Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

FFA HaloWC 2018 Playlist

OP ZaedynFel

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
HaloWC Free-For-All Playlist

In conjuction with the upcoming HaloWC and Microsoft Store FFA events, we will be replacing the normal Free-For-All playlist with a HaloWC version. The new playlist will feature the exact settings that will be used in the HaloWC live events.

The playlist will be brand new, meaning an all new Rankings leaderboard and new matchmaking ratings (MMRs). It will be a fresh, unbiased shot for every player.

It’s our hope that the playlist can persist as a place to play and scrimmage throughout the remainder of the Halo World Championship season, but we’ll be monitoring overall usage and health closely to ensure the experience remains positive. If we find it works better run in focused windows, we can consider that as an option to make sure the best matches get made.

We are targeting Thursday morning (PST), February 8th for release.

Enjoy the playlist and good luck in the upcoming events!
Thx :D
This is amazing news! Hopefully this playlist draws in a big enough crowd to tighten matchmaking and make ranks feel less frustrating again. Really appreciate you guys taking our feedback into consideration!
HELL YES
YES!
YESSSSSSSS THANK YOU SO MUCH
I competed in a Microsoft store tourney on the 28th, but I still haven’t gotten my Microsoft Store special BR skin. When do I get it
What maps will there be in this playlist and what power weapons will be on maps, if any?
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
What maps will there be in this playlist and what power weapons will be on maps, if any?
Truth - camo in middle, noob combo in bottom car, tac mag in bottom pink
Regret - over shield bottom mid, noob combo top car, boltshot on both red and blue ramps and i think br in each base
Mercy- same as current matchmaking but with HCS settings obviously

i highly doubt there will be any other maps but i hope that there is for more variety
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
What maps will there be in this playlist and what power weapons will be on maps, if any?
Truth - camo in middle, noob combo in bottom car, tac mag in bottom pink
Regret - over shield bottom mid, noob combo top car, boltshot on both red and blue ramps and i think br in each base
Mercy- same as current matchmaking but with HCS settings obviously

i highly doubt there will be any other maps but i hope that there is for more variety
Josh seems to have confirmed on twitter that there's only Truth and Regret. No Mercy.
Netslayor wrote:
I competed in a Microsoft store tourney on the 28th, but I still haven’t gotten my Microsoft Store special BR skin. When do I get it
Yea i competed at and won my local store tourney and haven’t recieved anything online yet either, when i called the lady said 343 issues the prizes 2-6 weeks after the event. At least i got some gift cards :-D
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
What maps will there be in this playlist and what power weapons will be on maps, if any?
Truth - camo in middle, noob combo in bottom car, tac mag in bottom pink
Regret - over shield bottom mid, noob combo top car, boltshot on both red and blue ramps and i think br in each base
Mercy- same as current matchmaking but with HCS settings obviously

i highly doubt there will be any other maps but i hope that there is for more variety
Josh seems to have confirmed on twitter that there's only Truth and Regret. No Mercy.
good because mercy isnt ffa worthy
Yes!!!
Finally!
It took almost a year- but it happened.
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!

One problem: you say that "we’ll be monitoring overall usage and health closely to ensure the experience remains positive."
This seems to be an issue since you will be putting only two maps in rotation. Two maps will get pretty stale pretty quick. It seems like you want this playlist to fail- so you guys can say that you "tried"- but you really didn't.

Only two maps? Come on!

If you really want this playlist to succeed then you will put more maps like Mercy- The Rig- Plaza- Fathom- Eden- Coliseum and Empire in the rotation because personally- I know I want this playlist to succeed and even hopefully replace the non-HCS playlist!
What are the settings used in the HaloWC series again? It's the same as the HCS playlist right? And what maps are being used here, we know yet?
ZaedynFel wrote:
The playlist will be brand new, meaning an all new Rankings leaderboard and new matchmaking ratings (MMRs). It will be a fresh, unbiased shot for every player.
Josh, how much different is the MMR system now from when the HCS playlist debuted? Because I think the initial launch of the HCS playlist would have benefited from Arena ranks carrying over - or at least I think the upside (some representation of skill) outweighed the downside (whatever skill differences the settings changes wouldn't reflect).

If we're getting a "truer" MMR faster then it shouldn't matter as much - but I saw pro players initially qualify as platinum in the HCS playlist - which is bad for everyone.

Would it be fair to say that matches in the first few weeks of this playlist will be less "even" than if the current FFA ranks were pulled over? Maybe it's not feasible to pull the ranks over, or maybe it's not a concern because people get less frustrated in FFA than in team playlists (IMO), but I wanted to bring it up. I just don't want people to try the playlist, be thrown into unwinnable, non-competitive matches, and then never/rarely play the playlist again - and then we hear about how the population is too low to support the playlist.
Yes yes yes!!!!!! Can’t wait to get my hands on this playlist! I love HCS ffa! A lot more fun the normal ffa! Can’t wait to grind this playlist!!!
D M4N8 wrote:
Yes!!!
Finally!
It took almost a year- but it happened.
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!

One problem: you say that "we’ll be monitoring overall usage and health closely to ensure the experience remains positive."
This seems to be an issue since you will be putting only three maps in rotation. Two maps will get pretty stale pretty quick. It seems like you want this playlist to fail- so you guys can say that you "tried"- but you really didn't.

Only two maps? Come on!

If you really want this playlist to succeed then you will put more maps like Mercy- The Rig- Plaza- Fathom- Eden- Coliseum and Empire in the rotation because personally- I know I want this playlist to succeed and even hopefully replace the non-HCS playlist!
You realize it is only these two maps because of the tournament right? Like, please tell me you understand that.
Awesome
D M4N8 wrote:
Yes!!!
Finally!
It took almost a year- but it happened.
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!

One problem: you say that "we’ll be monitoring overall usage and health closely to ensure the experience remains positive."
This seems to be an issue since you will be putting only three maps in rotation. Two maps will get pretty stale pretty quick. It seems like you want this playlist to fail- so you guys can say that you "tried"- but you really didn't.

Only two maps? Come on!

If you really want this playlist to succeed then you will put more maps like Mercy- The Rig- Plaza- Fathom- Eden- Coliseum and Empire in the rotation because personally- I know I want this playlist to succeed and even hopefully replace the non-HCS playlist!
You realize it is only these two maps because of the tournament right? Like, please tell me you understand that.
Yeah, but you know what is going to happen. The kids still playing that don't frequent here or twitter will get real tired of playing on two maps with pistol only starts and the playlist will suffer. Then it will revert back to how it was.
D M4N8 wrote:
Yes!!!
Finally!
It took almost a year- but it happened.
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!

One problem: you say that "we’ll be monitoring overall usage and health closely to ensure the experience remains positive."
This seems to be an issue since you will be putting only three maps in rotation. Two maps will get pretty stale pretty quick. It seems like you want this playlist to fail- so you guys can say that you "tried"- but you really didn't.

Only two maps? Come on!

If you really want this playlist to succeed then you will put more maps like Mercy- The Rig- Plaza- Fathom- Eden- Coliseum and Empire in the rotation because personally- I know I want this playlist to succeed and even hopefully replace the non-HCS playlist!
You realize it is only these two maps because of the tournament right? Like, please tell me you understand that.
Did you even read the whole thing or did you skim through it?

You do realize that this playlist will most likely be taken off before Worlds because of its usage and health- right? It will probably only last for one month
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6