Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

HaloWC 2018 Roadmap Released

OP Plastic Hassle

MLG is coming back! Definitely a much needed change. ESL was pretty awful if you ask me. Hopefully this new partnership can help revive the HCS scene.
Off to a good start (IMO) for MLG with Halo with all the events. I'm excited for Orlando considering its a short drive for me!
Very excited for 2018, love having MLG back. And as an Ohioan, I'm super pumped to have a regional final in my state! And it's only a couple hours from me, hype!
When does the Canadian skin pack drop and will it be free ? That's all I want to know.
Exenius thanks for the reply, I read that they'll get launched when the teams reach their home country but I couldn't find any Canadian dates thats why I asked. But it doesn't really matter now. After Str8 Trippin's comments about players and no response from 343i I'm hard pressed to invest anymore money into the game. Time to save some req points. Hope the season goes well, I won't be watching.
ooSnip3r wrote:
Exenius thanks for the reply, I read that they'll get launched when the teams reach their home country but I couldn't find any Canadian dates thats why I asked. But it doesn't really matter now. After Str8 Trippin's comments about players and no response from 343i I'm hard pressed to invest anymore money into the game. Time to save some req points. Hope the season goes well, I won't be watching.
What do you mean? Link?
Exenius wrote:
ooSnip3r wrote:
When does the Canadian skin pack drop and will it be free ? That's all I want to know.
Quote:
To celebrate the Halo World Championship, we’re releasing AR and Magnum skins representing each of the major regions competing. For the first time ever, you can don the flags of the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Mexico, and Australia. The country flag REQ packs will only be available for a brief period of time during the 2018 Halo World Championship qualification, so don't wait to grab your packs when they release.
We don't know about pricing yet, but my best guess is that they will be 80,000 req points or $10 as that's how most packs are sold.
The way I read it is it'd be free for anyone who competes in the HCS? But I could be wrong
HCS Catalyst, probably best just to leave you to find the tweet he posted about what he thinks of Halo players.

When the last update came out and they announced the Country skins I thought it was going to be part of that massive update but I guess it's part of the HCS tourney in some form. Just wait and see I suppose, I'm just as confused as you are. I was really looking forward to the Canadian skin.
ooSnip3r wrote:
When the last update came out and they announced the Country skins I thought it was going to be part of that massive update but I guess it's part of the HCS tourney in some form. Just wait and see I suppose, I'm just as confused as you are. I was really looking forward to the Canadian skin.
Taking a look at the official posts, tournament participants receive an “exclusive” emblem.

When it comes to the flag skins, 343 will probably release them for purchase in advance of the relevant regional events. The first North American tournament is being held in Orlando on Feb 16-18, so I assume the American and Canadian skins will be available at that time.