1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. ...
  8. 9
When is regular FFA coming back? Just give me a date please so I know when I can play Halo 5 again and actually have fun. The new FFA playlist is possibly the worst thing 343 has done to the game for people who mainly solo que and play FFA.

It's disappointing that 343 only gives a -Yoink- about sweaty MLG kids when casuals are the reason Halo 5 even exists. My excitement for H6 dissipates more and more every day with the horrible decisions that are being made in H5.
As a MLG kid it’s funny because I have used the same argument except the roles are flipped 😂 MLG kids should have their two playlists and casuals should have the rest simple as that 😁
I'm a casual and I ranked higher than you so I doubt you're an MLG player.
I should correct that to use to be 😂 Play me in Halo 3 or reach and I will rip your face off. Play me in halo 5 and you will probably destroy me 😁
Why would I want to play a sluggish, running on the moon feeling game that can't even run 30fps without dropping frames, when Halo 5 runs rock solid 4k 60fps????????
I played some Halo 3 (actually has a FFA mode unlike Halo5) while waiting out a 39 minute Halo 5 ban last night, oh man, it feels so sluggish like wearing cement boots. Looks nicer now though in 4K, but that awful gameplay....
Isn’t it amazing how halo 3 back in 2008 was sooo smoothed I loved halo 3 and put days into that game. It’s amazing how smoothe these games are in 60 FPS. But in Munich opinion I had more fun playing halo 3 than I have in Halo 5. Don’t know if better graphics results in worse gameplay...
I've had more fun with Halo 5 and Halo 4 MP than any Halo, but now that they removed the FFA mode from Halo 5 the fun is gone and I have more fun playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare ReMasterpiece in FFA mode.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Bans don't stop people from quitting, they only punish those that do. Most of us have 100 to 200+ games on our XBOX ONE X's though so it's not like you're going to jail with nothing else to do. They should increase the length of the match and allow others to join in progress to fill the empty slots. Also, the bans just make even less players in the queue.
No way that a JiP in a ranked playlist will go over well. They had that in Halo 4. It was one of the more unpopular aspects of the game, and they removed it.

Why would making the games go longer help either? Twelve minutes is more than enough time to play. In reality you only have a couple more weeks to deal with this playlist. Pretty soon you will be able to go back to your old Halo 5 FFA don't fret.
There arent many casual players (or halo players in general) because of 343s focus on making halo super competitive. Of course the pro playlists are gonna have high populations when they come out, because pros are going to be the last ones to play the game during its lifecycle. I understand the importance of the professional scene but Halo always had a great balance of both and it seems like the scales are starting to tip.
I'm not sure what you consider a tipping point, but the pro playlists currently account for less than 5% of playtime.

It just so happens that FFA in general isn't a big draw, so the sizes of the pro and non-pro sections of the FFA community are similar, with the pro taking the edge right now.

There is probably also a third middle group who is fine either way and may even make up the bulk of the population of that list, but even so, the list has more activity than it did before in the short term.

But, to be fair, it usually takes about 1-2 months for a playlists pop to settle into where it will tend to long term, so we're not making any lasting judgement calls at this time. We're just happy to support the current HaloWC FFA events with a playlist.

Afterwards, we can look and see what solution the population can best support.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Bans don't stop people from quitting, they only punish those that do. Most of us have 100 to 200+ games on our XBOX ONE X's though so it's not like you're going to jail with nothing else to do. They should increase the length of the match and allow others to join in progress to fill the empty slots. Also, the bans just make even less players in the queue.
No way that a JiP in a ranked playlist will go over well. They had that in Halo 4. It was one of the more unpopular aspects of the game, and they removed it.

Why would making the games go longer help either? Twelve minutes is more than enough time to play. In reality you only have a couple more weeks to deal with this playlist. Pretty soon you will be able to go back to your old Halo 5 FFA don't fret.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
you admitted to being banned on this thread. you are one of the quitters. stop that. increasing the length of the match makes no sense and JIP is not for ranked play.
ZaedynFel wrote:
It just so happens that FFA in general isn't a big draw, so the sizes of the pro and non-pro sections of the FFA community are similar, with the pro taking the edge right now.

But, to be fair, it usually takes about 1-2 months for a playlists pop to settle into where it will tend to long term, so we're not making any lasting judgement calls at this time. We're just happy to support the current HaloWC FFA events with a playlist.

Afterwards, we can look and see what solution the population can best support.
If the population drops to where the original FFA was, what about considering making FFA social instead? You could then add objective gametypes to it as well like FFA's in previous games. I think it would make it more appealing to play.
I am thinking the exact opposite. Keep it in ranked, keep the settings, but add a few more maps. Maybe add an AR weapon spawn here or there. Basically try for something that most can agree on.

I am still really loving the playlist. The mm in the games is pretty spot on. There's a lot of close matches.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
I am thinking the exact opposite. Keep it in ranked, keep the settings, but add a few more maps. Maybe add an AR weapon spawn here or there. Basically try for something that most can agree on.

I am still really loving the playlist. The mm in the games is pretty spot on. There's a lot of close matches.
I wish I could say the matchmaking felt fair/close... I haven't faced anyone ranked diamond or Onyx since my last post about it, but then again, still 90% of my games have been with people who are unranked. I finally saw another Gold player today...
DaxSeven09 wrote:

autos are the soul reason of randomness. it is not needed. im all for a social FFA with ARS in it and call it rumble pit. but the pop is to low for that. most actually agree on the new playlist. its the casuals that are in the minority
DaxSeven09 wrote:

I wish I could say the matchmaking felt fair/close... I haven't faced anyone ranked diamond or Onyx since my last post about it, but then again, still 90% of my games have been with people who are unranked. I finally saw another Gold player today...
wait a bit more till the ranks get settled in. but ima let you in on something. this playlist is for those who know the ins and outs of this game completely and when i mean completely i mean literally down to every spawn, nade trap and setup. if you don't know everything it will feel unfair. the only way this playlist works is if everyone in the lobby knows exactly what they are doing 100% of the time. when that happens, everyone, even the guy in 6th will at least have 20+ kills. the unbalance comes from that one dude going 7 and 25. there's people i face that i know 100% i will win against them every time no matter what they do. that means they should not even be playing in the first place but instead going into forge and learning the spawns. i hate to repeat myself in this thread but this is coming from a champion player so ive seen it all already and can tell you this with confidence
I like the pistol starts, unlimited kills, no autos, and no power weapons. However I found 12 min too long and I ran out of pistol ammo several times.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
ffa hype just in time for mlg!!!
I haven’t been on recently, life has got in the way. But was watching London the weekend, so made some time for some games, even though I squashed my thumb in the car door last week. The one change I do like is the unlimited kills... it takes me back to the halo2/3 comp days. Overall, not looking into it too much this HWC playlist in FFA Makes the skill gap feel more real. For me they should keep this playlist in Ranked and have the H5FFA in social.
Decent playlist, not a massive fan of Ability Tracker but i can get used to it, just one thing i feel the 12 min is a bit too long, drags games out when your winning and makes it annoying when your losing by a lot, maybe 8-10 mins would be better?

Oh and i agree with anyone saying that the old FFA should have stayed, not sure a replacment was neccessary.
DaxSeven09 wrote:

How about switching it to "social with extra gametypes" just for the weekends? :o
-- Or even just 1 of the weekend days.

Not only a nice change of pace, but also an opportunity to draw people back into the playlist, without the corresponding population loss that a more permanent change would come with.

I'm not much of a social gametype fan myself, but I'd be lying if I said I never miss playlist juggernaut (customs are always some super weird variant).

Thoughts, waypointians?
more maps coming after the end of worlds?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
Man, this playlist is horrible. It's too campy.
is anyone still playing FFA? I can't get matches.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. ...
  8. 9