Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Competitive Esports On PC

OP impledob

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Do you think there will me much of competitive scene when Halo comes to PC and if so which game do you think will be the most active (Halo:CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, ODST, Reach, or Halo 4?)
I think it depends on how well MCC is going to sell on PC, plus its player base in the next months after launch.
For the game, I think Halo 2 and 3 are going to share the crown, followed by Reach and than Halo 4.
While classic gameplay is still the most appealing, Reach will have its own “fanbase” for those who want a mix of classic and new. Halo 4 will be populated by people that want an experience similar to 5
Halo 2 already has a 4v4 competitive scene on PC just fyi.
I think that there’s going to be a resurgence of Halo players coming back to the franchise with the pc port. I also think a lot of players new to the halo series will be playing as well. As others have said, it really depends on how the sales go. Competitive gaming is huge right now and I think if nothing else the MCC port will get everybody amped for Infinite and we might see a competitive scene there.
I haven't played on console in ages but always loved Halo hearing it come to PC warms my heart and I would love for competitive play to become a big thing for the Halo PC community and I hope they continue to release newer games to PC but I guess that is probably dependant on sales
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I think it will explode in popularity. should give the halo esports a major injection.
Halo 2 already has a 4v4 competitive scene on PC just fyi.
That icon made me laugh so hard while I read your post. Lol
I do believe that they will add a competitive scene, pc is just made for it, However, if your talking about real high up, 343 would gladly support both but there is going to become a point where the pros might start either migrating to pc or staying on Xbox, diminishing the popularity of a pro scene on the other. (Just Speculation)
I do believe that they will add a competitive scene, pc is just made for it, However, if your talking about real high up, 343 would gladly support both but there is going to become a point where the pros might start either migrating to pc or staying on Xbox, diminishing the popularity of a pro scene on the other. (Just Speculation)
well the majority of them will migrate to pc unless of course they arent that good. pc brings out your full potential :D
impledob wrote:
Do you think there will me much of competitive scene when Halo comes to PC and if so which game do you think will be the most active (Halo:CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, ODST, Reach, or Halo 4?)
Is better for Halo competitive solo on Xbox
impledob wrote:
not gonna lie but i kinda hope not cause it will ruin the competitive controller halo scene by drawing pc players and more to watch the halo esports for being on pc and not console.
I think Reach will be most active at first once it comes out because it'll be the first one out. After that, probably 2 and then 3.
Comp scene: yes

What do i think will be the popular game for esports: 3

What do i want to be the popular esport: 2

It would be nice if actual LAN functionality is included as this is what makes or breaks an esport here in Australia
For someone that was in the scene during h2/h3 as a player, pro coach, or doing freelance work for MLG, I am glad to see this resurgence for the franchise. Being able to play these classic titles on pc will bring a whole new class of pc gamers. And I know the older communities in halo 1/2 are really looking forward to the capabilities of PC.
For someone that was in the scene during h2/h3 as a player, pro coach, or doing freelance work for MLG, I am glad to see this resurgence for the franchise. Being able to play these classic titles on pc will bring a whole new class of pc gamers. And I know the older communities in halo 1/2 are really looking forward to the capabilities of PC.
Yes but the people prefer Xbox HCS
I can honestly see halo 2 and/or 3 being the top contenders for pc competitive play. Personally I prefer the maps and small techniques of Halo 2 (in terms of competitive play) so I hope that it becomes the most populated, but it wouldn't surprise me if Halo 3 ended up taking the cake.
Huge halo reach guy, but Halo 3 will most likely take the cake if there is any comp scene on pc.
Massello01 wrote:
Yes but the people prefer Xbox HCS
I would say more people just prefer controller HCS. As something to be truly competitive, all the extra bells and whistles of pc, add to that. It will only make for better playability and watch ability.
There's definitely a market for it, regardless of whether or not it takes off in 343/MS's hands or the players' hands. It'll probably depend on sales numbers, but I assume there will be at least one trial tournament or something similar to test the waters early on. As for which one will be most popular, most likely 3.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2