Can we start halo 2 tournaments? Using old MLG settings or today's Hardcore playlist in MCC?
I was kind of upset to see DreamHack only using H3, don't get me wrong I love that there is finally starting to be events for Halo 3 again.
I understand that halo 3 is widely the more played game.
I personally don't think FFA was made to be played on Halo 3 because of how blocky the game is and how much slower paced it is.
Can an admin explain the criteria on holding events? Is it still at a point where only 343 or partners can hold events?
Or will there ever be events for halo 2?
Best Regards,
Guddo
Good
Freaking
Luck
Probably not. H2 had it's time before h5 in H2A
D M4N8 wrote:
I think this is a big misconception. H2A was so unlike original Halo 2 that many, many players felt slighted at how 343 handled the anniversary multiplayer. H2 hasnt gotten any developer love in years.
D M4N8 wrote:
I think this is a big misconception. H2A was so unlike original Halo 2 that many, many players felt slighted at how 343 handled the anniversary multiplayer. H2 hasnt gotten any developer love in years.
How was it unlike the original?
D M4N8 wrote:
It was built up using Halo 4's engine, but the original multiplayer designer for Halo 2 (Max Hoberman) was involved in every step of that. Think of it more as a directors cut of how he originally wanted Halo 2 multiplayer to be, that at least was his comments on it.
https://challonge.com/efcvcrwt
stckrboy wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
It was built up using Halo 4's engine, but the original multiplayer designer for Halo 2 (Max Hoberman) was involved in every step of that. Think of it more as a directors cut of how he originally wanted Halo 2 multiplayer to be, that at least was his comments on it.
I think Max Hoberman is an awesome guy, but just because he claimed the anniversary mod to be a "director's cut" doesnt actual translate with how majority of Halo 2 classic players felt about H2A.

It's the exact same as trying to tell real CE players that the H1 Anniversary mod in Reach was anything other than a complete catastrophe.
D M4N8 wrote:
where is our midship h2a map man... why relic and not an mlg comp map?... Oh yeah its on h5..... (Thumbs Down)
Maybe halo 2 anniversary on MCC?
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
It is nothing like original H2. Like mentioned before its on the Halo 4 engine and plays just like H4 with a Halo 2 flavoring. Sure some cosmetics look like H2 but its not Halo 2. What they should have done was brought the re-mastered Halo 2 engine that you can play in the campaign on MCC over to H2 Multiplayer but they did not do that because they were still pushing for Halo 4 sales at time of release. But yes if you go into H2 Campaign the engine they are using for the re master is basically a correct engine that they should have used for multiplayer for H2. You can double shot and bxr and movement feels just like original h2 but they only confined this to the campaign which is sad. It would have been nice to see this done for all original Halo 2 maps and not just a Halo 4 H2A with only limited maps..
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
It is nothing like original H2. Like mentioned before its on the Halo 4 engine and plays just like H4 with a Halo 2 flavoring. Sure some cosmetics look like H2 but its not Halo 2. What they should have done was brought the re-mastered Halo 2 engine that you can play in the campaign on MCC over to H2 Multiplayer but they did not do that because they were still pushing for Halo 4 sales at time of release. But yes if you go into H2 Campaign the engine they are using for the re master is basically a correct engine that they should have used for multiplayer for H2. You can double shot and bxr and movement feels just like original h2 but they only confined this to the campaign which is sad. It would have been nice to see this done for all original Halo 2 maps and not just a Halo 4 H2A with only limited maps..
Weird. I read somewhere that MCC had like 5 engines. One for each game and one master engine, if you will, to integrate all the other ones. I guess this only applies to the campaign???