OP Tashi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
Please Please Please If you are going to touch the sword's speed, keep the changes out of campaign. Changing the sandbox for multiplayer has negatively affected the campaign before, and this would really suck for speedrunners if the sword was changed.
Halo Competitive scene:

Halo 1: No radar
Halo 2: No radar
Halo 3: No radar
Halo Reach: No radar
Halo 4: No radar
Halo 5: Radar

I'll never understand why radar has been turned on for Halo 5's competitive settings since day 1. in 4v4 competitive settings, the communication between your teammates is essentially your substitute for radar. Halo 1/2/3/4/Reach have all been like this, so turning on the radar in Halo 5... just why?
Everything about multi player is all ready ok, what you should do it's a GOOD CAMPAIGN, Halo 5 campaign it's the worst I've ever seen.... What a shame on you 341...
You just care about creating a "good E-Sport" . But talking about campaign, it's seem it's not important for you anymore.
343!

Thank you! The competitive player has never been happier with the direction you're headed. We really appreciate the bold decisions you've made for the future!
Great news. Well done! Radar should either be removed or stay the same imo. Current Proving Grounds radar slows the game down too much. If I could choose I'd remove radar.
Everything about multi player is all ready ok, what you should do it's a GOOD CAMPAIGN, Halo 5 campaign it's the worst I've ever seen.... What a shame on you 341...
Don't know about campaign since I didn't play it. But multiplayer is far from O.K.
This is wonderful news. Thank you
Please keep on topic thanks, if you wish to discuss Halo 5's campaign you can do so in the Halo 5 forums. This is not the place
Great. Now the Assault Rifle is going to be useless again.
Way to go!
I especially enjoy how you aren't even trying to sugarcoat it though:
Quote:
We know many of you have been anxiously awaiting updates on map and gametype settings for the Summer 2017 Season of the HCS, and today we’re happy to get into some details. Immediately following the Halo World Championship 2017 Finals, our team has been on a mission to collect and document as much player feedback from top players around the world. I want to take a moment to thank all of the players for their detailed input they have provided so far. Since the culmination of the Halo World Championship, the esports team has been meeting with various teams here at 343 (Multiplayer, Sandbox, Data Analysis, and more) to determine next steps for implementing updates.
Yes I'm a casual player in the Arena setting, and obviously since I'm not "good enough" my opinion and experience in a 1+ year old game doesn't matter.
Remember how Halo 5 launched with no social playlists? Forcing casuals into Arena. If you (343i) don't want "filthy casuals" in Arena Competitive playlists, then maybe you should consider launching games with good social playlists.
Quote:
ASSAULT RIFLE
Players have been providing feedback that the current gameplay around the Assault Rifle has become unfit for competition. After extensive review, we have determined that the data supports this feedback. The Assault Rifle’s effectiveness is similar across a wide range of skill levels, which is not intended. As a result, the weapon will not be featured in competitive play during the Summer 2017 season. We’re actively evaluating best ways to update the weapon and reintroduce into competitive play once the weapon has been retuned and tested.
What does that even mean?! You did not intend it to be effective?
It's not! It's just useful in close quarters combat! Ever tried sniping someone across the map with an AR? It's basically only possible if the enemy disregards strafing! Same applies in mid-range. If you get AR'd to death in mid range it's because:
1) Someone got the drop on you. You weren't paying attention.
2) You disregarded strafing.
It's an assault rifle, and yes, it is effective at close range. What else would it be?! Why is the AR in the game, if not to be effective in close range?
That's like saying the Shotgun should be removed because it is effective in close range.

The Assault Rifle is the starting weapon of almost EVERY playlist. You don't just change that based on a small segment of your playerbase.

I want to know what the "Top Players" feedback was. I also want to know, nay, demand to know why the feedback of "filthy casuals" like myself and the largest portion of your playerbase is completely disregarded even when discussing MAJOR changes to an already old game.
This is pretty good! I'm hyped to see the Summer 2017 Halo Championships! I might even get to go there too!
The issues I had with the AR is that its to powerful. Now it can be used in competitive play if it is nerfed like the halo 1 AR is.

Here re are some more issues I like to see addressed in the future.

1.Nade hit markers need to be removed.
2. Splash damage of nades needs to be reduced.
3. The main utility weapon is random and almost useless long range. Implementing a better starting weapon or introducing a better scope for the pistol would be ideal. I still feel battle rifles are the clear choice, because they are accurate, but some dude the OP, but that's why the battle rifle work so well in competitive play, it always gave you a chance to fight back.
4. Sprint is annoying and with the maps we have now I guessing is a must, but I want a game that is different from COD and Gears. This is why I have played halo so H1. Thrust and clamber is fine and works well with halo universe.
Relax. They are changing it for the HCS playlist (TA) you can enjoy your AR fights in ALL the other playlists.
These changes are going to make a positive impact on the game, your opinion is just not letting you see it.
The opinion of the pro players and the whole competitive community is that Automatic weapons don't take skill to use. So why keep them in competitive.
The opinion of 'casuals' like you and me is disregarded because we do not compete and they are not changing 'casual' or social playlists. As you can see, out of all the people who posted on this topic you are the only one complaining so far.Everyone who plays competitively or just enjoys better competitive settings, like myself, are happy and congratulating 343 for finally changing AR starts after almost 2 years

EDIT: Also, where does this casual vs competitive comes from? It's not like that, like I said yesterday to someone bringing this up too, we should unite as a community, it shouldn't be about what one or the other wants. There should be Social playlists for casual players where they can enjoy the game and all sandbox and 2-3 competitive playlists with settings that are not sugar coated for casuals. But it is not about Casuals vs Competitive. If anything it is the developers responsibility to make sure everyone is happy, the problem so far seems that they've been trying to please everyone by meeting all the settings in the middle ground, which doesn't work for both parties.
This is great news for the summer season. I think it will definitely make the game a little bit more fresh and even. I'm and old head from H2/3 days so I was always used to MLG with no radar but I truly believe you need a radar now that people can sprint around the map and spartan charge (please GOD remove this mechanic). I think the proving grounds radar works pretty well and slows down the game (at least my gameplay anyway).

I'm just wondering if Halo will ever go back to BR starts besides BTB. The H5 pistol is the best/most even pistol ever in the Halo series but as a starting weapon I truly believe its way too weak. The pistol can take anywhere from 5 to sometimes 10+ shots to kill an opponent, especially if there is distance and movement between you. This is extremely frustrating when you spend extra time on a kill because it usually keeps you stationary and forces you to spend extra time in order to reload which usually means death especially in smaller maps like Rig. In H5, usually the person who sees and shoots first wins the battle. Unless you have a really good strafe, which some people do, its very difficult to defend yourself with the Pistol. The BR in my opinion was always the best weapon in the game because it provided the greatest balance of offense in combat and personal defense in most situations. the regular pistols are also really ineffective on maps like Truth (Big Ship) and many distance points on maps like The Rig (Lookout to Nest). Personally, if the starting pistols were more comparable to the Tactical Magnums then I think the problem would be solved. These pistols did wonders for big maps in doubles and the games seems much more even for the scale of most maps in comparison with the BR. If i could have a playlist that focused on Precision Weapons that gave a BR/Pistol start with Carbines, DMRs and LR's and limited auto's and power weapons on the map I would be so happy. Anyone else agree/disagree?

Can't wait to see the new changes in the Summer season, keep up the good work
Bring a event back to New York
Thank you from all of us for listening. This will bring the Halo community way up on the scales.
Wait? So you're removing the AR? Half of the marketing ad for H5 was the "fair starts" (Total BS Stormbreak & Noctus ) and the return of the classic AR Magnum start. Man so now not just half of your marketing was a lie but now everything about it is.
What a great update. Can't wait to play! Everything looks great, but we really need to get rid of radar still. Please and thank you!
I like these changes for the most part. There's a few things I'd like to address if these weapons will be updated and reintroduced in the future.

Assault Rifle
If the Assault Rifle will be reintroduced in the future, I believe the weapon should implemented as a weapon pickup on maps. If it's going to be a starting weapon again, I believe the gun should be nerfed. For example, increased weapon spread and recoil making the gun harder to aim, thus creating a level of skill involved to being able to use the gun effectively in most situations.

Energy Sword
Although I am one of those who really enjoyed using the energy sword on Truth, especially to run flags, I agree that it is overpowered in its nature to increased movement speed. If this weapon is going to be reintroduced in future seasons, there's a few changes to it that I think might work. Now you could take out the increased movement speed out altogether but this would drastically affect the weapon's use in competitive play, although still considered a power weapon. If it's possible, I think making it so that players can no longer sprint with the sword but keeping the increased movement speed at the same time would decrease the weapon's effectiveness.

Splinter Grenade
If Splinter Grenades are going to be reintroduced in future seasons, there's a few changes I think a lot of players would like to see. Right now, the current Splinter Grenade is overpowered and effectively kills players with ease. I think reintroducing Splinter Grenades as Halo 4's iteration of Pulse Grenades could be beneficial as well as accomplishing its intended role of "area denial." Another possible change to the Splinter Grenades is making the damage from a Splinter Grenade weaker. Making it so it would only take away the shields of a player walking through it, much to the same respect as a player receiving damage from a Frag Grenade directly underneath them.

Brute Plasma Rifle
In my honest opinion, I think the Brute Plasma Rifle is okay how it is. I also think it could be a beneficial replacement to the Storm Rifle in competitive play. You guys have already addressed the power of Storm Rifles in-game by decreasing the quantity of Storm Rifles on maps, increasing the weapon's spawn timer as well as making it so that there's only one if its kind on the map at a time. Whereas, similar changes to the Brute Plasma Rifle could be effective as well. I can see either making the same changes that were made to the Storm Rifle be changed in Brute Plasma Rifles, or replacing Storm Rifles on maps with Brute Plasma Rifles because of their ability (or lack of ability) to do effective damage to a player's health but also extremely effective to a player's shields.

Weapon Respawn Timers
I think increasing the timers on all Tier 2 Power Weapons would be extremely beneficial to competitive play. As of right now, a 10 second timer to weapons such as the Scattershot and Shotgun make it so that these weapons are almost always in play at any given point in a game. I think increasing these weapons' respawn timers to at least 30 seconds would be effective because a player can no longer sit idly by waiting for this weapon to respawn while the other team is making a push for map control or kills.

Motion Tracker (Radar)
I think both the Spartan Ability Tracker (Proving Grounds Radar) and No Radar accomplish the same goal, but by the same token I think the Spartan Ability Tracker is more beneficial to competitive play. Both of these versions of radars accomplish the same goal of increased awareness, predictability, and communication between teammates. But the Spartan Ability Tracker can also add another twist to the meta gameplay itself. For instance, if you know that there's an enemy player in your vicinity, you could effectively bait him into thinking you did something predictable or bait him into a 2v1 situation. For example, you could bait a player into thinking you just did a jump that requires the Stabilize ability and make him either backtrack or push you through a predictable area. Or you could have a teammate near you and have him sprint away on the enemy's radar, thus creating the illusion that you were the one running away and then effectively punishing the enemy player for chasing. Although I think the Spartan Ability Tracker is good how it is, I also think decreasing the current range of 25m to the previous 18m could be beneficial to competitive play. For my reasoning behind this decreasing the range of the Spartan Ability Tracker, I'm going to redirect to RyaNoob's opinion video on the Proving Grounds Radar. He states he hasn't played much of the current Spartan Ability Tracker so his stance isn't as strong as it could be. Although he advocates for No Radar over the Proving Grounds Radar, he gives some solid points on his dissatisfaction with the current Spartan Ability Tracker.
https://youtu.be/KzLrxkEZIcM

Some other changes I'd like to see is increased ammo clips to the starting Magnum. I've played many games of No Assault Rifle/Proving Grounds Radar, and my biggest complaint is that I ran out of ammo in my Magnum quite frequently. I don't think an extended Magnum clip would be ideal because it allows a player to be able to get 3 consecutive Perfect Kills without reloading, which requires skill but also makes the gun overpowered since it will be the main utility weapon. Extra ammo clips would help tremendously. I would also like to see hit markers removed because it gives an extra advantage for players to know where an enemy is without using any other skill senses.

I've also seen many replies to this post complaining about spartan abilities, specifically Spartan Charge. I don't think Spartan Charge is overpowered at all. If you watch competitive Halo at its highest level, Spartan Charge is not a mechanic that can be abused and used in many situations and it's evident just by watching Pro gameplay how often a Spartan Charge is actually utilized (not often).

Overall, I like the changes so far. Hopefully we can see more updates to the HCS involving feedback from the Top Players in the scene.
Great. Now the Assault Rifle is going to be useless again.
Way to go!
I especially enjoy how you aren't even trying to sugarcoat it though:
Quote:
We know many of you have been anxiously awaiting updates on map and gametype settings for the Summer 2017 Season of the HCS, and today we’re happy to get into some details. Immediately following the Halo World Championship 2017 Finals, our team has been on a mission to collect and document as much player feedback from top players around the world. I want to take a moment to thank all of the players for their detailed input they have provided so far. Since the culmination of the Halo World Championship, the esports team has been meeting with various teams here at 343 (Multiplayer, Sandbox, Data Analysis, and more) to determine next steps for implementing updates.
Yes I'm a casual player in the Arena setting, and obviously since I'm not "good enough" my opinion and experience in a 1+ year old game doesn't matter.
Remember how Halo 5 launched with no social playlists? Forcing casuals into Arena. If you (343i) don't want "filthy casuals" in Arena Competitive playlists, then maybe you should consider launching games with good social playlists.
Quote:
ASSAULT RIFLEPlayers have been providing feedback that the current gameplay around the Assault Rifle has become unfit for competition. After extensive review, we have determined that the data supports this feedback. The Assault Rifle’s effectiveness is similar across a wide range of skill levels, which is not intended. As a result, the weapon will not be featured in competitive play during the Summer 2017 season. We’re actively evaluating best ways to update the weapon and reintroduce into competitive play once the weapon has been retuned and tested.
What does that even mean?! You did not intend it to be effective?
It's not! It's just useful in close quarters combat! Ever tried sniping someone across the map with an AR? It's basically only possible if the enemy disregards strafing! Same applies in mid-range. If you get AR'd to death in mid range it's because:
1) Someone got the drop on you. You weren't paying attention.
2) You disregarded strafing.
It's an assault rifle, and yes, it is effective at close range. What else would it be?! Why is the AR in the game, if not to be effective in close range?
That's like saying the Shotgun should be removed because it is effective in close range.

The Assault Rifle is the starting weapon of almost EVERY playlist. You don't just change that based on a small segment of your playerbase.

I want to know what the "Top Players" feedback was. I also want to know, nay, demand to know why the feedback of "filthy casuals" like myself and the largest portion of your playerbase is completely disregarded even when discussing MAJOR changes to an already old game.
Sadly our opinions don't matter and the AR and the other autos will probably nerfed into the ground and become useless.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13