7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 13
Apoll0 wrote:
Kaioken wrote:
Necr0tiq wrote:
umju wrote:
The best radar setting is no radar.
You need a radar for how quick this game is compared to other Halo's. Keep the old radar and once ARs are out it'll be much better.
are delusional? Reach/H4 had jetpacks and evades in competitive and they didnt need Radar... people who say 'halo 5 is fast' didnt play H2/3 in its prime at top tier gameplay, i can say the same with Reach when it had both sprint and no sprint settings... quit using that 'we have spartan charge and clamber therefore we need radar'... no, use your headsets and map awareness
Overall I agree. The time it takes to get from one of the the map to another is generally the same or greater than an equivalent map in prior games (think truth vs midship). There is a great GIF out there that shows this. Since the maps have been stretched to accomodate for sprint, and people can't move at max speed when shooting or just playing carefully, map traversal actually takes longer on average.

However....

I still find the SA tracker to be favorable over no radar at all and there are 2 things to blame:
1) Spartan Charge. this mechanic is awful and without radar it gets a real buff. Sure you can hear it coming, but without a radar that shows EXACTLY where, you still have to turn, see the guy sprinting, then thrust out of the way. Its cheap and unskilled. With SA radar you can read radar real quick and thrust out of the way.
2) The spint-thrust-slide-jump combo. This allows map traversal at a much greater speed than ever before, even with the stretched map size. if slide immediately started to slow you down instead of accelerating you, it wouldnt be a problem.

Remove spartan charge and "break" the above combo as soon as slide hits and suddenly no radar is viable. But until then, having played both, i prefer SA radar and i am sad to say that but for Halo 5 thats the truth. Hopefully some mechanical fixes come out for Halo 6 that make that not the case.
Thust slide I have no answer for but spartan charge has a toggle that should be set to off. I get that it can have minor nuances for map movement in the hands of an extremely skilled player but holy -Yoink- its so annoying when someone turns a corner slams into you and you cant even melee back because it throws you away from them. Offensively it needs a nerf at the very least because its so rewarding when it hits someone it doesn't really make sense. Not to mention all of the aim assist it has. If it were me I'd probably remove all aim assist on spartan charge and remove the knock back effect it has and call it a day.
Mythikron wrote:
EvH Shaggy wrote:
This is the best thing to happen to Halo in a long time. I wouldn't even reintroduce the weapons. A lot of the update is things we have been asking for for a year and a half now. Good stuff!
You would seriously ditch two of the most iconic weapons in video game history? Or just for HCS-type stuff?
I'm saying ditch it for whatever this playlist turns out to be. It would be great if they made it a separate playlist like the pro playlists used to be. Only bad thing is dividing the player base further which I'm sure they don't want to do.
I wish they would just put this out right about now. I have tomorrow off and I'm chomping at the bit for this update.
EvH Shaggy wrote:
I wish they would just put this out right about now. I have tomorrow off and I'm chomping at the bit for this update.
I don't know why but when they announced on Saturday I immediately thought 'Monday' will be the day. <\3
EvH Shaggy wrote:
I don't know why but when they announced on Saturday I immediately thought 'Monday' will be the day. <\3
Yea I think that's what everyone thought :(
Thanks for the feedback, Josh. I found this part especially interesting:
Quote:
Does the pistol have enough ammo?
We are definitely aware of this concern. We are going to be observing this aspect closely as we evaluate whether the settings need additional tuning.
Wouldn't have expected tweaks to ammo count being discussed. Is the team open to other changes too, like creating a 2x zoom Pistol (no ADS) for Halo 6? I feel like that could help with lower levels of play without drastically impacting higher skilled players.
All perfect but I really want the BR start back again, for the radar not interested me use the new proving ground radar or no . For the casual players the game had many playlists to play with AR start one of all become only Pistol etc. don't play or learn play with the new rules.
H5 BR is to powerful on a lot of arena maps. The pistol works better in a lot of arena playlists because it takes a bit more skill to aim with it compared to the H5 BR and it's RR range is not to large either for the size of the maps in ranked playlists like team arena.
I think all of these changes with the exception of the Brute Plasma Rifle are pandering to the Elite 1% and will be disastrous for regular players such as myself. You've effectively changed the ENTIRE game in one update inti an unrecognisable husk of it's former self.

Screw MLG, Halo is for the average players not cry-baby MLG players who throw a hissy fit over the game not being good enough for them.

If anything, the Motion Tracker update is absolutely ridiculous, I didn't even touch proving grounds because of it. I hope you people remember who your main audience and consumers are again, and fast, you're going to turn Halo into the most generic FPS game ever LIKE COD!

This post has been hidden.

All perfect but I really want the BR start back again, for the radar not interested me use the new proving ground radar or no . For the casual players the game had many playlists to play with AR start one of all become only Pistol etc. don't play or learn play with the new rules.
Love how you say " don't play or learn to rules" we don't want to have to get yelled at by you tryhards in every match! stop trying to force us to play your stupid settings.

The BR is to OP. Actually go play BTB and go ask people about it. BR's as ruined BTB and when played in the beta it was universally agreed that BR starts would not work out well at all.
i don't care about you I only want one tryhard playlist only 1 from 19. Why are you so egoist and this one playlist must become with what you prefer???!!!
Because then you ask for more and more. You'll keep pushing until every playlist is cater to what you want.
No i only want this one.
You say you want one but in reality you want more.
Are you even listening to yourself?

someone mentioned 19 as the number of hoppers earlier so i'll just reference that..
you have 19 hoppers. Competitive-oriented players have, what, 0? (using these new settings as a reference)

How is it fair that you get 19 while we get 0? you talk of fairness but ignore how immensely unfair this is..
Then your argument against us having 1 playlist, is that we'll want "more", where we've been satisfied with a single playlist for years (MLG/pro hoppers) so not only is that a horrible mindset to have, but it's also false!

Your concern over whether a hopper exists in social or not is irrelevant as they can add them at any time to any segment of MM. Frankly theres too much in Ranked as it is. There should only be Ranked Arena, Doubles, and FFA with slayer and the rest getting relegated to Social. Give every hopper it's own rank (like H3 military ranks) so there's still a sense of progression and boom you're done but that's a different discussion. point is, whether slayer exists only in ranked or not doesn't matter, they could always add (or move) it to social.

idontgetit.jpg
Unknown wrote:
I think all of these changes with the exception of the Brute Plasma Rifle are pandering to the Elite 1% and will be disastrous for regular players such as myself. You've effectively changed the ENTIRE game in one update inti an unrecognisable husk of it's former self.

Screw MLG, Halo is for the average players not cry-baby MLG players who throw a hissy fit over the game not being good enough for them.

If anything, the Motion Tracker update is absolutely ridiculous, I didn't even touch proving grounds because of it. I hope you people remember who your main audience and consumers are again, and fast, you're going to turn Halo into the most generic FPS game ever LIKE COD!
How can they change the entire game while this update is going to affect one and only one playlist which is PG ?
Also they said that if (and only if) the population likes it it will migrate to Team Arena only (which makes sense since it is the game mode for the HCS)
I agree with Kooks46. If these changes seem to be "pandering for the elite 1%" it is because they are. The only difference is that it is more than just the "elite", it is the entire competitive community, Pro players, AM players, Sweaty Arena players, HCS viewers. These changes also, according to Josh Menke, are not affecting other playlists. Just PROVING GROUNDS, and once the settings are solid, they will bring the to TEAM ARENA or Create a Separate HCS playlist.
So, what's wrong with giving the "1%" ONE playlists out of around +15 Playlists + Warzone?The competitive side of Halo is more than just a 1% and it certainly is just as big and as important as the rest of the community. Stop trying to make this a Social vs Competitive War. If ONE playlist in the game is too sweaty, there's a bunch of other hoppers you can enjoy. There's no need to be ague over this.

And if anything, since 343 took over with H4 they've accommodated many "generic' changes to Halo in order to make the game more friendly for the general public(although it all started with Bungie's Reach).

But it's ok, I don't mind, as long as there's ONE playlist that stays true to what competitive Halo has always been I'll be happy.
good stuff all around... do this to Team arena plz!!
Everything is great. No radar please!!!
kaykx wrote:
Quote:
The Assult Rifle's effectiveness is similar across a wide range of skill levels, which is not intended.
Isn't that the point of starting weapons? Being usefull enough for all players to use, regardless of skill level? And before you say: "the AR takes no skill, just spray and pray" it is more complicated than that. In general, automatics require to remain in an effective range, ammo management, and exceptional accuracy. This is true for both auto and precision weapons.
Firstly, I'm a casual player, a little more competitive in my own circles, but mostly casual, so I do like my Halo reasonably accessible.

Now, to address your first statement, due to the relative range of most encounters, which is for the most part impacted upon by the fact that a lot of encounters on most arena maps will take place in tighter quarters (especially considering that players without precision weapons should stick to smaller rooms or areas with sufficient cover), automatic weapons in Halo 5 perform well above the average that is established in previous titles.

Now, I like the fact that the automatic weapons are actually useable right now, but I totally agree that they need some minor tweaking to really make their effective range stand out and cement their role in the sandbox; right now there is a little bit too much overlap into Halo's typical medium range territory if you ask me.

Instead of making major changes to the performance of automatic weapons, I propose that they all have their aim assistance angle (how far you can be off-target and still land a hit) reduced, so that they require a fair amount of accuracy even in close quarters.

If you want a good example on how effective such a small tweak can be, just compare the handling of the BR and the Light Rifle. The Light Rifle requires a greater deal of accuracy in order to use it effectively, especially when you compare it to the BR, which is much more forgiving to handle.

Quote:
If you think playing social playlists or Warzone is a solution, there is a problem with that as well. If you want to play FFA or just plain slayer you can't, and everyone who plays Warzone, knows that it doesn't take long for the AR to be outclassed by the SMG and other automatics.
I don't understand what you are saying about not being able to play social FFA or Slayer, unless you're talking about population.

Automatic weapon balance isn't the problem when it comes to Warzone, it's the design of Warzone itself.

I'm going to go on a bit of a tangent here, but Warzone is essentially a MOBA-FPS hybrid with all of the worst aspects of MMO game design (power scaling), with a Halo theme. Enemy health and damage is generally higher than it should be in regards to the rest of the sandbox and this is mostly to justify the existence of most of the exclusive REQ weapons, as well as to instill a sense of difficulty (which is actually false difficulty).

Enemy AI is also considerably worse than in Campaign, although Halo 5's AI in general feels a cut below that of Halo Reach.

Lastly, Warzone maps are huge, and most encounters take place over medium to long range, so automatic weapons almost completely lose their purpose here.

I think that the Halo sandbox has a way to go before it really hits a sweet spot.
Love how you say " don't play or learn to rules" we don't want to have to get yelled at by you tryhards in every match! stop trying to force us to play your stupid settings.

The BR is to OP. Actually go play BTB and go ask people about it. BR's as ruined BTB and when played in the beta it was universally agreed that BR starts would not work out well at all.
i don't care about you I only want one tryhard playlist only 1 from 19. Why are you so egoist and this one playlist must become with what you prefer???!!!
Because then you ask for more and more. You'll keep pushing until every playlist is cater to what you want.
No i only want this one.
You say you want one but in reality you want more.
This is not true. Competitive players want/need ONE playlist, we do not want "more". Stop making this a "Social vs Competitive communities".
We just want a true HCS playlist and maybe bring some tweaks to FFA so that it is not as bad(nothing to drastic). But the reality is that the majority of players that want these changes in the HCS playlist never/rarely play Breakout, Ranked Snipers, BTB, Warzone, or Griffball or SWAT or any other playlist and we definitely couldn't care less about what the rules are in those gamemodes.
I'll never go and post my "thoughts" about making social more competitive... it's dumb.
I have like +30 days in Arena and I'd say 65% of that is TA, 15% and the rest social.
But we don't "grind" other playlists enough to care for changes.
Great. Now the Assault Rifle is going to be useless again.
Way to go!
I especially enjoy how you aren't even trying to sugarcoat it though:
Quote:
We know many of you have been anxiously awaiting updates on map and gametype settings for the Summer 2017 Season of the HCS, and today we’re happy to get into some details. Immediately following the Halo World Championship 2017 Finals, our team has been on a mission to collect and document as much player feedback from top players around the world. I want to take a moment to thank all of the players for their detailed input they have provided so far. Since the culmination of the Halo World Championship, the esports team has been meeting with various teams here at 343 (Multiplayer, Sandbox, Data Analysis, and more) to determine next steps for implementing updates.
Yes I'm a casual player in the Arena setting, and obviously since I'm not "good enough" my opinion and experience in a 1+ year old game doesn't matter.
Remember how Halo 5 launched with no social playlists? Forcing casuals into Arena. If you (343i) don't want "filthy casuals" in Arena Competitive playlists, then maybe you should consider launching games with good social playlists.
Quote:
ASSAULT RIFLEPlayers have been providing feedback that the current gameplay around the Assault Rifle has become unfit for competition. After extensive review, we have determined that the data supports this feedback. The Assault Rifle’s effectiveness is similar across a wide range of skill levels, which is not intended. As a result, the weapon will not be featured in competitive play during the Summer 2017 season. We’re actively evaluating best ways to update the weapon and reintroduce into competitive play once the weapon has been retuned and tested.
What does that even mean?! You did not intend it to be effective?
It's not! It's just useful in close quarters combat! Ever tried sniping someone across the map with an AR? It's basically only possible if the enemy disregards strafing! Same applies in mid-range. If you get AR'd to death in mid range it's because:
1) Someone got the drop on you. You weren't paying attention.
2) You disregarded strafing.
It's an assault rifle, and yes, it is effective at close range. What else would it be?! Why is the AR in the game, if not to be effective in close range?
That's like saying the Shotgun should be removed because it is effective in close range.

The Assault Rifle is the starting weapon of almost EVERY playlist. You don't just change that based on a small segment of your playerbase.

I want to know what the "Top Players" feedback was. I also want to know, nay, demand to know why the feedback of "filthy casuals" like myself and the largest portion of your playerbase is completely disregarded even when discussing MAJOR changes to an already old game.
Point 1: On Mercy, when I 5 a guy with a magnum from top mid while he's down by sniper/OS and he kills me at the exact same time and we're both full shield, then the ASSAULT RIFLE IS TOO EFFECTIVE!!!!!!!!!!
Point 2: If a little punk Spartan charges you while you also melee him and you have anything out besides a SMG or AR, or STORM RIFLE you are going to die 9/10. That is flat out ridiculous.

Point 3: If you are hit twice with a magnum or BR and you get confronted at mid range or even further with a AR you have to hit every shot in order to survive. The Autos in this game force the (BETTER) player to lay perfect shots on a person or a team using Autos.

The list goes on why autos in this game are too buffed and why it will result In a better team arena.
I wish I knew exactly when the update is so I can Start it then play it 8 hours later lol. Crappy wifi :(
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Please remove the shotgun from Breakout!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 13