DLC content into the Marketplace on Xbox One and Windows 10. This process can take a long time - last month it took over 24 hours before Serina was available on the Windows 10 store. Until this process completes, the new DLC content is not expected to fully work on both platforms. You might also see it appear on the store but it will look as if you need to pay for it - this is also expected and the proper Season Pass entitlements will get into place as the process continues.

Once we've verified that YapYap is live on Xbox One and Windows 10 and working as intended, we'll update the game MOTD and spread the word on our social channels and fire the YapYap launch blog on Waypoint. Note that if this process ends up taking extraordinarily long we might hold off on the promotional aspects until Friday (this is what happened with Serina, even though the content did eventually go live late at night).

Remember that if you interrupt the game patch download, chances are almost certain that you'll be forced to re-download the entire game. If the patch appears to be stuck or downloading super slow, our advice is to be patient and let it go. This is an issue that appropriate teams are aware of but unfortunately is not something the Halo Wars 2 team is able to address internally.

Thanks!
Already gave up on the hopes of having a proper download... So excited for the new update cx
And thus, the Yappening begins.
And thus, the Yappening begins.
And on this day, I knew the Yappening had begun.
Quote:
Remember that if you interrupt the game patch download, chances are almost certain that you'll be forced to re-download the entire game. If the patch appears to be stuck or downloading super slow, our advice is to be patient and let it go. This is an issue that appropriate teams are aware of but unfortunately is not something the Halo Wars 2 team is able to address internally.

Thanks!
if it’s any help - a fix for this has been added for preview members (or at least Ring 3 & 4).
Will that be out tomorrow morning in the UK or do we have to wait for a USA time?
of course the day i go back to school
of course the day i go back to school
I feel you bro.
Will that be out tomorrow morning in the UK or do we have to wait for a USA time?
You'll have to wait sadly......
OUR LORD AND SAVIORR YAPP YAP WILL SOON SAVE US FROM FORGE.
It's Yappening! (Insert Ron Paul meme here)
Yap Yap releases tomorrow?

He's OP, nerf him now! (This is a joke, before anyone gets ban happy)
Yap Yap releases tomorrow?

He's OP, nerf him now! (This is a joke, before anyone gets ban happy)
haha this made me lol. RAAWR YAP YAP IS TEH OP NAO@@@ haha but jk all in good fun.

Great stuff can't wait to try him out!
Can't wait! Based on the stream he looks like a lot of fun and not very OP. I'm extremely excited!
Man I had been so hoping it would have dropped today or yesterday, which is my 'weekend', instead of my 'Monday'. But w/e at least we're getting him soon.
thanks for the commitment with the community
The yappening begins
Cannot wait to use Yapyap. Easily the hero i had the most hype for
#TheYappening
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9