Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Competitive Esports On PC

OP impledob

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
When it comes to esports, it's up to funding from the developer for tournaments. As someone who spent a lot of time in the competitive TF2 scene, even if you have a good competitive game and a passionate community you aren't going to become much of an esport unless you get the kickstart of tournament funding. Or on the opposite, many pros have said in private OW isn't as good an esport game relative to their pre-OW games (TF2, CS, Quake) but it was well funded and marketed so it has a huge league now.
halo 2 and halo 3 I think they will have more impact
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss modded content.
I think there will be a competitive scene focusing on, if I had to speculate, Halo 3 (although H2A is where it's at IMHO, only thing holding it back is low number of maps). Probably not a big esports scene with tourneys and prize pools, but a lively community.
Nah it won't be that big.
impledob wrote:
Do you think there will me much of competitive scene when Halo comes to PC and if so which game do you think will be the most active (Halo:CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, ODST, Reach, or Halo 4?)
I've actually already heard that Microsoft/343 are working with PC pros to get the scene started. So I think it is safe to say that this will happen. As for popularity, probably Halo 3. I would love to see Reach kick off, but the peak competitive scene was 3. It also has the best complimenting gameplay. Halo 5 is dreadful for comp play. This is why HCS has moved back to Halo 3.
impledob wrote:
Do you think there will me much of competitive scene when Halo comes to PC and if so which game do you think will be the most active (Halo:CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, ODST, Reach, or Halo 4?)
I know some guys who host Halo 1 and Halo 2 tournies online and lan on PC with both controller competitions and keyboard/mouse. HW/HW2 has some good stuff too. Leaderboards/challenges for SA/SS counts too right? Fun stuff. There's another one I can't talk about here but it has good stuff too. Ho! Ho! H:O!
Dema117 wrote:
For someone that was in the scene during h2/h3 as a player, pro coach, or doing freelance work for MLG, I am glad to see this resurgence for the franchise. Being able to play these classic titles on pc will bring a whole new class of pc gamers. And I know the older communities in halo 1/2 are really looking forward to the capabilities of PC.
Yes but the people prefer Xbox HCS
Speak for yourself, I think Halo on PC will be the most fun esport to watch for sure!
Dema117 wrote:
For someone that was in the scene during h2/h3 as a player, pro coach, or doing freelance work for MLG, I am glad to see this resurgence for the franchise. Being able to play these classic titles on pc will bring a whole new class of pc gamers. And I know the older communities in halo 1/2 are really looking forward to the capabilities of PC.
Speak for yourself, I think Halo on PC will be the most fun esport to watch for sure!
It will be fun if the movement mechanics don't feel sluggish or slow. Being a Competitive CSGO player, movements and pace of the game really matters. Fortnite even though it has critics, has superb movement mechanics.
I know I am personally extremely interest and want to get a team together to play professionally. I'll be shooting for Halo 3 and/or Halo 2
AwakeRelax wrote:
Dema117 wrote:
It will be fun if the movement mechanics don't feel sluggish or slow. Being a Competitive CSGO player, movements and pace of the game really matters. Fortnite even though it has critics, has superb movement mechanics.
It does have very good movement I will give you that, but that is about the only good thing about its "game" and as far as the "competitive scene" goes, I compete in Fortnite and let me tell you it is quite literally the worst experience and joke of a "game" that I have ever played, and I hate every single minute of it but money is money unfortunately.
AwakeRelax wrote:
Dema117 wrote:
It does have very good movement I will give you that, but that is about the only good thing about its "game" and as far as the "competitive scene" goes, I compete in Fortnite and let me tell you it is quite literally the worst experience and joke of a "game" that I have ever played, and I hate every single minute of it but money is money unfortunately.
Lmao at least you realize competitive Fortnite is a joke
I look forward to the competitive part of games. I hope that they help the competitive scene with tournaments 343 hosts.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/3928f141c8e14499a4d33d2ddaa86008/topics/clash-network-competitive-halo-pc-pugs-tourny/7352e4a4-71b8-40e8-a4a2-329e71aa131c/posts
I jumped here to make this same post. I honestly do think the Halo competitive scene will come back full force. It'll sweep twitch, and be one (if not the most) played game on Steam for awhile. If they can partner with ESL (Which is very easy these days. Even F2P games are getting in without issues), then I could easily see MCC going up. Whichever game gets the most attention will start having ladders and Go4 tournaments each Sunday. Once the community floods those for a few months, a challenger league will open. Then you'll have other orgs setting up tournaments (Like Player One Esports). Following that will be a Pro League. That might take more time but, it'll happen.
Shhy Panda wrote:
impledob wrote:
not gonna lie but i kinda hope not cause it will ruin the competitive controller halo scene by drawing pc players and more to watch the halo esports for being on pc and not console.
This is wrong. Better input times on controller to PC and and better pings to connection will only make the scene more appealing and less laggy and have less issues in general. It wont kill the controller scene it will kill the xbox scene by changing the current Pro set ups. It will have no effect on the competitiveness of the game other than making it more reliable and skill based.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2