Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Yip Yap needs a second look.

OP JAKERS365

So, I just got done playing Yip Yap and playing against him and I have to say he's fun and an innovative play style and character, but I think 343i might ned to take a second look at him because of a certain issue with his unit play style. The issue is similar to Colony's leader unit being too powerful, the same can be said with Yip Yap's Goblin Mechs as his "Don't Shoot Me" power, plus Mechs makes them almost too powerful. I say this because all throughout a few matches people using Yip Yap used this method and even with significant amount of time to rally counter strategies, they all failed, because not only are the Goblin Mechs extremely tanky with a lot of shield and health, they also have too much damage power as well, combined with locusts and the "Don't Shoot Me" power, they instantly annihilate bases and defenses. So I don't want to outright say he should be nerfed, but maybe implementing other counter measures like increasing other leaders strategy effectiveness might be enough to level the playing field.
I think he is fine the way he is. His goblins aren't tanky at all. Forgehog can 5 shot them early game and they don't have the damage to compete until they get shard storm launcher at tech 2. The only thing that's strong on the goblins is the heal they have but the cool down balances it out
Personally I don't think Goblins are an issue. Cannon Fodder does need to be adjusted though.
'Forge can 5 shot them' forge is another character needing toning, the 3 top tier right now is forge, decimus and yap yap, and they all need toning down slightly
I think he is fine the way he is. His goblins aren't tanky at all. Forgehog can 5 shot them early game and they don't have the damage to compete until they get shard storm launcher at tech 2. The only thing that's strong on the goblins is the heal they have but the cool down balances it out
Not to be rude, but saying something is balanced because forge hog can beat it is just wrong. Forge hog is still OP. However, I don't think goblins are the problem. His methane wagons with limitless cannon fodder are OP
JAKERS365 wrote:
So, I just got done playing Yip Yap and playing against him and I have to say he's fun and an innovative play style and character, but I think 343i might ned to take a second look at him because of a certain issue with his unit play style. The issue is similar to Colony's leader unit being too powerful, the same can be said with Yip Yap's Goblin Mechs as his "Don't Shoot Me" power, plus Mechs makes them almost too powerful. I say this because all throughout a few matches people using Yip Yap used this method and even with significant amount of time to rally counter strategies, they all failed, because not only are the Goblin Mechs extremely tanky with a lot of shield and health, they also have too much damage power as well, combined with locusts and the "Don't Shoot Me" power, they instantly annihilate bases and defenses. So I don't want to outright say he should be nerfed, but maybe implementing other counter measures like increasing other leaders strategy effectiveness might be enough to level the playing field.
Marines can take out the Goblin, come on dude. Be more cautious things like that is how we got 300% damage increase guys.
Personally I don't think Goblins are an issue. Cannon Fodder does need to be adjusted though.
I feel like the goblin's Y ability is a bit too good for having 3 of them to pop, but outside of that it's very well balanced.
JAKERS365 wrote:
Marines can take out the Goblin, come on dude. Be more cautious things like that is how we got 300% damage increase guys.
Plot Twist: Goblin gets replaced by a pimp slap.
I feel like the goblin's Y ability is a bit too good for having 3 of them to pop, but outside of that it's very well balanced.
I agree with the Y ability issue but I also think his heroes should be a bit more expensive. Since the fodder are free I would like too see making the heroes be more of a tactical choice than a no brainer. I haven't played too many 1s though so I don't really know his balance from that standpoint.
Yap Yap is OP but I don't think it's for any of those reasons.
Bulbaby wrote:
JAKERS365 wrote:
Plot Twist: Goblin gets replaced by a pimp slap.
I miss Halo 3 man...
Not to be rude, but saying something is balanced because forge hog can beat it is just wrong. Forge hog is still OP. However, I don't think goblins are the problem. His methane wagons with limitless cannon fodder are OP
I see what you mean but the reason I chose forge as an example is because it's his anvil round that's strong his regular attack isn't too strong I'm pretty sure aatrioxs chosen does more damage with regular attacks
The way I see it, these are the things wrong with Yap:

-Goblin's Y ability heals too much and too quickly.
-Shade drop should drop 3 and 5 turrets once upgraded, not 4 and 6.
-Methane Wagons should not blow up enemies when destroyed.
-Methane Party should cost more and do reduced damage to buildings.
-Cannon Fodder should cost something around 40 or so supplies. Give them a slight buff to compensate. Free units is a ridiculous concept.

Heavy Grunts need a buff though. As of now, Yap is more deadly than Forge when in the right hands. This is all coming from someone who mains him in team games.