Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Halo Needs a Better eSports Environment

OP Uncrowned Guard

Hello, while it is true that I am not active in this community I have decided that is the best place to voice my opinion on a matter that I honestly believe is a major aspect to Halo infinite's success. Halo is the series that almost redefined what esports was back in the day and essentially recreated the entire industry under the Halo series.

However, today I find myself not just unmotivated to follow the Halo Championship Series, but to the point that it is frustrating and almost a challenge to simply keep track of what is happening in the series itself. I will not list other competitive esports leagues in this topic however the truth is Halo (the esports defining gaming series) is unnecessarily difficult to be a fan of at this point.

I am not making this post to rant and rave about 343 or the Halo series, but I am making it hopefully to help encourage development within the championship series to the point that it can stand toe to toe with the competition. The series itself lacks any reasonable way to follow what is happening, the website associated with the series has merely a blog style news posting and that is the worst way to follow schedules and results along with all the other statistics that are involved in esports. On top of an almost complete lacking usable information, the only meaningful way to even figure out when to watch the streams, who is playing, or any sort of following of the events themselves is by random Tweets on Twitter. I am sure there is a method behind this, but I feel like there is a reason no major sport is using Twitter as their only information outlet.

I am not going to discuss using a third party to host the tournaments and stuff like that as I am sure the back end processed doing it yourself is quite extensive and it seems to be running fine. However, Halo Waypoint seriously needs to pull information from that website and post it on pages with schedules and results and other ways that the fans can quickly tune in and see what is happening. Again, I am not trying to just complain as I genuinely want the Halo esports event to thrive and continue to grow.

Just do an internet search of Halo Championship Series and in the results are madness. This is how all those new up and coming gamers/fans will be looking for information. Halo is about to be back on the map again and I truly hope the esports side decides to bring details to that map. If you disagree with me, please let me know, but if you agree with this, please add your thoughts and hopefully action will eventually be taken.
si es cierto :v
I totally agree with you on this. They need an Official HCS app for all devices so one can access it anytime to find out what is going on. From there they can link any twitter posts or accounts and other types of news that is related to HCS.
I totally agree with you on this. They need an Official HCS app for all devices so one can access it anytime to find out what is going on. From there they can link any twitter posts or accounts and other types of news that is related to HCS.
Yeah, 343 could use a few apps.
That is very good