Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

[Locked] Brief HCS Settings Update

OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Hey guys, thanks for all of your feedback and responses. We have been reading each bit of it.

We're still in the process of testing settings and making tuning updates to weapons, so things are not locked in place.

We got feedback from pros on last season's settings via survey, and are currently working to address a number of items on each of the maps. We'll be starting with Slayer, and these will be added to the playlist next week.

We also have a new survey out to pros based on what's in the playlist right now - Oddball and BR/Gunfighter. On Monday, we'll collect all of results and go over it with the team.

We are definitely listening, and your feedback does matter. With Thanksgiving tomorrow, there's more work to do and conversations to be had about this all, so we'll be able to provide another update on Monday.

Thanks, Happy Thanksgiving!
There isnt anything to be discussed. Give us back the magnum starts and throw in new NEW maps. Use forge maps from the community not these -Yoink- 343 made maps. Its simple, man.
Thank you, I really hope that you really listen to the pros. I’m hoping for some reflection and adjustments, and for a great worlds 2018.

happy thanksgiving everyone
New maps. Community forge maps like back in the day pls.
oh Bump wrote:
There isnt anything to be discussed. Give us back the magnum starts and throw in new NEW maps. Use forge maps from the community not these -Yoink- 343 made maps. Its simple, man.
Forge maps can't be used.
oh Bump wrote:
I was wondering how long it would take to see some awesome "constructive" feedback. Apparently not long at all. Keep it up Josh, get all the data you need and make the necessary adjustments based on feedback. Just don't make a decision immediately because either 343 wants something pushed in HCS or because the community is complaining like 12 year olds who let go of their balloons. Looking forward to the final results. Happy Thanksgiving.
oh Bump wrote:
Have to disagree with the idea of adding forge maps to the playlist. I would rather see Tyrant, Torque, Stasis, etc get thrown into the mix before some ugly forge map. Just one man's opinion.
I'm glad an official response was made. The settings need to be heavily reevaluated. I think oddball plays pretty well but the weapon "tuning" really throws a wrench in the game play.
oh Bump wrote:
Forge maps can't be used.
The only thing stopping Forge maps being used is extensive testing to ensure the frame rate never dips below 60. They are completely capable of running on the developer kits, as seen myself in person last year.

The developer kit argument won't even be relevant for the upcoming season thanks to the LAN tool just released.
We appreciate the update and that you are listening.
Well it's no secret how the pros feel about the changes:

Overgrowth Oddball is bad (because overgrowth is bad
The rifle tunings miss the mark,
  • Spread and cadence of makes BR feel bad
  • Why put spread on the carbine?
  • Why nerf the DMR to oblivion
The magnum starts need to return. It's in a good place. It's ok if it is more efficient than the other rifles. Use their unique attributes to make them desirable. The BR burst and aim assists make it ideal for suppressing and descoping. The DMR has an advantage when crossmaping etc. It's not all about TTKs.
gunfighter is worthless.
Melee lunge on the Oddball is ridiculous.
Veeg wrote:
oh Bump wrote:
I was wondering how long it would take to see some awesome "constructive" feedback. Apparently not long at all. Keep it up Josh, get all the data you need and make the necessary adjustments based on feedback. Just don't make a decision immediately because either 343 wants something pushed in HCS or because the community is complaining like 12 year olds who let go of their balloons. Looking forward to the final results. Happy Thanksgiving.
we have all waited long enough to be "listened to." a majority of the community myself obviously included is put up with these guys at 343 pretending they care and listen. its time for some actual changes that we are asking for rather than the "devs know best" strategy. nobody would be posting on waypoint or angrily ranting on twitter/elsewhere if we didnt care ab the game anymore. a lot of people genuinely appreciate the effort 343 has shown they have just unhappy with the way theyre using it.
What a vague post and a waste of time. You shouldn’t have bothered with such an update and instead saved it for next week when you actually had tangible changes to discuss.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
What specifically is a "Pro" - qualification to be included in the HCS settings survey?
Just HCS LAN tournament competitors? Anyone who is/was Champion rank? Or all Elite players ranked within Top 1% global stats (HaloTracker)?
Wish we could revert time back 2 months.
- Magnum starts ONLY.
- Nerf H2A BR enough for it be a viable pickup weapon (for example on truth have a H2A BR in both bottom bases).
- Blue and Black nades ONLY.
- Radar needs to revert back to the HCS radar we had.
Also, with Oddball;
- 150 score limit (time limit the same).
- Eden needs to happen.
- 2nd and final map is tough, possibly Rig or even Plaza.
*Bringing oddball in will substitute SH meaning a fresh year of HCS and no more Empire (long overdue)*

These settings should make everyone happy and even the pros. Any feed back is welcome
oh Bump wrote:
Veeg wrote:
oh Bump wrote:
we have all waited long enough to be "listened to." a majority of the community myself obviously included is put up with these guys at 343 pretending they care and listen. its time for some actual changes that we are asking for rather than the "devs know best" strategy. nobody would be posting on waypoint or angrily ranting on twitter/elsewhere if we didnt care ab the game anymore. a lot of people genuinely appreciate the effort 343 has shown they have just unhappy with the way theyre using it.
I know everyone wants to be heard and taken seriously when giving feedback. I am also saying that no one wants to listen to someone who is venting frustrations. Calm down for a second, think about what you don't like and how you think it could be fixed, then post the results here. While you are getting annoyed with 343 "not listening" to you, the rest of us are getting annoyed at not being able to hear anything except you.
I think the Halo Community is experiencing a crisis we have not seen before. There are so many people out there who are passionate about Halo and only want what is best. When people don't see things going the way they had hoped, they get upset and angry. So unfortunately this is overpowering amongst the community right now. This element has always existed. But I'd say it's a lot more vocal now. Especially with current and former pro players publicly stating how the overall track record of 343i hasn't been the best and that they're fed up with it.
I chose to remain hopeful that all of you at 343 Industries are listening to our feedback and will make the right decisions from here on out and together, we can grow the Halo Franchise to unprecedented heights. By now Halo should be the biggest fps Esport that exists, there's no reason why it shouldn't be. But we suffered and continue to suffer from a decline in population, in investor interest, in media interest... everything really.
Right now is a do or die moment not just for the HCS, but for the Halo Franchise as a whole. A one million dollar Halo tournament is going to spark some media attention. But it's not enough to solve the long term problems the franchise has been facing. Considering this downward trend over the years, I'm guessing that the interest from the Xbox team has been declining as well. Which may have led to a decline in funding overall from Microsoft since Halo is not the big drawer to Xbox that it used to be. This is all speculation and not based off any statistics and such things would be strictly confidential, but my point is this, the Halo Franchise is continuing a gradual decline and we've hit the crucial moment where we can turn things around and get back on top or we continue the trend and slowly fade away.

After seeing the hype and possibly sales figures on Call of Duty world war ll and a desire from the community for Halo to return to its roots, I can see why the current weapon tuning has been implemented and I like this direction. But it is not without problems and I am happy to see more transparency from 343 industries in acknowledging feedback from the community like this and working hard to improve all aspects of the game. This is going to be a daunting task, not just for 343 industries, but for everyone who is involved in the Halo Community. We have to do our best to collaborate together. But I think this is really hard for 343 industries to do overall because the Halo Community is so diverse.(HCS,forgers,campaign players,grifballl,customs,firefight,warzone etc..) So I propose that a community spokesperson program be implemented. Where volunteers will gather all the intel they can from the communities they represent and submit reports and/or schedule virtual meetings with employees at 343 industries so that people like Dr. Menke can focus more on the behind the scenes aspect of the job, and passionate members of the community can more clearly define the concerns of the individual communities that they represent. I'd volunteer my time to do such a thing, taking an active role in ensuring the success of Halo would be a dream come true for me and I'm sure many others share this sentiment. I hope this is considered by someone at 343 industries reading my post.
Thanks for reading and keep up the good work <3
ZaedynFel wrote:
Hey guys, thanks for all of your feedback and responses. We have been reading each bit of it.
We're still in the process of testing settings and making tuning updates to weapons, so things are not locked in place.
We got feedback from pros on last season's settings via survey, and are currently working to address a number of items on each of the maps. We'll be starting with Slayer, and these will be added to the playlist next week.
We also have a new survey out to pros based on what's in the playlist right now - Oddball and BR/Gunfighter. On Monday, we'll collect all of results and go over it with the team.
We are definitely listening, and your feedback does matter. With Thanksgiving tomorrow, there's more work to do and conversations to be had about this all, so we'll be able to provide another update on Monday.
Thanks, Happy Thanksgiving!
Another non-statement. What a surprise. How many times can you say "we're listening to your feedback and what you say matters" without actually acting on anything? Its the same recycled statement after every season of HCS with no meaningful change. I'm sure you have a million excuses at the ready to explain away the continual eroding of the playerbase. Can't wait to hear them.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3