Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Do we need to bring our own peripherals?

OP Zakspeeeed

I use a gaming keypad, specifically the Razer Tartarus Pro, that allows me to game on keyboard for long sessions to avoid carpel tunnel and hand pain in general. This has worked well for me, but with the new HCS announcement I’m worried that I will not be allow to use this device. Can anyone confirm this for me, or are we able to bring our own peripherals?

This is an important discussion to have as while cases like this are very uncommon, we could see competitors using the Adaptive Controller (I don’t know why, but it’s a possibility that should be considered). So it’d be nice to have clarification on what peripherals are banned and such.
Based on the past, I believed everything will be provide so that either they don't have to do inspection for cheats, hacks, etc. or jus plain don't wanna be responsible for em.
Zakspeeeed wrote:
I use a gaming keypad, specifically the Razer Tartarus Pro, that allows me to game on keyboard for long sessions to avoid carpel tunnel and hand pain in general. This has worked well for me, but with the new HCS announcement I’m worried that I will not be allow to use this device. Can anyone confirm this for me, or are we able to bring our own peripherals?

This is an important discussion to have as while cases like this are very uncommon, we could see competitors using the Adaptive Controller (I don’t know why, but it’s a possibility that should be considered). So it’d be nice to have clarification on what peripherals are banned and such.
Most esports tournaments highly recommend you bring your own mouse, keyboard, and headset. Monitors and PC's are usually given by companies that sponsor the event. In the newest 'Designing the Halo Esports' article, the only thing they've announced that they will provide you with is an ssd with all your settings.
We need to propose plans to create more tournaments of different degrees for both world leaders and players who are just starting or create new ranks to be all recognized.👌🏻