Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Any advice on getting better at Halo 5

OP Wasureta7267

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I have been playing halo all of my life I’m good at the campaigns and warzone game modes but when it comes to pvp I’m lacking in the skill so if anyone could give me some advice that would be great
Here are some channels to help get you started:

Shyway

Paradise Halo

HCS Saiyan
Always aim on the head.
Here are some channels to help get you started:

Shyway

Paradise Halo

HCS Saiyan
Watching youtubers like these are very good. Reclaimer and Proximitty have some very good tips videos also.

I also suggest (I suggest this to everyone trying to improve) playing normal customs with your friends. Other people that are at your skill level.
Always aim on the head.
Bruh
I have been playing halo all of my life I’m good at the campaigns and warzone game modes but when it comes to pvp I’m lacking in the skill so if anyone could give me some advice that would be great
Start slow on social
Play octagon a lot and YouTube the rest
Practicing map movement in customs before u play matchmaking. Work your jumps and reticle placement (look where they will be before they are there), find someone slightly better then u to buddy with do octagon for a hour or two a day better to do it before matchmaking this allows you to implement and improve your strafing skills. And watch pros on twitch the way you become the best is play like the best it doesn't hurt to have a good headset and elite remote to give u better hearing and prevent joysticks from sticking slightly better accuracy. Find halo communities to join up like the one I'm in where u have alot of ppl to learn from and play competitively with and against each other. There is probably some stuff I'm forgetting but that's a good start
Do custom browser PvP for warmups, don’t immediately go into ranked and just start off in quick play, it’s slayer but unranked and always use your boost in fights
Always aim on the head.
This is a common misconception, you only need to shoot the head once the enemies shields are broken. Why aim for the smallest part of the enemy when you can shoot their body first.

Identify what you are struggling with the most and assess why you lose a scrim in those situations. Don’t worry about cool map tricks as they’re not going to help you if you can’t kill the enemy at the end of it.

The way I improved was to:

1. Identify the realistic sensitivity that works best for you.
  2. Try to stay calm and not get emotionally invested if you’re losing or lost an encounter.
  3. Replay your match if you had a bad game, see what you did wrong in terms of map movement.
  4. Replay a good game to see why you did so well and how you can replicate that.
  5. Persevere. Improvements don’t always happen overnight, improvements are subtle.
  6. Be sure to take a couple of minutes for a break in between games every now and then, honestly stretch and move your arms and legs for two minutes to get your blood flowing as it is a natural way of increasing focus and awareness. It will also help you feel better too.
  7. Be sure to check your settings on controller (if not using KBM). Such as vibration (in my personal opinion vibration is simply one of those things that are more of a liability than an asset, so take that into consideration). Dead-zones, does your controller actually require them? If not pop it down to 0. Check that toggle crouch is off. (Hold to crouch allows you to move more fluid). Hold to clamber is personal preference, and so is auto stabilise. I personally use hold to clamber and auto stabilise off.
  8. Octagon warmups are a fantastic idea.
  9. If you get the opportunity to play custom 8’s with friends then absolutely utilise that opportunity!
  10. And now most importantly, be kind on yourself, you are always your harshest critic and you need to cut yourself some slack from time to time and just really appreciate any victories no matter how small they may seem.
I hope these help!
try using a LED suction cup thing you place on the tv. I find it great for hip shots and also turn sensitivity down to under 5
Playing Octagon maps and assasination match
Translator
Start playing octagon, social games to improve your aim, find your best command stability, without fear of success. Enter competitive games with someone else so that you can improve little by little, watch Twitch a lot so you can listen to their communication vocabulary, you are in Esport season this will help you a lot.
This is a real simple tip: Stop running all the time.
While people continuously run everywhere in the map, the person walking will have his reticle already drawn and get the first shot. I'm not saying don't run at all, but if you don't have any of these: map awareness, spawn points, accuracy and outmaneuvering skills, this tip for not running all the time is a simple but a useful tip. Anywhere there's a bend, stop running. Next should be Map awareness and how to get around fast with efficiency. You can tag people and let your teammates handle the kills or that movement can get you to the last shot. Accuracy should be next...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Jugar forma te ayudará
Everyone is good brother, keep getting better with time, you can.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
n / Ada pues que vallas biendo cual es la mejor sensibilidad para ti
Try some custom game lobbies where you can practice on 1v1’s, assassinations, map floating etc
combo novato es lo mejor y nunca falla jaja
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Yo también tenía el mismo problema. Mira lo que yo hice y si que me ayudado a mejorar es los controles, te recomiendo demasiado las configuraciones de control Saltarín - Reconocimiento con estos controles se te van a facilitar muchos movimiento avanzados. Prueba Zona muerta interior y Zona muerta Exterior estos pueden hacer un gran cambio en tu movimiento de cámara y tu puntería, módica también la aceleración... Esto te hará ágil y mejorarán tus reflejoz ,muchos jugadores PRO usan una aceleración alta y sensibilidad baja, así son ágiles y precisos en sus tiros. Lo demás es práctica, estrategia y experiencia.
yea. dont quit any games and just take the opportunity to learn when you run into very good players over and over... Even if it means you are trying so hard but keep losing. but you will naturally get better. The more jumps you learn on the maps the better. Learn what points are best to hold down in objective game modes. Learn call outs so you and your team can be on the same page. Also a higher sense is not always better. I recommend turning dead zones to 0%. OH and power ups respawn every 2mins once they are popped and used. for example. *Me Grabbing Camo @ 9:45* the next time camo will respawn is 7:45. you can use that to your advantage in game. Happy Gaming!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2